1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

Death

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by KrazyMan, Oct 21, 2006.

How do you feel about Asumas death?

1. Glad he's gone.

16.0%
  2. Wish it was someone else, but was needed.

56.7%
  3. WTF?!? No good guy should ever die.

12.0%
  4. I WANNA BE A MONGOOSE!

15.3%
  1. KrazyMan

Alrighty, most of us are most likely shocked, apauled, and for a select few, a little turned on(bad joke) about Asumas death, and as sad as I am to see him die. It's about time that some "authenticity" was put into this manga.

The good guys always need casualties, and they haven't had nearly enough. So I want to know who else you would like to/think might die.

Tags:
  2. renkor

Iruka, that way maybe Naruto will get more serious and start killing baddies w/o mercy.

3. fbx

naruto needs to die........at the end of the manga saving konoha as hokage.

sasuke needs to die........fighting naruto at the end of the manga.

sakura needs to die........ helping sasuke fight naruto at the end of the manga.

as for asuma, really did not want him to die, but his death made the manga seem more mature and not just for kids, the good guys don't always win.

4. Kinjishi

HOLY SHIT! Can anyone say full 9 tail kyubi transformation. But no way will Iruka die. Its time for him to shine. And no, Asuma should not have died.

5. Rhaella

Yay, necrophilia! Totally in character for a Kabufan, ne? Excuse me... it's 2:30am and my brain's no longer working. ^_^;;

Anyway, I'm kind of rooting for a massacre at this point... or at least, the possiblility of one. I can't see Kurenai dying, but I don't think Iruka or Kakashi are safe. Or Yamato. And I'm hoping that the genin aren't all safe, because of authenticity, as you said.

6. naruhina26

I think will be seeing more character deaths soon

I`m really rooting for

Neji- dies saving either Hinata or Lee
    Gai-dies opening all 8 gates
    Kiba-dies doing something heroic like save Naruto or Shino or Hinata
    Chouji-dies saving Shikamaru
    Sasuke-hates him just drop dead
    Sakura-same reason as sasuke
    AkatsukiOrochimaru- ofcourse they`ll die, but I would like to see some gruesome deaths for them

still thinking of others

And oh yeah I don`t think it was Asuma`s time yet but his death is a great push for the story

7. poona

I think Asuma's death was way too predictable (although it was kinda sad)...I don't think he really needed to die, but Kishi is more than likely gonna use it as a reason to get Shikamaru all fired up and start pwning Akatsukis

How is Kurenai going to react to his death...? What about Konohamaru? Is Asuma his dad or somthing?

8. Sasouke

I hope it wont happen like in alot of good animes/mangas that they kill of almost everyone in the end. Some people can die a little now and then for the story. But why Asuma :.( he was so friggin pimping cool

9. naruhina26

Shikamaru now holds a grudge and is willing to have blood on his hands for revenge (Same with Ino and Chouji I guess)

Naruto will be angry and will either train harder to complete the new jutsu to kill the akatsuki or go akatsuki hunting (but I think they will this a secret from Naruto as to not disturb his training)

Kurenai hmmm don`t know what she will do but...

10. Archtyrant

I was sad to see Asuma go, but I think I'd get angry if Kishi decided to save this one. I mean, the good guys can't always be invincible, if you know what i mean.

11. Sorrow-Tear's Champion

I wish Kishi would kill someone that has actually done something. I'm not sure there's a more boring character than Asuma. And kill Naruto. All self righteous characters should die in the end, it's karma.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
  12. martryn

I don't think Asuma got enough time to shine. He showed us like two jutsus and nothing more. I was expecting some long, drawn out fight, where Asuma kicks total ass and then dies heroically. I mean, he didn't even really go down fighting. How depressing is that?

I'd rather a really developed character die instead. Like Chouji, Neji, or Gaara, all of whom had perfect death scenes that we were cheated out of. Better Asuma than Kotetsu or Iwashi though. I'm a big fan of those guys now.

13. Svenjamin

HAHAH!! I just wanna say this is the funniest thing I have read on the forums in like a month! hahahah.. ohhh.. funneee... Maybe it's my warped sense of humour.

But more on topic. I'm glad it was Asuma... But I just hope it edges towards some more main characters in the future, perhaps not the NEAR future, but lets say in about 40 chapters or so.

