1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Darling in the FranXX

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by Lewd, Jan 3, 2018.

1. The World KATTA

no hint of her? They forshadowded her ever since Obito summoned the Zero Tails and when the backstory on the Rikudo Sennin was coming in.

this shit right here literally came from nowhere.

2. Roman Emperor

Considering Naruto is a 600+ chapter story, dropping her into the story as the end-game villain did come out of nowhere. While they did mention her existence prior to her actual appearance, that in itself wasn't any kind of foreshadowing.

3. Arcuya fast and bulbous

this episode delivered honestly, the 01 cucking memes weren't actually a dream and ludicrous space fights, this is better than the pointless mess of being a wannabe evangelion with a bad modern twist of pubertal social commentary it's been till now

in terms of 'surprise' are most of you really tryna say you thought ape were actually the good guys though, the big evil consistently suspicious and secretive looking council of overlords whose main location of operations that turned out to be in space episodes ago

and >hiro's pulse rate with 01

glorious

4. Roman Emperor

No one expected ape to be good guys. Them being the aliens was a bad plot twist tho.

5. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

I think it was funny how 01 rejected Dr CuckXX and went after Hiro :doge

6. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

Doubt anyone thought they were the good guys here (now that would have been a twist). Being part of a previously unheard evil alien race now that was a surprise.

7. Arcuya fast and bulbous

my complaint on some level is agreeing with you, because i think it's the pacing and execution of it all, which can seem synonymous to the 'surprise' of the alien plot twist, but it all unfolded in one ep and the kids were completely irrelevant and still left in the dark till the gulf of expository dialogue it's been shitting out the last two episodes, despite the show utterly revolving around them for so long

there was a line earlier in the show where it was outright implied they weren't human (ill try find it again), they were going to be a third party regardless
    if anything being aliens is the most legitimate reason why they'd want a superweapon like star entity, they already basically rule the world, would some group of evil humans who we can dismiss as cyborgs that want this superweapon for no reason going to be any better?

8. Zeta42 SHSL Witch

Now we know for sure DarliFra is getting the typical ending by Trigger: a final battle in space. Though I can't decide if 02 is Senketsu or Diana.

9. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    Show should be called Darling in the KlaXX.

10. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

No they aren't, they're the species that existed before humans on Earth and they fought they aliens before.

11. Addy itachi is everywhere!!!

12. Arcuya fast and bulbous

Also interesting point and shitty writing either way but how i think it is.
    Virm know they can't win against star entity and they also want it for themselves (they wouldn't need to plant a backup bomb if they could outright win), hime says she can pilot it alone and we know female pilots can solo pilot franxx to some extent, so i suppose we can assume a direct confrontation will end like it did all those years ago, even taking into account the current situation of the klaxx race.

We also can assume that the klaxx have no issues with humans as they're a natural part of earth and haven't done anything to them, so virm decided to infiltrate humanity to gain access to star entity without the klaxx making a big move like they did this episode (we've always seen the klaxx going for magma sources directly and not humans themselves)
    making humans immortal was a consequence of gaining complete influence over the human race to instigate the plan and to have a reason to genetically engineer new children to pilot, and the point of franxx was the only way to be able to face against the klaxx without using any of their own resources which would cause hime to react and to learn the technology that's required to eventually use star entity themselves. Then they bet everything on strelezia succeeding or hime still not noticing it was Virm.

How i'm seeing this shit at least. Either way the real issue is hime letting them, even if she thought it was just humans, doing whatever the fuck they wanted.

13. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

You seem to have put more thought into it than the actual writers :lmao

14. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

What a dumb way to try and finish off the story. I do not give one single shit about the aliens vs klaxosaurs conflict, and the only thing I really "care" about (but I use that term very loosely) is the main squad's struggle to overcome their own personal problems as well as the yoke that was placed on them by APE, and I feel like introducing aliens and having them be part of some larger conflict that ningens can't possibly comprehend just undermines all of that. If they wanted me to be invested in the aliens vs klaxosaurs bullshit, then they should have been building up that from the beginning of the story beyond just the obvious "APE overlords are bad!"

I've already seen twenty episodes, so I might as well just watch the rest of it... At least this anime still has Zero Two going for it. Zero Two at the ending of this episode once again proves that she is best girl.

15. Roman Emperor

And it honestly still feels like a horrible clusterfuck :lmao

It goes to show just how far past the line of no return this show has gone. It tried to cram key plot points all in one episode without even giving much context. Star Entity was supposed to be the culmination of Dr. Franx's research, but this is the first time we hear anything about it. This is especially inexusable when you had virtually a whole episode dedicated to his backstory, which makes it feel like the writers decided only with this episode that it's time to introduce aliens and world-ending WMDs.

You say that like Star Entity was a plot element that was introduced earlier in the story, or even at the beginning. The problem with this argument is that SE was only introduced with this episode. As I said, that's inexusable no matter how you try to spin it.

