1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.

Death Battle & One-Minute Melee

Discussion in 'Meta-Battledome' started by Bolt Crank, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Bolt Crank Or maybe hang me upside down?

1 Boba Fett vs. Samus Aran- Winner: Samus
    2 Akuma vs. Shang Tsung- Winner: Akuma
    3 Rogue vs. Wonder Woman- Winner: Rogue
    4 Goomba vs. Koopa- Draw
    5 Haggar vs. Zangief- Winner: Zangief
    6 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Battle Royale- Winner: Leonardo
    7 Zitz vs. Leonardo- Winner: Leonardo
    8 Yoshi vs. Riptor- Winner: Yoshi
    9 Felicia vs. Taokaka- Winner: Taokaka
    10 Kratos vs. Spawn- Winner: Spawn
    11 Bomberman vs. Dig Dug- Winner: Dig Dug
    12 Vegeta vs. Shadow- Winner: Vegeta
    13 Mario vs. Sonic- Winner: Sonic
    14 Justin Bieber vs. Rebecca Black- Draw
    15 Luke Skywalker vs. Harry Potter- Winner: Luke
    16 Chun-Li vs. Mai Shiranui- Winner: Mai
    17 Starscream vs. Rainbow Dash- Winner: Rainbow Dash
    18 Master Chief vs. Doomguy- Winner: Master Chief
    19 Eggman vs. Wily- Winner: Metal Sonic
    20 Zelda vs. Peach- Winner: Peach
    21 Thor vs. Raiden- Winner: Thor
    22 Link vs. Cloud- Winner: Link
    23 Batman vs. Spider-Man- Winner: Spidey
    24 Pikachu vs. Blanka- Winner: Blanka
    25 Goku vs. Superman- Winner: Supes
    26 He-Man vs. Lion-O- Winner: He-Man
    27 Shao Kahn vs. M. Bison- Winner: Shao Kahn
    28 Ryu Hayabusa vs. Strider Hiryu- Winner: Strider Hiryu
    29 Ivy vs. Orchid- Winner: Orchid
    30 Fox vs. Bucky- Winner: Fox
    31 Terminator vs. RoboCop- Winner: RoboCop
    32 Luigi vs. Tails- Winner: Tails
    33 Pok?mon Battle Royale- Winner: Blastoise
    34 Fulgore vs. Sektor- Winner: Fulgore
    35 Godzilla vs. Gamera- Winner: Godzilla
    36 Batman vs. Captain America- Winner: Batman
    37 Tigerzord vs. Gundam Epyon- Winner: Gundam Epyon
    38 Ryu vs. Scorpion- Winner: Scorpion
    39 Deadpool vs. Deathstroke- Winner: Deadpool
    40 Kirby vs. Majin Buu- Winner: Kirby
    41 Ragna vs. Sol Badguy- Winner: Sol Badguy
    42 Gaara vs. Toph- Winner: Toph
    43 Boba Fett vs. Samus Aran (Remastered)- Winner: Samus Aran
    44 Chuck Norris vs. Segata Sanshiro- Unknown
    45 Nightmare vs. Guts- TBD

One-Minute Melees:

1. Jin Saotome vs Gambit- Winner: Jin Saotome
    2. Akuma vs Kenpachi Zaraki- Winner: Akuma
    3. Terry Bogard vs Burai Yamamoto- Winner: Burai Yamamoto
    4. Captain Falcon vs Captain Commando- Winner: Captain Falcon
    5. Batman vs Albert Wesker- Winner: Albert Wesker
    6. Kim vs Juri- Winner: Kim
    7. Zero vs Meta Knight- Winner: Zero
    8. Bowser vs Dr. Eggman- Winner: Bowser
    9. Deadpool vs Deathstroke- Winner: Deathstroke
    10. Dante vs Ragna the Bloodedge- Winner: Ragna
    11. Mewtwo vs Frieza- Winner: Frieza
    12. Sakuya Izayoi vs Dio Brando- Winner: Sakuya Izayoi
    13. Dan vs Hercule- Winner: Hercule

Both Death Battle & One Minute Melee do you agree with results, disagree with results, agree or disagree with their calculations and whatnot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. Xeogran 'I just want to protect my city."

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. shade0180 your shadow

4. Azrael Finalstar The Corrupted Shadow

Majin Buu should have punked Kirby , but that's the only result off the top of my head that i had a problem with. Usually though even if the right person wins they give the other side too much credit (Sonic would kill Mario in seconds for example it wouldn't be a drawn out fight and Giant Mario is no match for Super Sonic)

5. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

Gaara should have stomped Toph in that recent one.

6. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

Gaara V. Toph didn't pay any attention to speed calcs already developed by manga fans.
    Kenpachi would reiatsu crush Akuma
    Luke V. Potter wouldn't have lasted anywhere near as long as it should have (and Voldy vs. Vader would have been a cooler idea anyway)
    Blanka never head the feats to survive attacks as powerful as thunderbolt, just because he took a dip with eels doesn't mean he can take an attack that literally means 100,000 volts in the original japanese.

They need to do less primary research and look at what people have already done.

7. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

I just watched the Samus vs Boba Fett Remaster. They put in quite bit a of effort but it was kind of silly. Samus had her Varia suIt destroyed but beat him in her Zero Suit :lmao

8. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

They do often seem to decide which character wins in the first place and then try to showcase as many moves as possible, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if that was their thought process in Mario vs. Sonic.

9. NightmareCinema Okami

Sol vs. Ragna got the correct result but shitty research. Same goes for Supes vs. Goku.

Dunno about Kirby vs. Buu because I only know about Buu.

Master Chief vs. Doomguy should've ended the other way around.

Rogue vs. Wonder Woman should've ended with Rogue's brains splattered all over the pavement.

Overall, Death Battle doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about for the most part and shouldn't be used as the end-all-be-all regarding VS debating like certain fans of the show do.

10. Crimson Dragoon Well-Known Member

one minute melee is better because it doesn't pretend to be "factual" in terms of hypothetical vs matches and just gets down to the fights

11. Asune Witch back from the Oblivion

12. Imperator100 Active Member

Without meaning to sound elitist, I think the problem with Death Battle is that it can't decide whether it wants to appeal to casual vs. fans, in which case they shouldn't be using things like alternate continuities, one-off abilities and things that most people wouldn't know about them (essentially what One Minute Melee is doing) or if they want to appeal to those who get more in-depth in it like us and most vs. forums (in which case they should be using things like powerscaling, stop presenting characters as being far weaker hen their high-end feats show, and know not to use fallacies like NLF).

Right now they are trying to play it both ways, almost symbolically presented by their two persona. They use numbers, quantification, powerscaling...sometimes but not all the time. It seems like, to get as wide an audience as possible they are trying to appeal to casual fans by playing up the "awesome", violent, or humorous elements, while at the same time trying to appeal to more in-depth vs enthusiasts like say the OBD by using some measure of quantification, albeit in a really dumb way, and at the same trying to appeal to fans of certain genre or franchises by not having any one side consistently lose even when it would make sense (Unicron vs Galactus has been confirmed as going to happen and already many are in agreement Unicron will win because Marvel has got a high win/loss record and Transformers doesn't have a win yet to balance out it's incredibly embarrassing loss).

They could probably fix their problems by appealing to a particular demographic, if they appealing to casual more then they could stop with their pretense of trying to find a "likely winner" and focus more on just making the fight itself fun, basically becoming a "Multi-Minute Melee". If they went more in-depth they could actually use things like powerscaling and stop using fallacies as arguments. The problem is, in as niche a hobby as ours they need as much of a demographic as they can get which is why we have this ort of in-the-middle place they inhabit. A lot of people complain about the shoddy research in "Goku vs Superman" but I wouldn't. Not because I agree with them but because it's pretty obvious to me that everything they did there was an attempt to minimize fan backlash and keep their viewers. Why didn't they allow powerscaling for Goku? Because they knew people would say things like "Buu/Broly was a galaxy-buster and Goku is stronger then them!" While I doubt it was as calculative as that "Goku vs Superman" was essentially a promotional piece, putting a lot of resources in an attempt to increase viewership of an episode with a heavily requested episode while minimizing the backlash.

13. Jakers Eniram's, Bitches!

I agree with most of what Imperator is saying.

Although I prefer Death Battle more for excitement, One Minute Melee is shorter and simpler.

And I still disagree with Terminator vs Robocop's result in most aspects (hell since last year, I did nothing but make terminator vs robocop-related vids for fun as a result of that episode) along with several others lol.

14. Unlosing Ranger Reach for the stars

15. Azrael Finalstar The Corrupted Shadow

17. Merlight Creator of Worlds

Kirby should have absorbed Buu's power for forever after eating him once if you use the anime's feats. :maybe After a while, he should have overwhelmed Buu if he gets a nom on him once and he automatically gets mastery over whatever powers he's copied.

Ryu was stomping Scorpion so badly, they made up a win for Scorpion since he had no way to die. :geg
    That's not even a win for Scorpion since he had to get revived into a penguin after technically dying and weakened anyway.

