1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Death Cab for Cutie

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by Shino, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Shino

Death Cab. I dont know about you guys but i really like this band. Ive only got two cds (well theyre burned...) "Tranantlanticism", and "You can Play These Songs with Chords." i really liked these albums alot.

any other fans?

Tags:
  2. mow

*Raises hand* DCFC is one of the best indie bands around (if not THE BEST), everyone should seriously go out and buy ever cd by this wonderful band, I honestly havent heard a single song by the that got less than 4/5 in my mind.Its not just the beauty of their lyrics for the matter, but the music in itself is wonderful. I would be extrmely intrested in hearign a full lenght Instrumential EP by them. The vocals are just so grand, "Title Track" is just an incredibly clever song

eft uninspired by the crust of railroad earth that touched the lead to the pages of yout manuscript. i took my thumb off the concrete and saved up all my strength to hammer pillars for a picket fence. it wasn't quiet what it seemed: a lack of pleasantries (my able body isn't what it used to be). i must admist i was charmed by your advances: your advantage left me helplessly into you.
    talking how the group had begun to splinter and i could taste your lipstick on the filter...
    i tried my best to keep my distance from your dress but call-response overturns conviction every time. my memory cannot recall: a wave of alcohol we shared a cigarette and shaved the hours off.
    lushing with the hallway concregation, my best judgement signed its resignation.
    i rushed this. we moved too fast, and tripped into the guestroom.

i could taste your lipstick on the filter..., that has to be one of the best song lines Ive ever heard in my life, EXTREMELY sexy.

If you enjoy DCFC i reccomend checkign these following bands

The Postal Service
    Interpol
    The Shins
    Snow Patrol

3. Orihime

I only heard about Death Cab for a Cutie throught The OC. XD;;; I think one of their songs, "A Lack of Color" was in The OC Mix #2 CD. I like that song tho, but hanve't really had a chance to load up on mp3s.. :3

4. mow

You know, the ONLY thing thats good about the OC is the fact its making ppl know Iron & wine and DCFC....

Or is that a bad thing? :oh

5. ShadowZ?

Never heard of it b4

6. ninamori

Moe, it's a BAD thing. VERY VERY BAD. I've only heard a couple mp3s, but I'm planning on buying one of their CDs... very soon... along with a Beat Crusaders CD. Whee~

7. Orihime

:p It's good. XD;;; haha I love the music of The OC... :3 and that's not the only good thing about the OC. It's a matter of opinion. :p

Didn't DCFC have a Christmas song? o_O; I think someone uploaded one for me, but I forgot if it was them who sang it, or someon else.

8. mow

Orihime check your pm box for a gift from your friendly neighbour hood mod :p and I was just teasing you about the OC :amuse, it has alot of good things

Hot girls :oh

JOKING JOKING! XD

hheh Im glad I made you addicted to them Monny, and to think, The songs I sent you arent really their best. Plus I need to introudce you to Bright Eyes and Neutral Milk Hotel (BUY AEROPLANES OVER THE SEA! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW AWESOME THAT CD IS!!!)

end of music rant.

9. Orihime

*_* Thans moe :love :glomp I got it.

(offtopic)
    ... Beat Crusaders... *_* Where are you buying it and which album?

10. ninamori

Amazon, All You Can Eat. I already own APopCALYPSE NOW. (bought that one at YesAsia, but I have a $30 gift certificate for Amazon... so I shop there for now... >.> <.<

here

11. Orihime

Holy shite. I dind't even know Amazon are selling import CDs. x_x darn it.... x_x;;; i wants Beat Crusaders!! T_T

[add] Double Holy shite! that CD has Windom! *_* My favorite Beat Crusaders song :love

12. ninamori

WHAT?!?!?! I have next to no Beat Crusaders mp3s! I HATE J00!!!!

Join the J-Rock FC or die... >.> <.<

13. Orihime

14. Arty

..and you bastards totally forget the reason I clicked this thread.

Didn't know some Indie band fucks had the name of an early 70s Bonzo Dog Band Elvis-satire song.

HERE

-end music rant-

15. mow

wow, A-A that is wow! I havent heard that song in AGES!