Yes, there was certainly a hidden motive behind Ape's actions toward humanity and we already knew they were trying to seize a specific location where humans could establish a stronghold. But all along, this was implied to have to do with their war against the Klaxos and you could just as well chalk it up to Ape basically being what the Patriots are in Metal Gear Solid, using and controlling humanity for something they deem to be the greater good - which in this case would be the annihilation of the Klaxos which would lead to a monopoly over magma energy - while disregarding key aspects of humanity and only acting through the sort of logic you could expect out of what is essentially AI. The exploitation of the Franx pilots was all part of that equation.

At no point prior to this episode was it ever hinted that there was some intergalactic super weapon, that aliens were the whole cause of every problem that humanity came to face or that the Klaxos were ever not the true enemy. And let's talk again about how Star Entity still doesn't make sense. It's supposed to be Dr. Franx's magnum opus. If that's true, why did we spend 3/4 of the entire show watching everyone fight just to get to it? If it was something that the humans created, it would make a lot more sense if they had possession of that super weapon from the very beginning since they were the ones that worked on it.

"What if the Klaxos stole it?"

That's your rationalization. We were never shown anything like that or even told there was anything like that there.

16. Jouninja Well-Known Member

Interesting episode, back when Klaxohime destroyed two of the APE peeps and said something about them being wannabe humans, that was a hint about their non-human origin.

Anyway, I like that this anime is still quite different from anything that's come before it. Usually when there is a cast of females, they all want the protagonist,and I really don't like harems. So it was great that this show has an equal number of males and females and thus each pair is mostly intertwined, at the most, in a love triangle, but no more. I like that the focus of the show is on true love and not just some entirely pessimistic view on love, or the tragedy of love, or some other rethread of sad love so many shows have done ad infinatum since the dawn of time. It's time for change and I hope there will be more shows like this in the future with a more positive outlook on love and romance. Am I the only human that feels this way? Am I the alien here?

Im referring to 02xHiro by the way, and to some extent, Mitsuru x Kokoro. The others are developed enough so I can't really call what they have love.

17. Araragi <b><i>loneliness is a wave</i></b>

id honestly prefer to keep the drama as a central aspect to this series and less alien mumbo jumbo :tiredpepe

18. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Idk why I was reminded of that Gargantia anime with the whole alien thing lol (even though I didn't finish the series and just read spoilers)

And I thought I was forgetting something when they mentioned Star Entity or whatever... I was so confused with all this info dump

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  19. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

Gargantia? Can't think of any similarities between the two of them.

Well, welcome to the club :lmao

20. Roman Emperor

Honestly so did I :lmao

It did cross my mind that I might've missed an episode but I wasn't surprised to find that I hadn't.

21. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Weren't the aliens or whatever they were fighting actually humans? The whole thing where other people were piloting Klaxxors reminded me of that, if I remembered the plot twist of Gargantia right :lmao Like I said, I didn't finish it so haha.

Lol welp I'm not even shocked that I'm not the only one confused :laugh There was no lead up to any of this was there.. was I not paying attention.. I mean I'm kinda just watching this to just finish it so..

22. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

Ohh, yeah that part. IIRC the aliens were originally humans that were experimented on so that they could survive in space. I was a bit confused when it comes to the klaxosaurs really. If I got everything right, the humanoid klaxosaurs were riding the non-humanoid ones or something like this. They weren't humans. But the info dump wasn't really that helpful.
    The only lead up that I remember was about the true nature of the klaxosaurs during the fight for the Gran Crevasse.

23. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Oh whoops.. welp whatever. Not exactly good to info dump stuff we needed to know early on and when the series is about to end.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

Honestly, there is a chance I am wrong about some stuff because the way they said it, wasn't so clear. But yeah, I agree.

25. CrownedEagle Knight of Erza

I watched all this show in two days, not so bad even if this anime is a huge propaganda to push the Japanese to lay kids before they forced to open their borders:skully

As always in this kind of anime the main character is dense and bland as fuck and the main heroine is glorified waifu to sell cash and make otakus touch themselve but i start to be used now:doge.

Episode 14 was hilarious, well more for the comments than the episode itself, I can’t help but be scared when I see the amount of hatred that Ichigo received while I was 100% of her side when she stopped Psycho Waifu from going to Hiro, Bitch come to your team and she paired with your childhood friend and crush, don’t talk with anyone except him, being a bitch, then try to kill him, don’t deny when you ask her and Ichigo is supossed to tell her « alright go ahead » … cause sur why not
    lets just forget that happened and lets blame ichigo as the harbinger of destruction.

Morality of this show: If you don’t want be cucked, don’t be fat or ugly, look edgy, be a dick and have pink hair and horns.:puppers

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  26. Addy itachi is everywhere!!!

is there cucking in this week's episode? :doge

27. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

29. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

I watched the preview, it seems like we will get action and 02 being best girl

30. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

Klaxohime dead? Zero Two no longer oni? :nahwegood