They didn't use Paper Mario for Peach,Luigi, or Mario :superhiro
    The Pure Hearts empowering any one of them make them multiverse destroying level in dura and dc via fighting Super DImentio and hurting him when he was surviving the multiverses' destruction. They are puling out even sillier things out of hamerspace like Peach's sleepy sheep and Luigi's vacuum?

Goku vs Superman had some nice power scaling for Goku that was forgotten, not to mention there is SSJG Goku now...next movie coming out soo soon.
    Actually, Kaio-Ken / power level scaling would have worked better for Goku's speed.

I'm sure Batman would lose to Captain America and defeat Spiderman, but that's just my opinion of their CIS and intelligence setting up a winning scenario within random combat. The invulnerable shield wouldn't have been lost so easily, so there's another thing I disagree on.

Norris won the last fight :maybe

Skyward Sword Link with the Triforce's reality warping should be something close enough to kill Cloud, otherwise he could always turn him into a chicken and kill him as a chicken.

1MM is more original and has better death scenes though. It more fun to watch this show than debating about who'd win. :hmm

I think the mainstream listens to them more than this site though, so :oh

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  18. Crimson Dragoon Well-Known Member

tbh, you can justify either one winning because of the variable power levels of both due to in-universe reasons

19. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

People shouldn't even pay attention to them. They're trying and failing to do what we and other such communities have been doing for decades, and doing much better. The only difference is that they have a bigger audience and flashy animation skills. They're basically Raigening vs. debating itself.

20. Darth Nihilus Super Saiyan Black

Yep

21. Azrael Finalstar The Corrupted Shadow

So you think Mario can beat Sonic and Kirby can beat Majin Buu?

22. Haro Dude...photon's....

Death battle is cancer to the VS community.
    It has brought many plebs to it.

23. Tonathan100 Ultimate Supreme Being

Yes, I DO think Kirby can defeat Majin Buu. He's a lot more powerful than you think, you know. Hell, I'm writing an entire essay just to justify why Kirby should have won.
    "Death battle is cancer to the VS community.
    It has brought many plebs to it."
    1. What the hell are "plebs"? Is it the same as having "casual" being an insult among gamers?

24. Haro Dude...photon's....

Pretty much people who don't allow power scaling and love hyperbole's and NLF's.

Its usually 11-13 year old kids who think they are hot shit because they debate on youtube and think canon sonic is multiversal, Death battle kind of fucked over the VS community and brought in alot of wankers and down players.

25. NightmareCinema Okami

You're just a jabroni.

26. AgentAAA Starcraft lover

But we're also fairly certain he's going to die to star-busters and hasn't shown the power to kill Majin buu in the first place.

27. Unlosing Ranger Reach for the stars

Mario CAN beat sonic, Mario is just highly dependent on items.
    He loses in base pretty badly.

28. DestinyDestroyer Well-Known Member

29. Azrael Finalstar The Corrupted Shadow

Well certainly, but i was just assuming a straight up , prep less fight. And after all , Sonic's got items too.

30. Merlight Creator of Worlds

Actually, Mario has speed feats way greater than Sonic in SMG2 like dodging Bowser's meteors when prior, Bowser had flown next to and created meteors to hit a space ship during travel equal to Rosalina's ship which travels to another actual galaxy on screen in seconds in SMG, but these feats could be considered outliers if people want to have consistency for a toonforcey verse.

We see the ship hit on all sides which means it couldn't even dodge anything, not to mention Bowser even flying next to the ship means he should already have a comparable velocity, which Mario showed he was similarly fast by kicking Bowser's ass, that's pretty clear cut FTL to a degree of millions, something I don't think Sonic ever reached. Even so, Mario's base dc shouldn't be able to hurt base Sonic unless he has composite feats or items, according to the wiki's stats.

Likewise, Kirby with warpstar should have a significant speed edge over the different Buu incarnations with being around Metaknight's flying speed which was a percent's of relativistic so, Kirby could easily eat him if given the first chance and assimilate Buu. Using both the anime and game feats is just as confusing as using Mario's composite feats, which makes no sense when you basically pull high end feats out to represent the character for all their stats.

Kirby has inconsistent size if I remember correctly, when we see his official height and when he is next to a normal human girl, so the fit in his mouth argument shouldn't even get brought up, and the unable to suck up bosses is game mechanics afaic. It wouldn't take much time for Buu to vaporize him if given time to use an explosive attack, but I doubt he'd get the chance. The throw you into the Sun was the death blow for Buu. :cry Beautiful.