14. hao_asakura

well...too bad he's dead...i actually hoping he'll survive (you know after that weak pulse)...but hey i mean come on..it's about time too see some good guys die...

too bad it had to be asuma...after all he's from the sarutobi clan and the only people from that clan that is left is konohamaru

15. rasengan569

I think it's good that he died because thats the only we will find out who the king that asuma was talking about is

16. FireCandy

I was wandering why Kishi did it to us. He hadn't kill a weak Neji or even Gaara (he could do it twice). No. Instead he had to kill one of the strongest nins of Konoha. :scry
    Now all I want to know is why he did it? Was it because Asuma don't have fandom as big as Gaara? Chouji has got smaller.
    That's for me.

17. koike88

Iruka would be a good character to die instead of Asuma, since Asuma is supposed to be thát strong, and well, Iruka's useless.

18. Chee

I was just going to ignore this, but why the hell would Sakura help Sasuke kill Naruto? You must be reading a whole different manga over there.

Hmm...Tsunade needs to die at the end or somewhere in the middle I suppose. She's diffently a goner. :nod

19. naruhina26

Don`t cry firecandy, you`re not the only one who thinks that,

but you have got to admit, his death will greatly push the story

20. Shikamaru0193

yeha he had to die, and like what one person said up there. it would be retarded if kishi spared him...

but omg, now shikas gonna frickin smoke?!

21. Kurosaki_Naruto_

bleh! why does the person that die have to be asuma?! i mean he's just so cool! i'd rather iruka die or smth :)

22. Turrin

Tsunada - needs to die
    kakashi - needs to die
    Sasuke - needs to die
    Gai - needs to die
    Jiriaya - needs to die
    Kurunia - needs to die
    Some of the starting genin - need to die

Thats all the people that need to die

23. naruhina26

Sasuke
    Sakura
    All akatsuki members
    Orochimaru and his henchmen
    Kabuto
    Neji
    Hiashi
    Chouji
    Konnohamaru and his possey

still thinking... get back at my list later-

24. CM Pope

25. cupnoodles

it'd be great if they could kill off konohamaru too.
    though honestly, i'd love it if the akatsukis fed hinata to the bijuus.

26. Big_L

i think it was boring that he couldnt put up a better fight with them he had really good stats, but he had to die i wouldnt go on reading naruto if asuma had survied. but i liked him alot as the one and only smoker in the narutoverse. RIP

27. Zeig

I think what happens should happen. Life is life, we all have to die some day.
    That is the shinobi way, as said in the show.

28. Seelas

I think Rock Lee and Gai are going to die together in a blaze of glory, both opening all 8 gates to take out Kisame.

I can also definitely see Neji dying. His whole family has a bad karma about it. I would also love to see Hinata dying to protect Naruto, but I don't think Kishimoto would pull that.

I would like to see Kakashi die at Sasuke's hands. This would definitely a) show that Sasuke has become incredibly strong and b) Put him past the point of no return. Some would say he's already there, but he hasn't killed any Konoha ninjas yet, nor has he let Orochimaru take his body. Plus, Sasuke always seemed to harbor some resentment towards Kakashi - this became clear when Sasuke flipped his lid at him when Kakashi told him not to leave the village.

Tsunade basically has to die. Naruto's going to become hokage some day, after all. And if she dies, I can realistically see Jiraiya going with her.

I don't think Sakura is going to die. The parallels between her and Tsunade are extremely obvious, and Sakura is going to reach Tsunade's level before all is said and done just as Naruto will reach Jiraiya's.

The villain's deaths are somewhat less interesting to predict, but I think that some of the Akatsuki might not end up dying after all. I've seen reasonably convincing theories that the Akatsuki Leader is controlling the rest of the Akatsuki, but whether or not that's true, I can definitely see the AL dying before all of his minions do. I get the feeling that Kakuzu at least would stop giving a shit about their plan if his leader got bumped off.

Perhaps the most interesting potential death would be Naruto himself, at the very end of the series. It would be interesting to see him give his absolute all to save the village against some seemingly insurmountable evil - perhaps the power of the Akatsuki's statue? - and die as the village's greatest hero ever in the process, with "6th hokage" inscribed on his grave.

29. Rynoa

Divine judgement awaits those who attack my main man hidan :yell azuma got what he deserved...yeah things are actually better this way now....
    everyone will now know the true meaning of fear.

yeah but in all seriousness its good that azuma died...its was for the best...:evil