1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Death & Naruto

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by hinata_lover, Nov 17, 2005.

1. hinata_lover

I am really new to the series but have watched all the episodes but I don't think I remember naruto ever killing anyone.

in the episode leading up to 19 with zabuza... zabuza tells kakashi that they are not true ninja because they have not had the exprience of killing somone yet and kakashi agrees that they are not ready for that kind of battle.

But if thats true I have not seen them kill anyone yet... in the recent rescue arc choiji, neji both killed thier oponents almost killing themselves in the process the sand people arrived and killed the other two... but I dont remember a single episode where naruto sakura or sauske killed an opponent.

Anyone else remember a specific incident that I may have forgot?

Tags:
  2. krescentwolf

No.... Naruto doesn't officially kill anyone...There are many people who are grumbling over the fact that there isn't enough death in Naruto (Ya sadistic people you....)

I suppose the sound four could be techically counted as killed by our friendly Sasuke-rescuing team....of course until a 'hero' dies or Naruto brutally Rasengans someone in the mouth... I don't think people will ever stop complaining about it ^_^;

3. hinata_lover

I am not complaining at all... just curious in early episodes it was treated as they will never truely be able to do higher rank missions until they can accept the idea of taking a life. I would see it as a turning point for them in character development to becoming more serious about being ninja.

I think its still way early for this to happen perhaps some kind of story arc where they are truely in a kill or be killed situation... I thought it odd that other characters in naruto have killed but our main characters still are quite immature in that aspect. Every time naruto is in a position to take a life something saves the day... although technically in raiga naruto blasted him pretty good he was pretty much dead until the little guy revived him... I guess naruto could have figured he killed him but if it was the first time he had killed someone or thought he had I would have expected a much bigger reaction considering it was his first time.

4. kunshu

raiga is filler so that doesn't count

5. Leen

Exactly, fillers dont count. Besides, Raiga committed suicide, not killed by Naruto. I am also almost sure that I have seen a similar thread somewhere. Never mind. Naruto has yet to kill a person. Maybe he wont kill at all. Maybe he'll just beat the hell out of the opponents and let others kill them.

6. TenshiOni

Yeah, so far Naruto hasn't killed anyone in the anime.

But as we all know, Gaara, Temari, Kankurou, Neji, Chouji, and Team 8 have.

7. Kahve

Naruto doesn't really believe in killing his opponents, in a sence. He stated that at some point in the Zabuza arc, that he would follow his own way and not be a "tool" and such ..

8. TimCat

Can you blame the poor bastard? I would have commited Narutocide as well had I been casted to act in these horrible filler arcs.

9. Suzumebachi

Why dont fillers count in the section about the Naruto anime?

10. Shinigami No1

Because its not part of the true and original vision of the manga author kishimoto...
    Filler have no true implications on the storyline hence they 'fill' the gaps where the manga needs time to get ahead etc etc lol That is why many people were upset about them introducing one of the mist swordsmen in a filler. If kishimoto decides to have a huge sword people reunion then that filler has screwed up the storyline for him...

Anyway back to topic Naruto did kill that lightsaber gay in a filler as well... blasted him off a cliff.

11. tripperdan99

Ok, Fillers don't count, but wasn't at the end of the hunt for that Bloodhound bug (that Naruto farted on it), that he had to blast the bee lady? That was a fatal blow I think.

It's like Bleach. Heck, you can get turned to hamburger by a million blades and not die.

td

12. kunshu

just like shingami angel said they don't count since they aren't made by kishi an if kishi didn't make it it neer happend

13. Kahve

Naruto is Naruto in any form, if a 5 year old kid dresses as Naruto, and in his heart believes he's doing the Kage Bunshin No Justu, then "he" is Naruto!

But ok, if Kishi didn't make it.. it's not Naruto.. i agree... fillers are fillers... and they always kiiiiiiinda stink..

I'm proud to say that some fillers have been of normal quality.. there.. i said it :)

14. hinata_lover

Yeah I have not read much of the manga as the only thing I get it those terrible scans... but I have to say I am loving the fillers for the sake of some of the character development and interaction that kishi does not do... i.e. hinata it is nice to see him working with other teams and spending time learing about them and thier growth... stories may suck but as a fan I am glad for fillers too.

