1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Deciphering the Code: Signs of Attraction V.1

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Kitsune101, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Kitsune101 Ladies Man?

Just a thread that both women and men (boys and girls) can share some clues to 'tell whetger he/she like you.' I have been wondering this for queit some time and it would be helpful if you ladies (in my case) would give some hints or clues on how to desipher the code of attraction. For example, in the event that a girl does [a motion that the girl does], did that action personify her liking or just something else; basically this is about what (little or big) things do girls do (physically) that show her interest. I personally am not mindful of telling, so....yea know, this will be helpful for both women and men on the forums; not just me.

Tags:
  2. The 21st Hokage The Devil Of Daybreak

Girl likes guy

On the internet.

She IM's you first
    She PM's you first
    She IM's you everytime you sign on
    She PM's you everytime you sign on
    She Puts her away message up just so she can talk to you in a PR

Off the internet:

She calls you first
    She smiles at you blatently
    She talks to you every night
    She gives you nicknames
    She wants your number
    She's into the same stuff your into
    She's digging your personality

3. Kitsune101 Ladies Man?

^wow (This post was too short)

4. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Guy likes a girl if they look at her for more than 5 seconds.

5. Sho Active Member

Well from what I've experienced, if a girl likes you then:

-She acts completely different around you than when she's with others
    -Extra eye contact than usual, extra smiles as well
    -She keeps playing around with her hair and adjusting it when around you
    -She touches you whenever possible (like a mock push if you make a joke or whatever)
    -Laughs at whatever you say even when it's unfunny
    -Crosses and uncrosses her legs constantly when she has her lap facing you
    -You keep on catching her staring at you
    -She leaves clues that she wants you to talk to her, like playing around with a bracelet, making herself seem available, etc.

If a guy likes you (and this is what my friends do or what I do if I like a girl) then:

-He acts different around the girl than around others
    -He teases the girl
    -He talks to everyone but the girl
    -Tries to touch girl whenever he can (like if he made a joke about her and gives her a mock hug, etc.)
    -Keeps on staring at the girl
    -Tries to act uninterested
    -Tries to act macho/jackass around the girl

I think it's easier to tell if a guy likes a girl than if a girl likes a guy IMO. Anyways those are my thoughts on that.

6. Kitsune101 Ladies Man?

Gee, thanxs >.<

7. XrangerX Jounin Pimp

LOL i just realized if thats true i know 2 chicks that totally like me.. They have all the symptoms like sure i have suspected it for a while now but if u bringers of the true really do speak the truth im in.. ARRGHH now i gotta choose between them awww this is where the problems start

8. Sho Active Member

^lol, alot of guys would love to have your problem. But good luck on that! :thumbs

And yeah, if she exhibits most of those signs, then she most probably likes you. Just one or two signs is not direct proof but if it's 3+ then you gotta go for it.

lol it's true though. That's what some(or most) of us guys do, just so we don't come off as "needy" which is a big turn-off.

9. Rocklee88 no.

well.. if i like a guy i pretend to ignore him :p
    im not the type that exhibits emotions or any sign. Maybe its the stuck-up factor lol XD

10. Eden Prime Tangible Mediums.

Get both of the girls around you at one time, and flirt with one of them and see what the other one does. Or just hang around both of them at once and see if they think each other is impeding their progress on getting with you. It would be a nice test, see how they act around each other when they see how flirty each one is to you. :amuse

Also, i always see guys making complete fools of themselves around the girl they like, and if the girl likes him back, she doesn't think he's an idiot. That's how you know if a relationship is sparking.:tem

11. Kitsune101 Ladies Man?

Wel, you see, the thing is, that (^) *jabs finger at above paragraph*is a way to get killed. Don't get me wrong, you may be a chick, thus having a crap load more experience, but please explain to me (dont have to) how that not a..um, erm...damn can't think of the word....but you know what i mean.

12. Eden Prime Tangible Mediums.

No, no, it'll work, you should try it sometime. There will be minimal or no death/blood. It works a lot of the time. If you're not with either one of them (by technicalities) than everything should go smoothly, and by smoothly, i mean some competition, dirty looks, ect. Minimal bitch-slapping and hair tugging.

