1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Death

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by Hell Fire, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Hell Fire Negga Wha??<br><b>Nigga Plz!!!</b>

A kid was killed down nere my town and i was wondering what are all your theories on death. what is death , when do u die , how do u die , what hapens affter death plz

Tags:
  2. Moritsune Eobard Thawne Moderator

death is just a state of being. whenever, noone really knows when it'll happen. tons of ways, but ultimately it's the shut-down of your vital organs. you just rot in the ground. this is all my opinion, so treat it as such.

3. Sazanami つばさ

Everyone becomes equal after death. It is a stage that everyone has to go through. I do believe in rebirth of a soul in another body though.

4. martryn Dick in hand

Death is always caused by lack of oxygen to the brain. You die when this happens. Death is defined as a permanent stop to all vital life functions. After death many people believe many different things actually happen, but I believe that your spirit leaves your body and rests in a sort of limbo until the day of judgement comes around, at which time you'll be sent to heaven or hell depending on your personal outlook.

5. drunkenmaster Drunken Master

death is something everyone will have to experience. i do believe what moritsune said "its the shut-down of your vigal organs". but what happens after death? that's what you decide in this world while your alive. whether ur going to be a good person or someone thats bad.

6. kapsi Banned

What if you are blown up? What if they revive frozen mr. Disney? Will that be a ressurection?

7. martryn Dick in hand

Trivial Pursuit says death is always caused by lack of oxygen to the brain, so anything like blowing up, drowning, heart attacks, blood loss, all cause lack of oxygen to the brain.

8. Moritsune Eobard Thawne Moderator

that's true, like i said, the shut-down of vital organs, which includes the brain. great job Martryn. :thumbs

9. Hell Fire Negga Wha??<br><b>Nigga Plz!!!</b>

I always thought death was when you lose the will to live or when you lose hope after that you are as good as dead, Thanks please keep YOUR theories coming

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  10. Java378. Guest

Yeah, anyone know what happens?

I'm still trying to figur eit out.

There is Kali here.

Nirvana there.

Anubis & his brother Anuput(nickname: Anpu ) at a gateway chillin with Osiris.

God here.

Allah being a real Java378.

And who knows what else.

11. fuuki &#803

after death? i remember puzzling over this when I was younger...when you simply stop thinking/processing info...course then you can never really imagine what it's like w/out thinking cuz your'e still thinking so after all this your'e left with this weird brain high in the end.
    anyways i'd like to believe in reincarntaion (life in heaven sounds loving, relaxing and refreshing but the earth is fine w/ me)...but the agnostic side of me prevents me from fully beliving that it exists, no matter how much i want it to.

12. Heartgobbler wandering philosopher

We all hope there is some life after death, because even the idea of judgement is better than not existing at all. As someone has said: "Man is a religious animal".

13. therealultimatepower Member

You know those times when you have a dreamless sleep? You know, the ones where you just go to sleep and then wake up with no idea what happened in between? It's kinda like that when you die. You will simply cease to exist. You won't think it sucks because, well, you can't think without your brain.

14. Nybarius Ennui Bores Me

Actually, though technically correct, I think you're slightly distorting the chain of causality here. Death can be caused by a great many things, but it's defined by a lack of oxygen to the brain.

Personally I think that your consciousness completely ends after you die. This is intuitively suggested by the fact that we can shut off parts of consciousness by lesioning parts of the brain. Completely shut off the brain, completely destroy consciousness.

It could be that there's infinite recurrance, though, or an infinite number of possible worlds, in which case you'll be ressurrected infinitely. I wouldn't count on it, though.

15. Joutei no Tenshu Shinobi

Do not fear death, for it is a natural part of life. It should always be on your mind, this will improve you as a person. Death is our friend. It's either a sleep so deep we don't dream, which I would welcome warmly, or it's another journey to who knows where. Either way, accept it, and do not fear it, it's for the better.

16. NaRa Metally Retarded

i've put alot of careful consideration over death since i was 6 years old when i realised that death meant that you no longer exist physically and more inmportantly mentally.Alot of people compare heaven to a good dream.but a dream is a experience from your mind while your body has slowed down.But what happens when your brain stops completely.Death.So i concluded heaven or however you want to call it is not a mental state of mind therefore if it does exist it is a real physical(in a way)or ethereal place if you ewant to call it that.

either way i do not believe that death is not something to fear.it is simply the end of your existence in your own mind.but of course that saying "you live on through your loved ones"is somewhat true.because in there mind you still exist.somewhat like god.he doesn't exist in the physical sence but more a mental sence like you would to your mother or father if you were to pass away before them.