15. Kyuubi kid

I haven't seen much character development in fillers, there wasn't much interaction in the last filler, apart from the start where they had that picnic, but thats it..

16. wingsover

Eh, fillers are fun to watch. what is not fun is having the filler teams' opinions shoved down our throats. Stupid!Naruto and Magical!Hinata are not exactly canon.

More importantly, wasn't Naruto WILLING to kill? Gaara, for example. And I think he seriously tried to kill Kabuto and it was only due Kabuto's regen medic-nin ability that he survived.

17. T2004

Geez, all these "fillers don't count" posts. But in the anime they do hold some relevance, as they may refer to filler moments. Like Sasuke thinking of Itachi AND Aoi before he fights Naruto. Fillers are part of the overall anime like it or not, and they are added for a reason ( more manga chapters and to flesh out existing elements).

Anyway, Naruto won't kill anyone at the moment. Despite al he's been through, i still can't see him killing someone without some remorse.

18. Alia_Atreides

Im beginning to think that Naruto will never kill... Hes such a good guy...

19. Chainsaw-Chimaera

I think that Naruto will eventully kill and when he does its gonna have some major effects on him. As its been pointed out he has been willing to kill, when the situation was grave enough (Sakura being held by Gaara seems to be the most used example). I think when he ends up doing the deed it'll be under the same type of circumstances, or perhaps even greater (something similar to the fight with Haku, except the conviction to go through with it after losing a friend).

20. Kaki

21. mistergin

Glad i wasn't the only one noticing this, seems to be a trend, I remember Rurouni Kenshin doing the same thing although more pronounced..

22. mistergin

Thought about the same thing, I wonder if we'll ever really see him "kill" anyone..

23. wingsover

But fillers DON'T count. That's why they're called 'fillers', as in to 'fill in the time until real stuff comes on air.' They don't really affect the storyline - the thing with Aoi didn't really influence Sasuke. It was just an add-on. He would have continued on the course he was taking with or without that episode.

24. I was thinking the exact same thing and was extremely disappointed in the way they handled that.

Naruto just walked off like..."oh, he's dead".

He didn't even give it a second thought. Now in the future is they make Naruto feel badly about his first 'kill'...it will seem kind of stupid to me.

On a side note - I really liked how Chouji said "Feel the weight of life with this blow" or something to that effect when he delivered the deathblow to his opponent in the rescue arc. It made it seem as if he realized what we was about to do...and didn't take it lightly.

25. Yes, but still - they shouldn't be trated as such. Regardless of whether or not they were part of the manga. They are now a part of the Naruto series and the writer's need to be careful about plot holes.

If the writer's disregarded that aspect completely, I think it would piss a lot of people off.

26. Terumaru

k First we're talking about death and Naruto and now we're talking about Fillers.. o_o; XD; Well I suppose being a 'true' ninja is to be able to let go of your feelings to kill another.. to go through with the mission no matter the circumstances.

27. kunshu

dude...........

of course fillers don't count

the anime team makes the fillers

not kishimoto

and if kishi doesn't make the fillers

THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLOT

28. unnamed182

First of all fillers dont count in the original naruto story but they do count in the naruto anime.Kishi doesnt have anything to do with the anime anyways besides the fact that the studio bases their story on his manga.Just because they stray from the original manga story doesnt mean its not part of the anime story.They could stop going with the manga altogether if they wanted too and create new plots for the anime.

Second of all raiga is part of the 7 swordsmen because that group was created in the anime in the first place.If u read the manga youll find nothing stating the existence of that group.kisame doesnt even mention zabuza in the manga.Sorry for going off topic.

Back on topic:I dont think naruto will actually kill anyone for a long time

29. sasuke_limays

i think kakashi,sasuke will still alive and naruto will die coz all the hokage will die at the end

30. T2004

Dude, everyone knows this, but fillers are part of the ANIME , while the manga is Kishimoto's work. So they have SOME relevance to plot, in the ANIME(this is still the anime section, is it not?). Like i mentioned before, no one has to like the filler, hell i hate them my damn self, but like it or not they are part of the Naruto "anime" universe, and only in fans' minds can they not be.