16. Arty

moe; yeah this topic helped it pop in.
    satire at it's finest

17. roguenoir

They're one of my favorite bands. My favorite songs of theirs are:

Lowell, MA
    Movie Script Ending
    All is Full of Love
    Sound of Settling
    Photobooth
    Death of an Interior Decorator

Also check out their other band, Postal Service which plays Dance/Electronic music.

18. Kucheeky Badkuya

An Indie band. I personally didn't like them at all, but I listened to the Soul Meets Body tune, and I became obessed with them. There music is soft and influenctial to me. They are pretty good, and I will have to check out there other albums. Any Cutie fans?

19. Ephemeral

*raises hand* I didn't like Plans that much actually, but I love Transatlanticism. I'm driving down to Vancouver to see them in October.

20. Kucheeky Badkuya

Bastard :mad

You better tape or take pics of the concert, or else, uh..I'l do something.

21. mow

I have everything by the band. I love their intellegent music and their great songcrafting. Though Im slightly dissappointed by their latest effort; Plans. It's a fine, solid record with the usual great tunes by DCFC (though the songwriting is the weakest thus far by the band). The issue is that it seems they are falling comfortablly with their style and becoming less and less outgoing and challeneging leading to them being predictable. Also, another major complaint I have in regards to this record, is the fact it has no flow. Previous DCFC material was a straight shootout listen from start to finish. I find myself skipping alot of times while listening to Plans.

As I said, this is still a rather solid record, filled with great indie pop tracks. But it feels as if the band isnt quite sure what direction it should take, resulting in an off balance record. But still worthy of picking up.

My ratings for these lads:-

Something About Airplanes 4/5
    You Can Sing these Songs With Chords 4/5
    We Have The Facts And We Are Voting Yes! 4.5/5
    Forbidden Love EP 3/5
    The Photo Album 4.25/5
    Transatlanticism 4.7/5
    Plans 2.5/5 - 3/5 (depending on my mood)

22. NaRa

transatlanticism is amazing.Tiny Vessels & title and registration are my favorites

23. Sid

<3 Ben Gibbard.

Transatlanticism and The Photo Album are my favourite albums.

I like Plans, but I agree with moe's argumentation for liking it less than their previous material.

best tracks on Plans:

Marching Bands of Manhattan
    Soul Meets Body
    Summer Skin (great bass line)
    What Sara Said

24. NaRa

oh god dont get me started.I friiggan love the feel to the bassline so much..The firsttime i heard it i was just like wow.It feels like I rarely here a bass playing by itself.its just so damn sexy.I want to play bass so much more than guitar.

I loved the piano in what sar said and brothers in a hotel bed.There real good parts of certain songs i just think all together its not as powerful as their past works.

25. ninamori

I love Plans, actually.

And I'm listening to Death Cab right now. I <33333 my shirt. XD

Marching Bands of Manhattan, Crooked Teeth, I Will Follow You Into The Dark, and Someday You Will Be Loved are my favorites. =3 (from Plans, that is. <____<)

26. BakaKage

I'm a Death Cab fan too, but i thought "Plans" wasn't great. It is a produced album and you know what happens... only song i could find that had an impact was "I will follow you into the dark"

27. Miss CCV

I still have to listen to their songs from their new album, "Plans!" I've seen them live and they were awesome! I love Ben Gibbard's voice so much! I truly admire their "Transatlanticism" album too.

28. Shunsui

Death Cab is one of my favorite bands at the moment. Transatlanticism was amazing, and why I started liking them - starting with We Looked Like Giants. Plans is actually my favorite at the moment, just so many mind blowing songs. I Will Follow You into the Dark is easily one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard, and Soul Meets Body has the ability to make me upbeat no matter what, temporarily. They have such moving and poetic lyrics, Marching Bands of Manhattan is such a vivid image, and loaded with symbolism. Their depth, their lyrics, and their soothing instrumentals just puts me in a trance sometimes.

10/10. :tem

29. mow

^ This is, ladies and gents, what we call a fanboy :p.

30. o0oEnderIlleso0o

I actually have been a fan for quite some time. I think that they peaked as a group around the Photo Album. I find the new album a bit dissapointing. Seems a though they lost their "indie" sound when they signed to Atlantic.