1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Darling in the FranXX

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by Lewd, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Sablés Well-Known Member

Uh, that's because she's not. 02 has no idea how to get what she wants. But the point is that 02 recognizes that she currently messed up.

Ichigo doesn't know any of this though, and makes no attempt to even try to find out. And let's not even pretend that her capacity to, is even part of the equation. She just didn't care to look at it from 02's perspective, because she considered the latter an enemy right from the start.

You would think the team leader would do her best to watch for the whole team, not just the convenient ones.

2. blakstealth Club Bangerz

Yeah. 02 messed up, and Ichigo isn't the perfect leader. She was never one from the beginning. I believe keeping 02 and Hiro distant from each other was a big mistake from the get-go. Like I said, Ichigo could've tried harder to get to know 02, but can you see 02 even reciprocating that, especially before this episode? 02 wouldn't have given her the chance as she always kept to herself. 02 looked more vulnerable in this episode and maybe more willing to open up to Ichigo if provided the chance, but Ichigo was waay past that. Is it kinda irrational? Yeah. Is it understandable considering what just happened? Yeah.

3. Sablés Well-Known Member

02 would have given her an extremely difficult, if not impossible time. I'm not denying it and a lot of this is her fault too.

I'm just saying Ichigo is getting too much credit; she didn't even try to any reasonable degree to help the situation (her comrade) and arguably only made it worse. Afaic, this episode did nothing more than poorly justify her getting rid of an inconvenience.

4. Reznor Administrator Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    I do agree that Ichigo and Goro, as well as Hiro and Zero Two, would make a better pair than Ichigo and Hiro.
    Hiro and Ichigo enable each other's worse tendancies. Ichigo and Goro have mutual respect and Goro helps Ichigo deal with her insecurities.
    Hiro and Ichigo don't have any kind of practical synergy. Hiro and Zero Two are both each others only shot at being who they want to be.

I do not agree that she owes Goro a shot.
    After all, Ichigo should be respecting Hiro's decision of which way to risk his life. Even if Zero Two were the wrong way to go, it's his mistake to make.
    At the same time, desperately throwing herself at Hiro is Ichigo's mistake to make, and Goro is respecting that.

5. Reznor Administrator Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    Basically, everyone is bonkers in this show but Goro.

6. Reznor Administrator Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    Checked out the wiki for this. Alot of editors are real pissed about Ichigo

7. blakstealth Club Bangerz

8. Reznor Administrator Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    Especially considering that Zero Two more literally tried to fuck Hiro :thunk

9. Zeit Omae wa mou shindeiru

And you're glossing over the fact that Zero Two created the situation that everyone finds themselves in because her mask has been slipping, and had given very little reason to trust her beyond "yeah I'm an elite and you guys are scrubs gg". Not to mention that Hiro had multiple opportunities to explain what happened (including to people outside Ichigo) and could've used the level of trust/worship everyone has for him to actually resolve things (not that it would improve Zero Two's standing "yeah guys it's OK, yes she's a sociopathic monster who eats people's lifeforce but I've got backstory immunity so its fine").

Ichigo made a biased call, based on the knowledge that she has, but it's still the right one based on the circumstances.

I disagree, as far as we could see while Ichigo did retain feelings for Hiro she was prepared to put them aside as long as it looked like he and Zero Two could form a healthy relationship/partnership together. That kinda goes out the window tho when one side tries to strangle the other and calls them fodder to be consumed.

Except that Ichigo doesn't know what Zero Two actually is, aside from Hiro none of them think she's anything but a human with horns and a weird quirk that causes her to consume the lifeforce of her stamens, yes that's monstrous from a perspective but not full out "actually she's a humanoid klaxosaur". One of the big fucking problem with the audience for this series is they refuse to segregate their own knowledge with that of the actual characters.

Not to mention that Zero Two has shown very little interest in improving and has been plenty antagonist towards Ichigo in her own ways and has generally demonstrated zero interest in being part of the team. As has been constantly demonstrated all Zero Two is actually interested in is getting her own way, to that end she'll be charming and ethereal if she feels like it (up to ep 13), or she'll be violent and sociopathic (ep 13 and ep 14). I don't blame Ichigo for being wary and antagonist of Zero Two, and as she (Ichigo) said, she'd actually been trying to integrate Zero Two into the team and move past their mutual antagonism (which doesn't mean becoming friendly).

