1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Dante (DMC3) vs Sephiroth

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by SleepingDisaster, Jul 20, 2005.

vote for ....??

1. Dante

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Sephiroth

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  3. Draw

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. SleepingDisaster

I wonder Who gonna win

plzz poll or dizcuzz

Tags:
  2. google123

Sephiroth, he owns all. Part from Link. And Kakashi.

3. Supreme-Shinobi

gd 1! but sephy takes the win. masamume kicks ass.

4. Marysmary

Sephiroth..because he's cool like that.

5. Lord Yu

I'll go with Dante. Why do people worship Sephiroth anyway?

6. Gunshin

As overrated as Sephiroth is, he'd definately kill Dante. I can't imagine anything in Dante's arsenal that can stop Sephiroth. Vincent and Dante would have been a better match. And i'd take Keefka over Sephiroth anyday.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  7. azn_sephiroth

Sephiroths too pro. Screw Dante. I can own him

8. iaido

Sephiroth, easily.

9. Shera

Dante DEMON POWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Code

Well not sure if I'm missing something ... seems overwhelminingly Sephiroth.

Well anyways my opinion is Dante.

While Sephiroth casts Slowaga, Dante freezes time and then does stuff to Sephiroth... say ... like kill him?

11. Gunshin

Dante can only Freeze time for as long as his DT gauge allows. In that amount of time, Dante cannot kill sephiroth, And, even if he theoreticaly does, Sephiroth will just morph.

Furthermore, I believe Dante needs to build meter before he can freeze anything, almost like a limit break. In the amount of time it takes for Dante to build up his gauge, Sephiroth can slow/stop/petrify or whatever. Furthermore, he can summon meteor.

And i've yet to see Dante face a boss that throws anything as damaging as a meteor.

12. Code

Sephiroth as all his abilities right?

Then Dante should have himself at the strongest.

Meaning Super Dante, with infite DT. Sephiroth can summon a meteor, and Dante can summon another self with all his DT abilities... say create a bunch of Dantes while time is frozen. Use Cerebus for ice, Nevan for lightnig, Aretmis to blast him with some energy(infinite DT means infinite energy? or combine that with Sphere to create some world destroying Kamehameha and so on...) and so on.... and more...

Say if he's not using Quicksilver(which he should be using as it's part of his powers), and he's about to be crushed by Meteor he can use Air Trick ti dissapear completely and appear right by Sephiroth...(if a rule is set that it can only lock on instead of freely popping in and out of nowhere where he should technically be able to do...)

With Ultimate, he'll only get more health whenver he's hit. Basically making him nearly invicible...(had to look up a description on this since I never got it when I played... don't know if it has any precaution or whatever which I doubt it does).

13. Gunshin

Super Dante is a not an actual part of the game. It's an extra. That would be like me saying: "Doom has God Mode, thus, he can kill Dante and Sephiroth!".

All it takes is:

1. One Break
    2. One Stop
    3. One Meteor
    4. One Supernova

You make Dante to me more elusive than he actually is. Are you telling me you can go from level 1 - finish without getting hit once? And look what Dante has to kill..

1. Sephiroth - If we're assuming an all out battle, than Sephiroth should have 9999 HP and 9999 MP. He should have access to all materia and weapons. Do you know what that means? Sephiroth has access to:

a. Counter/Steal - Dante Attacks, and now Dante's wondering: "Wheres my fathers sword?"

b. Counter/Deathblow - Dante attacks, Dante is dead.

c. Final Attack/Revive - "Why won't he die?!"

Those were just basic combinations I listed. I can go all day.

Now as much as I doubt Dante can beat Sephiorths first form... assuming he does...

2. Bizzaro Sephiroth
    HP:

Bizzaro - 40 000
    Head - 2000
    Arm - 4000
    Leg - 4000
    Core - 10 000

And good luck to Dante getting throughthat because Bizzarro Sephiroth can heal 6,500 HP per turn. Furthermore, each body part acts on it's own turn, meaning if Dante disapears, and reapears somewhere else, he can have an attack or spell ready to smack him on the back. Now assume he beats Bizzzaro form....

