1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Death of Akatsuki maybe not the end?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Hollowized, May 31, 2007.

1. Hollowized

First I want to point out that this is not a theory, it's a speculation.

I was thinking that maybe the manga won't end with the death of Akatsuki. Some of the main characters have gotten really strong, like Sasuke and Naruto. In a rather short time frame, Sasuke defeated Oro like nothing, Naruto didn't take long to defeat Kakuzu after he came as a backup, and Shikamaru (and he isn't even a main character) defeated Hidan. Then of course some time ago, Sasori got defeated by Sakura and Chiyo, and Deidara lost to Naruto and Kakashi (well, he lost more than them at least, since they didn't loose a bodypart).

I'm by all means not saying that it will be a cakewalk to take down the rest of Akatsuki. But 3 losses of members is rather big for such a small group (4 if you count Oro). I know they recruited Tobi, but I just can't imagine them always recruiting new members as soon as someone dies.

A few of Akatsukis younger enemies that didn't pose much of a threat in part 1 are now starting to defeat Akatsuki one by one. And of course we have some other strong guys, both new and old.

• I'm guessing that at least one of team 8 will be kinda like Shika, and really give a member of Akatsuki a challenging fight (and my guess is that it will be Shino). It would still be pretty bad for Shino meeting Zetzu, since he's kind of a bug eating plant.
    • Sasuke, Suigetsu and Juugo seem all to be able to handle themselves quite well in a fight, and then there is Karin, that we don't really know too much about yet (other than she wants to fuck Sasuke).
    • Naruto has gotten a powerup and is getting closer to Sasuke level (but not quite there yet), and some of the other guys that are on the Sasukefan team are also very strong (Kakashi, Yamato, Sakura).
    • Jiraya has always posed a threat to Akatsuki members, so who knows what he's up too.

I'm saying there will be some heavy hitting on Akatsuki now, seeing how Sasuke is owning one strong dude after another without breaking a sweat until he meets Itachi. And Itachi is probably the second most dangerous member in Akatsuki.

I think it is possible that this arc may be the end of Sasukes revenge, and that the manga give Naruto a little focus after that.

And what can happen after Akatsuki?

• We haven't seen much from the other 3 big countries other than a few missing nin. What I'm saying here is that there is a possibility for a war. Naruto hasn't been in a real war yet (the attack on Konoha was to short to be an all out war). Maybe 2 or 3 of these big countries is secretly planing something, and this would of course come as a rather big surprise since they haven't really played a big part in the story (at least not yet). And if there is a war, we would probably see Sasuke and Naruto fighting together again, and the Sand would probably fight with the Leaf against the enemy. Since we know so little about the other countries, I think there is a good chance that they might have some stronger guys than Akatsuki. Mist would be a good candidate for one of the enemy countries, since they are pretty cruel and badass.
    • Sasuke might also somehow end up as the main bad guy and get some more ownage followers.
    • Return of Orochimaru.
    • Some completely new evil organization or a small very powerfull might rise up, although I don't really think that will happen :p
    • And last of all, since I've heard that Kishi wants to start on another manga, there is a large possibility that Akatsuki will be the final villains. I guess it depends on if Kishi is really getting tired of doing Naruto or not.

Personally I think it would be very cool to see a large ninja war, and is the idea that I'm most fond of. I see this as a possibility to involve the other big countries more in the manga, let Naruto get a chance to fight in a real war, and also to focus the story more on Naruto than Sasuke (since Sasuke will have solved his revenge thing by one means or another when this war would eventually happen).

Well, what are your thoughts on this matter. Does a war between the countries seem likely, is Akatsuki the end, or do you think that something completely different is going to happen? Discuss :)

Tags:
  2. orange-kun

i hope that you are so right. naruto still got so much potential, all the other countries werent shown that much etc.

3. Gallows_Pole

I dont think it will end with Naruto and co. defeating Akatsuki. Naruto wants to become hokage and I dont think defeating Akatsuki will prove that he is hokage material. Another shinobi war is most likley to happen.

4. LipLipDK

Sounds unlikely but it's a very tempting idea...
    In that way the manga can hopefully go back to the good old days, where Ninjas actualy died other than some stupid akatsuki.

5. orange-kun

well, even if naruto kills off whole akatsuki, he can't become the new hokage as long as tsunade still got that title.

6. Gallows_Pole

the shows probably ending with naruto becoming hokage, so like you said, he cant become hokage now since tsunade holds that position. the show must continue!

7. Midomaru

Somehow i doubt that Kishi will not show us how/if Naruto becomes Hokage.

8. ~ Son of SPARDA ~

I don't think the end should come until we either have a showdown between Naruto and Kyuubi or a battle between Naruto/Kyuubi and a newly "reborn" Orochimaru (wish he could've somehow been the eight tails at the time) fresh out of Sasuke's body.