Because she's not obligated to return Goro's feelings? Yeah it sucks that there seemed to be something developing between them and Goro is indeed a much better fit for her than Hiro but at the end of the day people are entitled to pursue their own feelings. Goro himself knew this was coming, it probably hurt him to have to watch but bless him that guy is a saint and will probably roll with it despite the pain.

And yeah, the implication is because he's got Zero Two's blood in his system he's now incompatible with other pistils but ofc this is something only the audience and higher ups know as opposed to the team themselves.

I think that her motivations have been driven by her emotions to a degree but I think there's still plenty of rationality in them as opposed to the "Fuck Zero Two I want Hiro's dick all to myself" argument that seems to be being perpetuated online. Of course it'll probably all end in tears but like you said, she made the right call in the situation even if she was more biased towards it than would be fair.

Actually I blame Hiro more than anyone for episode 14's later shitstorm, he could easily have explained things and given his standing in the group smoothed things over to a large degree but basically chose to say nothing as usual. Gobshite.

10. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    reading comments here is more entertaining than the anime (Yeah I didnt watch the anime) :popcorn

11. Azula .

Finally caught up to all the Franxxs :cat

This anime really is bonkers. Both the main girls at their worst. :catsweat

12. Skaddix Well-Known Member

When Western Fans Attack... The Thot Patrol is coming

13. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

:leo

14. Skaddix Well-Known Member

I talking about the mess over on Twitter for the record. With Western Fans charging in to bitch about Ichigo.

15. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

are you telling me the nips are actually fine with her? :ohlord

16. Skaddix Well-Known Member

I don't know I cannot read Japanese nor do I hang on Japanese Fan Threads. All I know is Western Fans are Pissed.

17. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

fatushiti brings shame to us fat people. that fatso lost his dumb ass ho to a retarded gay edge lord...... shame :wow

19. Skaddix Well-Known Member

I know what a Chad is but does Chad refer to a particular Chad in real life.

20. Azula .

The fight for Stacy's heart

The fight for Stacy's Kokoro :hm

21. Addy itachi is everywhere!!!

22. Azula .

MItsuru and Kokoro did a complete 180 on their initial impressions.

MItsuru: possible candidate for final antagonist, hates MC and wants to one up on him every single time? Nope, just a kid whose promise was broken and is gay for MC.

Kokoro: kind innocent soft spoken girl who can look past physical appearance and loves her partner? Nope, first to know about dirty adult stuff and ditches partner for a handsome guy.

23. Sablés Well-Known Member

She didn't do a very good job of it, but for reasons explained next.

This right there, is my problem. We've seen the lengths Ichigo is ready to save Hiro, even going as far as to abandon an important mission if it meant guaranteeing her teammates' safety. That is good leadership (and her standing up for it was one of her better character moments). Here is my problem: Isn't Zero-Two supposed to be one of those teammates? Why doesn't Ichigo's guardian tendencies (mind you, she completely omitted Hiro's feelings and own opinion from the equation here because she believed he couldn't make decisions for himself) extend to her? Ichigo does not ever make a concerted effort to learn who/what Zero-Two is. Instead, Ichigo immediately relapses into the mindset that she's the enemy. Likely all part of smugblonde's keikaku.

This is actually me removing my knowledge of the series from Ichigo's own PoV. She doesn't and doesn't care to find out, because she's biased as all hell, and that is a terrible temperament for the team leader. In fact, if she wasn't the leader, I would probably be a lot more lenient.

See my post with Blackstealth. Zero Two has shown interest in improving...by becoming not-a-monster. Ichigo knows this, but once again, she stopped at a surface level and does not consider what it means for Zero-Two to have the desire to become human, or how important it is to her. Instead she goes behind Zero-Two's back without trying to see if the situation can be helped and instead, made it worse.

