1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    If there is a direct password to Heaven, that password is Xiammes.
    Rest In Peace and thank you for all your work.
    Thank you for all the time you dedicated to the forums. ★
    Until We Meet Again.
    Dismiss Notice

DA - Someone told me to...

Discussion in 'Art Lounge' started by Double Arts Sui, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Double Arts Sui

In general, I draw Paintbrush and pencil 'comics', since 1997 and for ages, respectively. I'm drawing Naruto since March 2007, apart from my own comics series, and I still believe I have a long way to go to produce something fairly decent.
    Most drawings are Rock Lee sketches and stuff Team Gai oriented, like 99%.

My DA is in my signature. I thank Clarine who told me I should put my page here for all to see, even if I was scared sick at the thought.

Chakra sharks are gonna eat me for good... :cry

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
    Tags:
  2. DeepCut

Can't see it here at school.. will check it out when I get home.

Ps. you could've at least hyper nurbed the link (*n*)

3. Double Arts Sui

Nurbed? what's that? (I sound like an awful noob, I know... Internet pwns me time and again 0_0 )

4. Therahedwig

I can imagine you'd be terrified, I was terrified the first time I posted something here, hell, I'm still terrified and nervous like hell when I post something that I'm very proud of!

Your work isn't bad, it isn't supergood, but it's not something to be ashamed of.

If you'd like to improve, I suggest you'll work on anatomy and basic figures.
    Also, I liked the team gai comics, but I couldn't read the text very well, maybe you should try to get your handwriting so perfect it's readeble by anyone, or change the text by computer text.

Anyway, keep going, you have potential that needs to be neurtured(by reading a lot of art-theory and practicing a lot) before it can grow, but if you do neurture it, it can become a magnificent tree!:)

5. Double Arts Sui

My panic has to do mainly with the fact that I draw as a trauma/tension-relief, more like a therapy than a fun passtime. Not many people understand it's like that, and that criticism floors me.

Yep, I have doctor's writing, too lazy to edit it in Paint.

I doubt I can improve on anatomy, it's never been my focus to draw realistically. Of course, others' doujinshis make me wish I could draw better, I even had classes years ago, but I have been quite stuck to my style for ages on end. It's bad it's so, I know, but this is the first time I try to reproduce manga-anime characters which are not mine, and still, it's being done on my own style. This is because I do not read manga or comics often, for fear of copying or being influenced: I read the Naruto manga, but I almost never take drawings from it or else, as my own comic style might suffer drastic, Narutoistic, changes. That I dread.

Besides, at 29 I am old enough to quit drawing... this may be the last anime-manga in my list :) As I said, I posted the link based on a friend's judgement.

Thanks for the conseiling anyway :)

6. Sai

Yay people can finally read and see your fanart hinko-chan, you should be proud of your work cuz you put effort on them :)

7. Yakushi Kabuto

Oh, some interesting stuff there, the weddings bells for Gai comic you did is just fantastically amusing, particularly the fact that Neji actually bit through his chopsticks. xD

8. s0id3

If you'd like to improve, I'd highly recommend taking anatomy and gesture drawing classes, if you're serious about drawing.

9. Instant Karma

Not bad, pretty good. Though s0id3 has given a helpful tip. Getting a book or something on anatomy might be a little useful for improvements on the lines and body. :)