1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Daily Sketch And Fan Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Lounge' started by Deleted member 73050, May 4, 2014.

1. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

I drew the MC Rival in my story
    Names Bisko
    Smug and cocky.

2. Jouninja Well-Known Member

Right now, from what I've seen, he is some flavor of angry at all times, lol, from quietly livid, to unleashed, raw fury. :psyduck

Or do you mean if I can draw it? Yeah, I can draw sad/worried expressions, but that's not his character. :catgun He don't get SAD, he get MAD! :catfright If he gives in to pure rage, he transforms, but I haven't drawn out the design yet, even though I've had the design in my head for over a year now. All I got is the Bloodknight form of other knight characters, but not his, his is like super awesome. :hocatboogieAlthough some parts of his design are still vague, waiting for it to clear up in my head before I draw it. Although I'll probably try anyway soon. :angrywife

3. Jouninja Well-Known Member

I found it! The Knight and Princess of early '12. I don't think I've ever shown these designs online or the original image host it was on got deleted years ago. This is the first instance of an "angry knight" that I could find.

In the spoiler, is the History of the Knights 10th to the 18th era, image intense.

Spoiler:

For the above knight, the "prototype" sketch of the same year was this neurotic looking knight, lol.

I would say, this is my favorite era of designs, for example, the dragon villain looked menacing:

Now compare it to the knight and princess from '11:

The side characters like these jesters, where interesting:

People liked the story so much, it got featured December 2011, a story titled "Ultranimu", but I ended it soon after, since I wanted to reboot it, again. D:

Knight of '10 was lame af, BUT the side characters and world where far more interesting(Knight and Princess not shown, due to lame designs, Flight Knight, for example is an antagonist in the story, and his design beats out the protagonists.):

This era was strange, since it had an alternate, more realistic version, of the style, the knight still looked lame regardless, these are just side characters:

The year after '12, Knight '13, was a neat design, as where the side characters:

Knight '14 was a video game character mostly, and tried to be the most animu of all knight designs at that point:

Knight '15, was a video game avatar of a human, lol, since this time, the story revolved around some sort of competitive multiplayer game.

Knight '16 was the 2nd instance of an "angry knight" but he was more insane than angry, lol, and this would be the 2nd iteration of a "frowning princess." Since the '06 Princess was a frowning type.

Knight of '17 was the one from that 3d game I made:

Which takes us to now with the "Raging" knight that I've been drawing, Knight of '18.

Knight '06 lasted till '09 before I retired that universe, that version of the frowning princess it what the present princess is homage to.

Before '06, well, that is not a Knight, and that is not a Princess. :psyduck Do you really want to see?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Art Pimp Art Pimp x 1
    • List
  4. RemChu † No More Heroes †

You should use that design still for another character, very cute.

5. Loni House Targaryen

That is some cool drawing ESD!!! You should do more variations and really flesh things out.

P.S. The lewd rating is for the sig.

6. Jouninja Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do plan to use her as the "Rival Princess", since her personality is the opposite of the more gloomy frowning Princess, lol. I just gotta make some changes since she can't be using the same weapon too, lol(She will probably get a Wand, and her element is still up in the air, might be Hex like the other Rival Princess.)

I did attempt to use a similar Rival Princess to '12 off my memory in the '14 series(Pink haired Princess), but since they where both happy go lucky types, it didn't pan out.(IN the 18 series, the pink haired successor is more of a mischievous princess and now considered a separate archetype).

For the '18 series, I plan to make a Princess similar to the design of the '12 Princess you mentioned(which is why I was looking for the '12 Princess in the first place, lol, to use as reference instead of trying to draw her from memory, and getting her wrong like in the above pic, lol :catlewd ), and if put against the current Princess, it is a perfect rivalry of Optimism vs Gloomy. This optimism Princess uses a Wand instead of magnifier though, lol(I haven't decided what her element is yet, but she might make use of Space or Yang, or something.). Although in this story, she is hunting down the gloomy princess due to mistaking her for being a villain, lol. And there's the Princess of rival of '14, which I want to use a new version of her in this story, to make it a three way rivalry, which will be the glove using Princess with the Hex element.

Anyways, here are some more of the 012 Princess that I found, I refer to her as the optimist princess, and was saving it for a future time when I was better at designing the side characters:

And the moment it went from the neutral prototype sketch to the optimistic design:

Now to compare it to the time periods that followed.

I found the final two pieces of artwork regarding the '14 Knight and Princess, which was sometime in '15. She was sort of a successor to the optimist princess in a way, but didn't quite capture her aesthetic due to the animu style.

Some more of the '15 Knight and Princess.