I wouldn't say Zero-Two was antagonist, passive-aggressive at worst, and that's mainly because Ichigo stepped up to her first. Plus, Zero-Two's mindset isn't as passive as it was before and she was vulnerable. Whether Ichigo could succeed in getting through to her at any point in the series is up for debate, and I might even argue unrealistic, but the attempt was never bloody made. There's a severe absence of impartiality here. :catpathy.

Fair enough.

Don't they know that Hiro can't pilot with any of the other members of the team? That's why he's so fixated on Zero-Two to begin with. Ichigo took away all agency from his decision.

Wouldn't have been enough of a shitstorm though. This series has some seriously bad writing, but I'd say it beats being boring. :lmao

I actually think there was rationality in Ichigo's actions, but I also think that she was never truly able to let go of her antagonism towards Zero-Two, and that played a role in giving her a very narrow-minded viewpoint.

24. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

25. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

As I said: literally anyone. Nobody aside from Ichigo has the same obsessive feelings over Hiro that led to the breakup of the squad.

After the fight was over, it was clear that Zero Two no longer wanted to harm Hiro, so "Zero Two wants to kill Hiro" is not a valid reason for kicking her out. Also, as I stated before, Zero Two saved Hiro's life (and Ichigo's) on multiple occasions.

Lol, what? You're reaching here. Hiro failed to connect with literally every partner he rode with aside from Zero Two, Ichigo included. What, you're seriously trying to tell me that Hiro may be compatible with some of the other girls in the squad aside from Zero Two and Ichigo? If this were true, then they would have tried that already back in the first few episodes when Hiro was moping about having no one to ride with. No, it's incredibly obvious that Hiro can only ride with Zero Two, at least with the knowledge Ichigo possessed at that moment.

Well, first of all, Zero Two isn't really a monster herself, as evidenced by her interactions with the team. They all should know at this point that she has human qualities as well, so Hiro becoming like Zero Two would be far preferable to Hiro being disposed of because he can't pilot. And as I said earlier, Zero Two showed no intention of killing Hiro after the fight was over.

1. They are only incompatible because Ichigo is selfish and can't stop thinking about Hiro.

2. It doesn't give Hiro any hope that he can pilot because they already tried piloting together before and failed, so Hiro knows it won't work.

3. "Spur of the moment" logic is not the type of logic you should be using when you're the leader and are making huge decisions that impact the entire team.

That doesn't counter the fact that nobody in the squad would be alive without Zero Two. Regardless of whether Hiro has to rein her in, Zero Two's contribution to the team saved all their lives.

Again, you're reaching hard here. It's been made incredibly obvious to both the viewer and the other team members that Strelizia is the strongest FranXX, so yeah, having Strelizia fight makes a huge difference.

26. Reznor Administrator Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    That's absurd. With the exception of Goro, none of them would make good leaders at all.
    Zero Two or any of the other boys would be disasters as leader, and none of the other girls have the temperment for it.

Ichigo/Goro team leading is the only really solution that they have, and they effectively do that.

27. Reznor Administrator Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    How was that obvious to them? Saving Hiro doesn't prove anything, since him dying would eliminate his use for her purposes.
    When they gave her the benefit of the doubt, she attacked all of them.

It's pretty reasonable for them to be wary.

They should still respect Hiro's decision, but his teammates apprehension is justified.

28. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

Goro is too indecisive and passive to lead. They all suck. Ichigo/Goro just sucks the least at it which isn't saying much.

29. Addy itachi is everywhere!!!

hey, if i was her, i would have ditched fatso to get that sweet alpha dick.

sadly, it was no alpha dick. it was just gay emo sasuke uchiha dick :gglife

30. Raniero 『 』

The problem is that all of that was a pretext for something way more selfish and petty, so ultimately it's an excuse. Ichigo's actions making sense for the situation means nothing when it doesn't actually match up her real intent. The last few minutes of the episode invalidated any of her actions that may have been seen as "reasonable" (which they weren't, because there's nothing reasonable about forcing Hiro to stay in his room against his will and not be allowed to see Zero-Two) earlier.