1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

PC/PS4/XB1 Dead or Alive 6

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Life or Treat, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Xhominid The Avaricious

I'm not covering my ears when I have listened to the news of DOA6, many depictions of it and even seen the beginning news of DOA5 to realize that you are blowing things well out of proportion.

They have done this shit before with DOA5 and it failed and they went back on it and went too deep in the other direction. All they said in this from the announcement and interview that was a day old is that they are going back on the exaggerated aspects that was in Ultimate and Last Round(which are pretty damn ridiculous).

You are going on a huge tirade of sheer information from one day ago and can very easily be cleared up. This reminds me so heavily of the Cross Tag debacle that everyone blew their stacks over before more info was even presented.
    How about wait until the 11th and maybe you would have a point.

2. Shiba D. Inu #admiralgang

:obamabury

3. MS81 Supreme Jounin

4. Life or Treat Arcade Moderator

Team Ninja remembered who pays their bills. :tupac

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Shirker Life & Hometown

Oh cool, Kasumi has her slightly less shitty original costume. Good on them.

6. Magnum Miracles Thank You, and have a nice life.

Never played a DOA game before, but this one looks really fun. And dem character models.:obamabury

7. blakstealth Club Bangerz

8. Life or Treat Arcade Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Lewd Lewd x 1
    • List
  9. Xhominid The Avaricious

Maybe I should actually try updating this myself rather than just letting it die, especially when I actually frequent a site that gets DOA news on a frequent basis...

I'll add in some gameplay videos later and if you guys really give a shit, I'll throw around more info about the coming DOA Festival and other such stuff.

10. MS81 Supreme Jounin

Man the ryu hyabusa vs hayate fights I've seen lately are lit!!!!

11. Sansa Princess.

Can they fucking delete Rigg please?
    And also, it was obvious that they wanted DoA to go into e-sports territory a long time ago.

12. Sansa Princess.

To be honest, the thing that killed DoA 5 was the fact that they were charging insane amounts for costumes. Only the core fanbase is going to buy the DLC, casuals aren't going to spend money on games and if they do it'll be like 5 or 10 dollars. Ninja was charging like 60 dollars for costumes and expecting their game not to die. Only the core fans are gonna buy the DLC because you're essentially playing dress up with waifus and casuals aren't about that.

As a fighting game, DoA's mechanics are okay, the system isn't bad and there aren't many aspects to improve on without trying to make it a carbon copy of another game. Censoring the game and making it vanilla is going to drive away its core fans and you're chancing your fanbase getting propped up by new players. If I was ninja I wouldn't censor and remove sexual aspects from DoA, I'd just make it so that playing the game isn't so reliant on holding mid combo, and not charge 60 dollars for a bunch of costumes. Nothing else is really wrong with the game.

13. Shirker Life & Hometown

Tina looks great,but she doesn't look like Tina.

She looks like a distinguished southern belle that happens to wrestle, rather than the mischievous hick she actually is. It's weird. I'm liking her and Bass's new outfits though. Reminds me of a lot of the stuff I legit see in today's wrasslin'.

Also I'm no dub hater - Quite the opposite - But man do the English voices in DoA awaken my fight or flight response. Anime-type voice acting on top of the pseudo-realistic style of DoA is horrendous and has been ever since they introduced it.

14. Life or Treat Arcade Moderator

DubE's Women's revolution caught up with Tina. Disgusting.

15. Shirker Life & Hometown

If she utters the phrase "DOA Universe" a single time I'm out.

16. Xhominid The Avaricious

I wouldn't say it killed DOA5, but it definitely didn't help people's expectations when it was costumes out the ass, no real variety outside of collanbs(just the same fetishistic wear) and making entire Season Passes dedicated to just costumes.

But honestly, most fighting games is practically heading to that same destination and it's funny looking back how much people criticize DOA for it when SFV is going the exact same way.

And gameplay videos of the latest build.

17. Life or Treat Arcade Moderator

They always have...where have you been? Or have you not been reading the interviews since?

19. Selena sono io

Nowhere near as bad as the older games though (including spinoffs), which is a good thing.

Never touched this series before, but it's got my interest now.