17. Anax Ονειροβάμων

Death: Personally I don't think anyone know anything about death, not unless they have crossed over and came back to tell the story. Your body as a system ceases to function, since a crucial instability renders it incapable of function. Then, since there is no energy keeping it collected it falls apart... other energy hungry organism feed off your carcass (you keep away dogs, cats and wolves, but you can't keep away fungi and other smaller nasty little things). In the end, your atoms are never really lost, and you, while being alive might contain some of the atoms of Einstein or your (dead or alive) cat (it's true that atoms come and go while we are alive, molecules too but it's not the same procedure). Personally, I think that you means your consience, and you have to believe it too, or you wouldn't be into this cyberspace where actuall contact with people is virtually impossible.
    Fear of Death: It could be fear of the excruciating pain various forms of death are thought to cause, fear of a bad afterlife, fear of non-existence(!) or plain fear of loosing all that which we are used and love in life...
    Death of Friends and family (and pets): This means that those people aren't with us anymore, they aren't here to share our joy and pain making it all less meaningful. Whether those people are just gone or somewhere bright on a fluffy pink smokey cloud is of no importance to us, who are still here without them. Also, the idea of reunion after our death can cause suicidal behavior which goes against our survival instict. I don't know why we are here, nor what purpose we are supposed to serve, yet if you have a survival instict that means you should value your life and cherish it.
    So far I've only lost a cat, because I refused to go against nature and sterilize her (yes not "it") resulting in her agonizing death, caused by two dead kittens in her womb, one of which the vet couldn't remove... Thinking of my cat being in a better place doesn't help relieve my ego that just wants her back here to play with me. In the end I just let go of my poor cat and never got myself another, nor plan to take any animal to live in my house ever again... again: I hate to be writing this here but I said I would... "datte bayo"

18. Chibi Chan Never Ever

I believe in the non existence theory... where when you die your mind, thoughts, soul is gone forever and the only thing that remains are your remnants and the memories that other people have of you.

Then again the whole rebirth of your soul in a new body thing seems somewhat logical since most things are a cycle.

19. Giant Enemy Crab Gamer for Life

Maybe when you die you have the choice to go to heaven or to the Naruto world?:)

20. metalanime I like Tits

Its hard to say what happens, well, actually impossible. But all I know, is Death was a really great band.

21. Danny Lilithborne 我を愛する修羅

All I know is it's pointless to be scared of death and a lot of bad things have been done by people who were so scared to die they would do anything to prevent it.

22. Hell Fire Negga Wha??<br><b>Nigga Plz!!!</b>

i think that you dont actually fear death you just fear the pain of dieing or the loss of this life or just afraid of wats next

23. Dionysus Brandy and Death

Nothing comes after death. At least, for any consciousness of the deceased. No soul escapes to the afterlife; it is not an eternal sleep.

Ceasing to exist: a bit difficult to know what that's like.

I could be wrong, and it's a wonderful eternal trip to Hedonland.

24. Asmodai FX Zero

For me death is just another part of life, the circle goes around :amuse

25. Danny Lilithborne 我を愛する修羅

It is possible for the human mind to contemplate non-existence (Buddhists call this state 'nirvana' for good reason).

26. ShinobiDante Braindead Wandererer...er

Death is the greatest thing know to man. No matter how childish you are, deep down, unless you are as ignorant as FUCK! We all know damn well death sets us free, gets us outa this flesh eating hell hole known as life, and just lets us rest divine, sides, I heard we all are going to die due to global warming no matter waht you believe or do, in 2070, and this aint some bullshit religious shit either, purely science.
    PS. Preachers for religion suck. I honestly almost beat up that FUCKIN Baptist fat ass for preaching to my illuminated soul! No one shall ever change my divine wisdom. So remember, fuck what religion and especially preachers say, and just believe what makes sense to you. Omg I just sorta preached! :( well i wasnt ignorant about it.

27. ShinobiDante Braindead Wandererer...er

wait a tic, am I the only caffeterian catholic out here? All I see are budhist, unknown, and sacregligious remarks. owell. I always thought God was an odd idea. Guess he's just of a different plain of existence

28. senisi CCT's apprentice

Death is when It's time for you to Go home....See when God created us he put us here to test to see which of us are good and which of us are bad. The bad ones are banished to the underworld but the good ones get to go up and live with god which is the way it was meant to be for thousands of years...

29. Danny Lilithborne 我を愛する修羅

Part of me wants to say this is oversimplification, but why does that sound so perfect?

30. rinka Neji's wife

death is something we don't know when will it happen (except you wanna committ suicide)..and something scary & torturing..if we done so many bad things when we're still alive, we'll die in terrible way..pehaps horror accidents, raped & killed, or maybe chopped by some crazy dudes