3. Safer Sephiroth
    HP: ?

Wall, Break, Flare, Doom, Dispel, Pale horse, Shadow Flare, Dein, plus Super Nova.

Its too much for one Dante to handle.

14. Code

Well Super Dante is a form you get... extras are what make the game... Well they're part of it...

Does Sepiroth hismelf use those counters? (The last time I played FF7 was even longer than the last time I've played DMC3).

15. Final Ultima

80,000 + (number of characters at Level 99 - number of times Bizzaro Sephiroth's head was reduced to 0 HP) x 100

Just in case you wanted to know. XD

I was playing Devil May Cry 3 earlier today, but I've got to say, RPG characters are really difficult to compare to action-orientated characters. Although, if we use the "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII" as a source (and it's canon anyway), Sephiroth would've needed to have been something out of this world just to keep up with Cloud in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. And we all know that aside from the last battle (which debatably was just in Cloud's head anyway, and was therefore nothing more than a symbolic battle), Sephiroth was stronger than Cloud in his base form, let alone in Bizzaro or Safer form.

16. Gunshin

Extras are made to make gameplay longer. They are not *actual* parts of the game. Do you really think Dante will be in DMC4 as Super Dante? Furthermore, discussion with extra's makes the whole point of discussing these battles pointless.

Doom vs Hulk = GOD MODE = Doom beats everyone because of an extra.

I have plenty of other examples where extra's can make characters invincible. Tenchu, RE... theres too many games to name where developers put extras to extend the amount of time someone can play a game without being bored.

Sephiroth has Fire-All, Earth-All, Ice-All, Lightning-All, Final Attack-Revive, Master Magic, MP Absorb. I mentioned the others because they're equipible. Either way, Sephiroths initial set up is very powerful, especialy since everything is mastered.

"Final Attack - Revive" makes him practicaly invincible already.

17. Code

The thread title says DMC3 specifically where Dante has Super Dante as a form. Doesn't matter if he'll have it in DMC4.

18. Gunshin

Whether or not he'll have it or not have it is irrelevant. If we're to say that extra's count, then I can use the FF7 debug room to arm Sephiroth to the bone. with materia. My point is that extras are just extras. They aren't a true measure of how strong the character is. Do you think Leon can actually have an infinite gattling gun? Or Ayame control the opponent, get infinite life, have all weapons, and all the numerous other extras? If that is allowed, then conversations reguarding video game characters would be dull.

"Well, if I beat the game on extra hard, I can get this secret that gives me unlimited health and an extra long penis!"

19. skmt999

DMC 3? Hm. No.

Dante from DMC 2 Or even DMC1 could take Sephy, but not the Teenage Dante in 3. He's still working out the kinks in his system (even if the weapons are more kickass).

20. Sasuke1_2

oh this is a hard one...really good thread but i would have to go with Sephiroth on this one. He has a bigger advantage due to those other forms, powers, speed, strength...all the crap. Dante is strong and has a huge pain tolerance...but its only a matter of time before Sephiroth tears his body in pieces...

21. Purgatory

This is just incredibly stupid..even if Sephiroth wanted to use Meteor, it'd take a hella long ass time, and even before then, Dante with Trickster mode or even Quicksilver. Sephiroth doesn't have a chance in Hell.

22. Taleran

and besides out of the two of them Dante's the only good character so that gives him some points

23. Zaelapolopollo

They both suck.

Kuja and Kain come in and show them what REAL villains and heroes are like.

24. Purgatory

Either that or Vergil could just come busting in, owning the two of them blindfolded.

25. Taleran

Virgil is even more garbage than Dante

26. Enclave

Totally depends on which Sephiroth.

FF VII = Dante probably wins.
    KH = Dante loses.
    AC = Actually pretty fair of a fight.

27. Purgatory

You never played the Special Edition, so you can kiss my ass. :notrust

28. Taleran

whats that saying about Assumptions, I've played all versions of the game and own 2 copies of all of them (stupid collectors edition pack), Dante is a better character than his up-tight pompous brother...period.