1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dragon Ball Drawing Contest pt2
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

7. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Dabi and the Todoroki's

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Claudio Swiss, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

We all know the most popular theory in the fanbase is dabi is toya and is the eldest brother
    But how much do you buy said theory?
    Sure he could be but at the same time the biggest grudge the fam has against endeavor was him putting there mom in a mental hospital
    We know something happened to toya given natsuo referencing him however it didn't seem that bad otherwise they would've made it a bigger deal

Tags:
  2. Courier Six Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    After the recent Endy arc where Hori had to bullshit Enji being half blind when Dabi came?

Pretty much confirmed.

3. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

Meh i doubt mainly with toya situation they would've made it a much bigger deal

4. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

Endy put up his very first son for adoption. Abandoned him. Basically wasn't gonna bother raising/keeping any children until he got the right one. His wife put her foot down for keeping the rest of their children with Endy compromising on the matter

Still would be very cold for this to be the reveal. After Endy's redemption arc and all...

Id much rather... Endy tried making a clone at first, he is rich, but then decided to have children instead. His children took offence to the matter.

As long as it is explained that Dabi's facial scars are a result of Endy surgically trying to install some type laser beam gun to his face then I will be happy

5. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

50/50, is like the Obito reveal in that is so obvious that is hard to believe Horikoshi was so lazy.

There's also the theory that Daby is using Toya's skin :catprone

Or that he is just a collateral victim from Endeavor's crime fighting being all about beating the villains first and foremost :catprone

6. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

I'm willing to bet that Dabi was the son. I think the whole burnt tissue isn't an accident though. I'm willing to bet that Dabi willingly did that to himself. We know he's a radical like Stain, and that he's mentally unhinged. Perhaps when he was young he became so disgusted with Endeavor and ran away from home, and while out he became obsessed with villains that look to reform society, and started becoming an obsessive radical, burning himself to prove his faith to the cause of changing the world.

7. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    Dabi's burnt skin was probably him overusing his quirk imo.

Some theory is he ran away from home, or the entire family thought he was dead.

8. Ignition Matarah Sukha

It's hinted too much so I'd be surprised if it doesn't turn to be true.
    What I'd like to know if those are skin grafts or burn scars, I honestly can't tell.

9. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

It better be. You don't just constantly set yourself on blue flame and suffer zero consequence especially given how quirks work in this series. Plus the fact endeavor can have a literally heatstroke from spamming "regular" flame.
    Probably the former given how natsu reacted. I think he would've been way more hesitant and in turmoil bringing him up if he thought he was dead.

10. WorldsStrongest #Rem4life

Canada
    Shoto was inches away from Dabi and his vision was fine and never recognized him tho

Endeavor also recognized Dabi as a Villain he knew of later in that chapter

I dont think its very "confirmed" as of now

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2018
  11. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    The thing is Endeavor probably didn't take a good look at Dabi's face, like why did Hori even make his vision blurry? Why is Endeavor outside when LoV gets attacked by the heroes back in the Bakugou rescue arc? :wow

Shoto has always been isolated from his siblings since young, and may have never really met Dabi even if he saw him when he's young.

There is reason Dabi addressed Todoroki like its personal or something, same goes with Endeavor.

12. WorldsStrongest #Rem4life

Canada
    He wasnt allowed to play with them, he still saw them...

Hed recognize his brother if he was literally nose to nose with him. If Dabi is later confirmed to be a Todoroki, they are gonna need a better explanation than this for why Shoto didnt recognize him when Bakugo was kidnapped.

13. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    He saw a younger Dabi, and as I said, he might never got in contact and saw him from afar. The Dabi now has a scarred face, and already dyed his hair.

14. Courier Six Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    Link doesn’t work.
    Also as HK said. Shouto didn’t even interact with his siblings till only recently and Dabi’s whole face is scarred which will make any attempts to recognize him hard.

15. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

It's like, no one will say " I called it " because it's so fucking obvious it hurts to even think that someone would play that as a surprise.

16. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Puerto Rico
    i'm willing to bet that one day Dabi will be the one the finish off Endeavor...

not until 3rd year at UA though...when the new big 3 are ready to take the spotlight.

17. Soljah Super Ghost

Either dabi is his son which wouldn't surprise me or he is a fanatic tryning to copy endeavor and fell short maybe a worse off inasa and became this person to show up endeavor. The burns on his face kinda seem like he tried to mimic him. The reason I had my doubts it was his son because he should recognize how voice even if he didn't see him

18. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Puerto Rico
    90% sure he's that red headed boy playing with the other 2 siblings in Shoto's flashback :pek

19. shunsui1 Jacking in.

Isn't Dabis quirk cremation? Wouldn't it be crazy if Dabi actually has memory loss and won't remember that he is endeavors son until they do his bank story?

Let's say he overused his quirk trying to impress endeavor and had a freak accident that burned his skin which then caused the memory loss and for him to be put up for adoption because he disappointed his dad

20. Ignition Matarah Sukha

I don't think he has a bank account :hm

21. shunsui1 Jacking in.

watch next arc be about bank accounts for hero's and villains :awesome

22. Raventhal Sage of the Six Pack

You also have something overlooked by most witb the wind kid who hates Endeavor and Shoto. Says Shoto has the same cold eyes as Endeavor. Dabi does as well.