9. Hollowized

If this is not the end, I think this arc is were Sasuke will shine and probably be more powerful than base Naruto. But it would seem that if Naruto will get some time after defeating Akatsuki, he could use his uber training method to train some more, and then he will most likely surpass Sasuke.

Who knows, there might even be a bloodline out there that could rival Sharingan. And I wanna see the rest of the 7 swordsmen of the mist if they are still alive.

10. Fulla

There have been 3 Hokages at the same time before.
    1st & 2nd, announcing making Sarutobi the 3rd.

The 4th was also made, whilst the 3rd was around.
    It possible to have a 5th & 6th Hokage at the same time.

However, it also possible, this was only due to there being wars going on, during the 1st/2nd's rains.

11. Shamandalie

If we didn't know/see that Kishimoto wants to finish the manga as quickly as possible, I'd say that there is no way that the Akatsuki is the final villain. But since I think Naruto will only last 1-2 more years, I don't think there will be new villains. But this means that Akatsuki needs a serious power boost / hype, because they don't really look like a serious threat now. (Oh, God, please let Itachi uberpwn Sasuke!)

But I like the p*d*p**** Orochimaru Strikes Back and the Great War idea, too.

I think the manga needs... chaos, were we can't really predict what will happen and who will die.

12. Hollowized

I think there is just one Hokage at a time. The 2nd became Hokage after the 1st. The 3rd was retired when the 4th was Hokage, so he just became a Hokage again, but was still called the 3rd Hokage since he was Hokage before. I don't think any of the Hokages had the title at the same time.

13. Shinkirou

Just kinda noticed, but Konoha is in the perfect place to get raped, I mean if everybody suddenly turned on the Leaf, they're pretty much fucked. 4 pronged attack from every side. As for the Akatsuki not being the end, I thought so too until I realized that Kishi really was tired of this manga, so I kinda doubt there'll be any more after the Akatsuki. Once Akatsukis gone, Itachi will probably have gone with them, and I doubt Kishi wants to do a what happens now thing with Sasuke. Atleast not one that lasts more than a few chapters.

14. Suigetsu1

lets not forget Kabuto is still out somewhere and we dont know what he's up to. maybe next kabuto will gather a whole country and make a war against leaf or sand.

15. Hollowized

Maybe Kishi could let his brother take over the manga instead of just finishing it in a hurry. I think it's a shame for the manga to be rushed at the end because the author got tired of it :/

I mean Akatsuki is a threat to all the countries, and they should know by now about the organization too. They are certainly not doing much about it. Maybe the other countries (besides Sand) are just hoping that the Leaf gets weaker by dealing with Akatsuki so it will be easier to attack them.

16. Loki

I'tll end around then when narutos gonna become hokage...^^

Ne' cheers *drinks cof€~*

^^

17. ok... they have to show Naruto becoming Hokage. I mean.. I can't even believe some people doubt he will become Hokage.. of course he will be Hokage and Kishi will show him as Hokage and that when it will end.

18. Hollowized

Well, I'm not doubting that Naruto will be hokage. I'm just saying that Akatsuki don't have to be the final villains :)

19. Tobirama Senju

dont know guys... unless kishi steers the story in a more meaningful way after akatsuki, naruto might get really boring... i hope tht kishi knows where to stop n hope tht he ll stop after akatsuki

21. The_nameless_warrior

It does have good potential but you need a good plot to keep people interested im sure kishi could come up with something if he wanted

22. Lelouch71

Well the Akatsuki could create a war before the final battle with AL that way Naruto could become famous before he's appointed hokage.

23. Luin

.....The baddest villain the Narutoverse will ever see.

(I hope)

24. JokerZZZ

It is the end. Kishi said Narutos half way done...now its the 2nd half.

25. spaZ

I hope that another war does happen you don't really see a huge war and stuff in a manga like this all that much, but nice speculation :D

26. Hollowized

Well, I never said the war had to be in a 3rd part although that would be nice too. But Mist, Cloud and Rock forming an alliance and declaring war against the Sand and Leaf would be awesome in my book. Of course this war would start with some kind of a surprising attack or assassinations. Naruto should go through one big war before becoming hokage, or maybe become hokage in the middle of the war ;)

27. drache

So you think you can predict what will happen right now? Don't get me wrong I think there are some predictions that can be made and there's no such thing as too much choas, but I don't think the series is stale yet.

Truthfully I want him to keep writing even if he is writing another series at the same time.

28. MangekyuuSharingan22

Well, if he gets good ideas and sane suggestions from us, and the proper motivation to continue, we may yet see more of Naruto than some people anticipate. That'd be good I think...

29. Gallows_Pole

Ending Naruto after defeating Akatsuki would be like cancel a fanfiction half-way through. There is so much more Naruto needs to go through before reaching his dreams.

30. The Fourth Hokage

I really like the idea of a war. Don't get me wrong but war seems like a good option. Shinobi build reputations through conflict...just like Yondaime and the Sannin. If we're going to see the former rookies attain such levels, war seems like the best means.