1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Decisions made in Naruto Franchise purely for cash grab and their negative effects.

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Azula, Jul 13, 2018 at 11:21 AM.

1. Azula .

Section needs more activity. :pek

So now we have had enough discussions about Boruto being a cash grab, what about it's predecessor? Did Naruto took such negative turns that were done simply for cash grab and ultimately harmed the quality of the manga? :doge

Decisions that you feel were just to get more sales- Manga/Anime/Movies and not necessarily a natural flow of the story, felt forced to you etc.

Things like blatantly copying other manga/anime to pull more readers/viewers.

Question is a little different from just what is bad with Naruto. I hope I was clear.

Tags:
  2. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

1) Shippuden as a whole essentially became a cash grab as the plot gradually got more and more retarded to keep the most popular of characters in spotlight.

2) The Last Naruto movie - one of the most deceptively advertised products in this franchise just to push a bland pairing. By advertising K11, Sasuke, Kakashi and Gaara as well as claiming it would conclude the series and characters

3) Naruto's war arc transformations - this was clearly an attempt to copy DB super saiyans. Kishi ran out of ideas. Also, Minato's random ass transformations.

4) Killer Bee dude - horribly stereotypical american black, probably done because they realised how popular Naruto was amongst american blacks.

5) Pairing baiting in the anime and movies before the last.

and more.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

:scust:gglife:catfish

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

Yeah, the whole decision to drag out the final arc with filler about a year after it stopped being necessary. Last Volume came out October 2015. The anime put 38 episodes of filler in-between that and the animation of Chapter 700 and didn't finish the anime until over a year later. Not to mention all the flashbacks and reaction shots jammed in before we could get the two well animated episodes that were the final battle.

Frankly the entire anime suffered from being padded out very early on. The whole of Part 1 would be better condensed into under 50 episodes. But that would sell a hell of a lot less DVDs. Maybe if they remade it from scratch that would sell DVDs too.

5. Blu-ray Moderator

Pretty sure the only confirmed such case was the wind/zombie duo arc being rushed to bring Sasuke back, since sales were supposedly dipping. Hidan was even supposed to have extra abilities but they were scrapped.

Not a cashgrab, but Naruto suddenly becoming relevant in the Pain arc was due to people complaining that he wasn't the main character in his own manga. I'm pretty sure Gaiden exists because many fans asked for a Sasuke and Sakura story too. (Don't wish on a monkey paw kids.)

Outside of that, there's nothing I'd consider a cashgrab aside from the Boruto manga and anime. I'm willing to bet Hamura, Kaguya and the whole Otsutsuki/aliens thing was introduced for the sole purpose of facilitating a potential continuation though.

6. Raiden formerly President Goobang

I was always thought a big problem with the story is that it's defined as "Sasuke vs. Naruto." Trying to have them fight at the end led to a lot of angles that felt forced, which include: a. Sasuke suddenly having the ability to fight several kages. b. Sasuke's seemingly random interest in wanting to become kage. c. the characters randomly getting energy at the end of the war to fight each other one last time.

I think these particular plot developments were strange...not sure if I would call an extension of the series a cash grab. I think there were good intentions but horrendous executions.

7. Rifulofthewest Active Member

The entire war arc is extremely long as not to finish the manga and stop making money, it could be condensed into 20 important chapters, all the others are filled.

8. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

I think since they were making a war arc they needed to make it a big event. But to do so it needed to do more interesting things with side characters. Instead of Naruto and Gaara stealing most of the limelight during the second half of the War, give a bit more time to the likes of Sai, Hinata, Neji and Lee. Maybe force Naruto into more teamwork with the Konoha 11 during the War to show him gaining leadership qualities and that he wasn't as lonely as before. Rather than having him either hog big battles or only share them with Gaara and Bee.

9. Rifulofthewest Active Member

Yes, they should have given more prominence to the secondary characters and show how the events were developed, but it just did not happen, their actions no longer had weight in the story so they were a waste of time, they just left the environment, so that the people saw that they were not fighting just Naruto and Sasuke - even if it was so. In fact I think that the only intervention of the eleven of Konoha was Ino diverting an attack from Obito and then not doing anything else, and Negi dying for a pairing. Removing its parts would not have changed anything in the story, they were not important more, just filling.

10. Rifulofthewest Active Member

Yes, they should have given more prominence to the secondary characters and show how the events were developed, but it just did not happen, their actions no longer had weight in the story so they were a waste of time, they just left the environment, so that the people saw that they were not fighting just Naruto and Sasuke - even if it was so. In fact I think that the only intervention of the eleven of Konoha was Ino diverting an attack from Obito and then not doing anything else, and Negi dying for a pairing. Removing its parts would not have changed anything in the story, they were not important more, just filling.