More of '16 time period, it was a step down you could say, lol, since I was trying to be more westernized and toony with the designs:

And then I look at the 05(which I was calling 06, but the earliest timestamp I found is 05 for this series, and also the SAME YEAR as my forum account), which actually lasted till late 07, then the 08 time period was the worst since it was an attempt at the toon style, which failed, I'm reluctant to post stuff from that time. :explicat

'09 and '10 are just behind '08 as the worst of the worst designs. :catroll

I think I hid away '12 designs because I felt that I didn't have the skill to execute a good story with them and didn't want to ruin that batch, lol.

'13 Princess was an optimism type as well, it's also the year I had made so much artwork, that I was able to make that Rebel Knight comic last year without drawing anything due to having no tablet until November(when I designed the '18 designs).

:catroll So many reboots, I need to properly document them, and call them by their real iteration(2nd gen, 3rd gen, etc.), instead by the year they where made in, lol.

To show how lame it was, here is the '10 Knight and Princess, totally inhuman designs, lol. :catstabbedAlthough that hat the Princess as is sort of stylin'.

'08 is the worst since it's totally devolved in comparison to the previous era.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  7. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

#themeoftheweek

Been a while since I went at it with colors. And I wanted to do a TotW, and get a bit more time in with the new character, and here we go.

• Like Like x 3
    • Art Pimp Art Pimp x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

Sonic sketch

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Bontakun Moderator

Whoa that's just really, really good, especially around the head area!

10. Underworld Broker Senpai

did a few drawings for a game in the alley :blobvibes

11. Brian           

will color

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Art Pimp Art Pimp x 2
    • List
  12. Robo Heretic

Was drawing Naruto as part of a larger picture. Got bored and made a separate version where I just slapped a Neon Watercolor texture below the line work and it looked pretty cool. Might make it my avatar

edit: You guys/gals have come a long way since when I first started posting here. I love seeing that.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Art Pimp Art Pimp x 1
    • List
  13. Underworld Broker Senpai

Some keys to the treasures I posted recently + other things :blobhide

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Art Pimp Art Pimp x 1
    • List
  14. Bontakun Moderator

So bling! Looks like you've found your niche/calling!

15. Underworld Broker Senpai

Yeah, seems like it, haha though i still gotta work on drawing diamonds, they're not looking how i want them to :blobkcop

16. Bontakun Moderator

More contrast. The dark parts should be almost 000000 black and the light parts almost FFFFFF white.

17. Underworld Broker Senpai

i don't know exactly where to place those colors (mostly the black parts eh), kinda staying a bit in my comfort zone atm :lmao

will probably have to look at a few diamond tutorials, maybe it'll help when i draw them often enough :catsalute

18. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

Wanted to keep drawing until I get my new sketch book
    So here’s two Fusion from Dragon ball

• Like Like x 5
    • Art Pimp Art Pimp x 2
    • List
  19. Robo Heretic

grayed out weapons are just there for placement and colored weapons for ref. Ill draw weapons by hand, not trace.
    The spartan armor will be tough to draw but I can always boot up a few games of Halo and take some screens

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. FoboBemo Well-Known Member

So i got really inspired and drew a 3 eyes demon staring at a chilled buddah. really love this so proud of it :blobmuscles

And did something super cartoony. this was fun. i call him Captain skully. The chillest skelly you will ever meet :gar

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  21. MShiina Worshipper of Mashiro Shiina

I am a fan of the good Cap

22. Loni House Targaryen

:capc You better!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  23. FoboBemo Well-Known Member

Tried to draw black suit spiderman but had just to make my own white outfit up because I didnt know how to colour it black while still having it look good. turned out alright. Ill call him the White Spider

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  24. FoboBemo Well-Known Member

Thanks. he told me to tell you "Keep it cool, man" :mahbama

Cool avi dude, check out this sketch i did of dabi last summer, Hes probably my fav Bocu no Hero design

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  25. Brian           

done :blobrip

• Art Pimp Art Pimp x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  26. Arcuya

watched into the spiderverse on the weekend and gwen’s spidey outfit is just too nice looking, so i drew it on arcueid

• Art Pimp Art Pimp x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  27. Loni House Targaryen

This is simply magical. I never expected this lighting scenario but it is... magical.

This is pretty darn fantastic. You did a great job making the character style really sing with your own touch.

28. Bontakun Moderator

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Art Pimp Art Pimp x 1
    • List
  29. RemChu † No More Heroes †

• Like Like x 9
    • Art Pimp Art Pimp x 1
    • List
  30. MShiina Worshipper of Mashiro Shiina

Working on a drawing of my waifu, should be done sometime soon

• Like Like x 2