1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Danzou....Kage Level? and Yamato Kuchiyose Emna?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Mibu Clan, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Mibu Clan Chibi Mibu

Well, being as he fought for Hokage against non other than the Proffesor, I think we can assume that he may very well be on Sarus level...
    Which will be kickass...

And Being as Yamato is someone close to Saru, or at least my scanlation told me that, maybe Yamato can summon Emna?

Tags:
  2. shintebukuro Well-Known Member

I'd bet Danzou is or used to be hokage-level, and Yamato is elite jounin-level.

3. Wrath Mourning

Hard to say, since he's apparently sans an arm and eye.

Goddammit! I keep hitting post too soon!

Obviously he was once Kage level, but considering his injuries and his age, he's no doubt fallen from that peak. After all the Third felt his age very badly, and Danzou must now be older than him... although I wouldn't be particularly surprised if Danzou ripped off Kakashi and stole an Uchiha's eye. He seems like the sort.

4. MF NaruSimpson In memory of Trayvon

so does danzo try and assasinate tsunade?

5. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

Well Danzou obviously wasnt on Sarutobis level.

Evidence? Sandaime Hokage Sarutobi.

6. Nara_Shikamaru246 ph34r t3h cute one.

Danzou probably lost to Sarutobi because Sarutobi was probably a more fit leader. Danzou seems like a warmonger. If it was the Shodaime and Nidaime's choice to pick the hokage I believe they choose Sarutobi since like it was mentioned in this chapter 285, he follows their teachings better.

7. Christen Itachi's trouble

Danzou is obviously a warfreak, but has the skills to be kage. If he has been chosen as hokage instead of Sarutobi, Konoha wouldn't be in it's current state right now. It would be more like Suna before the alliance and probably Konoha wouldn't have allies right now.

8. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

Yes, Danzou must be at or nearly Kage level if he competed for the title. Just adds more to this ever-changing plot. Man, this is just keeps getting more interesting...

9. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Most likely he wasn't on par with Sarutobi to begin with

He is also severely handicapped now (or at least he looks like he is). He is missing his right eye and his right arm, and has to walk with a cane.

So even though he looks to be younger then Sandaime would be, I'd imagine he isn't really a Hokage level shinobi anymore. There would be a reason why the council wouldn't put him into the position, and instead went to Jairaya, and then to Tsunade. His injuries have probably greatly reduced his fighting ability.

That being said, I bet he still has some a few nasty tricks up his sleeve.

10. Satetsu Kaihou

I think Danzou was kage level and is probably older than sandaime. He was probably waiting for the hokaga title until young sandaime came out. (I believe sandaime became hokage at a very young age, am I correct?) Also It seems that they most likely wouldn't want one which supported war. But overall I think that Danzou was never as strong as the sandaime me. Perhaps my thoughts can be swayed once we see what he can do in his old age.

Isn't Yamoto one of the best ANBU according the manga during the time of sandaime.

11. Manetheren Ero-Sennin Approves This Post!

He likely has weakened ALOT since those days.

Just seeing that he was passed over by the Council for the Godaime position for Tsunade (and Jiraiya... since he was their first choice.), even when they obviously have connections with him, kind of makes it apparent that he isn't in top fighting shape anymore.

12. tmmyc on a Forums Break

:headscrat

13. Chatulio Senex

UCH3 when tsunade said yamato was close to sandaime it meant he followed the ways of sandaime it doesnt apply he was taughtt by sandaime.

14. unapimper Member

maybe...

maybe Danzou got his ass kicked so bad by Sandaime in a match for the Hokage title that he lost an eye and an arm... thus forever holding a grudge.

Or he could've been punished severely by Shodai and Nidaime or something too :p

15. Archer Great Teacher Onizuka

or maybe those injuries were from kyuubi. it would give him a reason to fear what kyuubi can do if unleashed.

he's probably kage level, even though he was probably weaker than sarutobi. to me, he looks younger than sarutobi (and this is 3 years after sarutobi's death), but older than jiraiya.

& i 2nd tmmyc's response to the yamato ?...

16. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

While he is significantly weaker then before, he did compete with Sarutobi (possibly the strongest ninja in naruto history). I would say now he is still easily a jounin.

17. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

He probably was Kage material long ago but being crippled and old make it less obvious now.

18. chauronity ビリーバット

Possible, but unlikely. Even the Sannins have different summons and they were teached directly by the Sarutobi Sandaime... why someone "just close" person should share the summon then?

19. hesd Anomic.

He might be near Kage level nin..but with one arm, what seals can he perform? Haku's bloodline enabled him to execute a one handed seal, I believe..and Danzou possesses no bloodline (or does he?) Also, he was in charge of the ANBU root, meaning he is a force to reckon with. Yup, read the above posts for other evidences.

20. madcow3005 Active Member

One thing is for sure, Danzou cannot turn out to be on-par with Sarutobi right now. He may have been in the past, but if Danzou is STILL that strong, Kishi would have alot of explaining to do about why he didn't crush the Sand and Sound during the Konoha invasion. He may be a warmonger, but he still cares for Konoha, and wishes for it to continue.

21. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

i liked the yamato using cats theory better.

22. Gaara-Kazekage Member

It could be that they were too well-hidden to hear the commotion? Or, they were fighting off-panel so you couldn't see them?:nuts

23. korican04 ftp-nin

Why can't hanzou be on par with sarutobi in ninja battleness? just because he wasn't chosen? He seems to be a warmonger, why would sho pick him?
    Maybe not now that he hasn't been in missions unlike saru who seemed to continue to do things for the village, but he's probably no joke. Can't be too careful with those old guys in bandages.
    Oro was supposed to be picked but because of his ideals he wasn't and so the 4th was, not because his lack of skill.

24. Illumina Nice sword

I hope yamato can and will summon emna, i miss him!