13. Kitsune101 Ladies Man?

^nice!
    A beautiful site, indeed T.T *tears of happiness*

14. vitruvianwoman is NOT an atheist, k?

i think a good way to see if a guy likes you (maybe this works with girls too) is when you're at group events, to quietly wander off and sit by yourself... then if some guy breaks away from what he's doing to come talk to you, then it would indicate he's interested... the guys that have liked me before have tended to do this

15. Sir Whirly Duke of the Bathhouse is back.

.... I think girls like my looks but when they start talking to me, my oddness and wierd sense of humor kind of turns them off.... oh how I wish I could find a girl who I am attracted to would actually like my personality.

16. Kitsune101 Ladies Man?

^same. My sense of humor is twisted, hence I watch anime. DUH! I talk to women like I talk to 'ma boys' (lol) and I understand that is inapropriate.

17. Sorano .

When I like a guy, I tend to be really mean to them.

18. Kitsune101 Ladies Man?

^haha, I get pummled often, but I don't think its because they like me >.<

19. OtacontheOtaku ~Sex Guru~

Well, there's no clear-cut sign to a chick liking you, more or less, if she keeps talking to you she probobly likes you. If she makes it a point to continue on conversations and such, chances are she's into you. Bottom line... I wish there were more obvious signs, but guys just aren't good at picking up on ultra subtle body language like women are. Kinda unfair if you ask me.

20. mary no jutsu hungry

well whenever one of my friends like a guy they act mean to that guy and mess around with them alot. or jsut go straightup to their face and say i'm starting to like you. or they try sitting next to the guy they like.

but then theres people like me that can't handle being touched by the guy they like cause then i start blushing like crazy. and i don't really can't talk to the guy i like. or jsut have a hard time starting a conversation....

i'm hopeless.

21. Kitsune101 Ladies Man?

^Im the same way, except...um...its not a 'guy' i like....>_>...<_<

22. Eden Prime Tangible Mediums.

Well, i tend to be mean to girls that i like or attractive girls, because i know they have control over me and can get me to do a lot of things, so it's my way of saying, "You will not control me."

23. 3-D zieg heil

look its like this if you drive a nice car youll get the girls.... like this one for instance

anyone agree?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2005
  24. Rocklee88 no.

i think we will be very compatible :glomp

25. batz Appropriately vague

When I like a guy,
    I stare at him when he's not looking.
    Talk a bit louder in front of him
    Totally ignore him when he joins our group
    Laugh when he's around and casually look a him so that he does'nt know Im smiling at HIM
    And when we've become friends, tease him
    oh, and that sitting alone thing also works..I was stupid enough to let a guy do it to me once.

*hugs sho*
    I hope your right about those!

26. XrangerX Jounin Pimp

Woah i just got updated on this post and yeah if i got those 2 chicks together they would prob kill me first for doin it plus i have respect for woman so i wouldnt be as cold as to do that 2 them. Plus it would end up me being dateless and dead in the middle of the schoolyard....

27. Eden Prime Tangible Mediums.

Geez, it wouldn't be that bad, it's worked in my experience. Noone died, no one got shot, scratched, cut, thrown, tossed, kicked, hit, punched, ran over, or yelled at. They don't want to admit that they like you, so they don't come right out and say, "Get away from mah man, bitch!" they just kinda compete with each other to get your attention.

28. Tenten's missing lastname Professional Highschool Ninja

lemme think....

+Girls will prolly laugh or giggle more stupidly than normal (if they're the girly type)
    +If they're the more tomboy kind, they'll kick you and grin or say "Dork" or "Loser! haha.."

+They'll ask you about what you're wearing "Does this shirt go with these pants? Come shopping with me. Does my hair look messed up?"
    +They'll show off. Show you things that arent useful at all.
    +Touching, like playing with your hair, on your arm, or extra hugs, maybe poking.

Yeah. I'm a chick. o_o; Im pretty sure thats right.

I want to know more about the guy thing though D:<

29. Kakashi_Love inactive Banned

well, when I like a guy or have a crush on him...I usually ignore him but spy on him from a distance. Also by some mysterious power, I would also happen to be exactly where he is most of the time :laugh

30. Bleach Me d-_-b

when i like a girl...

i tell her :blink

hahaha!!! I used to be all shy and shit, but then I was like... "Hmm, why am I torchuring myself? She either likes me or she doesnt and there is only 1 way to find out!!!"

So, I ask em. If they like me, GREAT! If they dont, sad... But alot better then that unknown, unsure feeling you get when you DONT know!!

:p