1. img
    Enter in the Alley Banner Contest!
    Deadline for entries is December 15th.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Defend the Portrayal of """Sasuke"""" in the Boruto Series

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Zef, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Overhaul

Flag:
    Japan

He may be link dupe to you nf youngins but he will always be jizz dupe to us nf old timers.:smoke

2. Reboryushon

Boruto anime is on the level of the "Animal District" filler episode of Naruto.

3. Alita54

Most of the retcons you listed were a positive not a negative. Momo's design and final fight in the anime were way better than the manga or movie. None of those people had characters assassinations. Hell sasuke got a character improvement in Boruto. Kishi already ruined in him in FKS and the subsequent war arc. You just blindly defend his character at the end of shippuden cause you are a sasuke/kishimoto fanboy. And you act like there wasn't bullshit writing going on at the end of shippuden. Never said the anime didn't have some bad arcs cause it does.

It's one of the most viewed/watched animes in Japan last I heard. The manga has issues in sales but so does kishi's new manga samurai 8 but I bet you wouldn't call him a horrible writer cause of that now would you. :maybe

Says the butthurt fanboys that gives me negs and downvotes every time I criticize the war arc. :skully

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Coolest Guy! Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  4. Alita54

I'll take the "fillers" in the boruto anime anyday over the fillers in shippuden. It's a laughable comparison.

5. Alita54

Kishi already assassinated his character in FKS. If anything his character improved in Boruto. :diout

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Corvida

Flag:
    Spain
    I´ve seen things, too

7. Zensuki

Catdank Faction:

A retcon inherently shows poor writing and planning. The fact that you try to spin it as good is just straight embarrassing :dead

This is not the retcon in question: Momo's death.

Ao - was always portrayed as good, came back alive evil for no explained reason before dying again. Literal character assassination :dumbpepe
    Sarada - was a secondary main character in Kishi's writing, is now relegated to window dressing and forced away from her father
    Sasuke - forced away from his family due to mission retcon, forced away from his daughter as it would piss on Boruto, and somehow forgets most of his powers

No Sasuke fan worth their salt thinks Boruto has a better representation of Sasuke. You ain't a Sasuke fan, just a Boruto poser :diout

:kobeha :mjlol :hestonpls

Stop with the lies.

Boruto had all time low TV ratings for the series before it got kicked out of the slot.
    The anime has done jack shit to the manga, while most popular anime boost their respective manga at some point.

8. Reboryushon

Fillers are bad overall and hurt the pacing of any show, get that inside your head fillerlita.

9. Alita54

Do you mean momo actually dying or him still likely being alive inside of boruto's karma? Don't see the issue with either one.

You wanna tell me what was so great about good Ao? He didn't do anything really other than nearly die twice. He didn't even have a proper fight in the FKS. At least bad guy Ao got a fight and looked good with that big ass gun.

She has gotten more action in the anime than sakura has over all of shippuden. Heck you could argue part 1 too. The anime is canon.

Still better than the sasuke from FKS and the subsequent war. Both versions of which I hated. Boruto sasuke I actually like at times which amazes since I never thought I could like him again after how badly he was written.

Fixed for accuracy. And your right which is not surprising since they got terrible taste. :kermit

Never said I was. But I don't hate sasuke now as opposed to before. He has definitely improved.

10. NearlyEnough

Wow. You have the reading comprehension of a 3 yo kid, there’s no point in debunking your posts because everything you write is so retarded that is laughable... you’re like a kid that doesn’t understand something and says that it’s trash just because of that, in fact, you’re worse than that. You’re the kind of person that prefer Pepsi over Coca-cola, in this case, trash over good writing.

11. Alita54

You are aware than not all fillers are inherently bad correct? It depends on how they are written. I wouldn't even call arcs like the genin exams, the sumire arc, and the mist village arc fillers for example since they tie in/connect directly to the manga. The manga is monthly and only 40 chapters out so far so fillers are inevitable anyway.

• List
  12. Alita54

Says the butthurt fanboy that had to block me cause he couldn't debate me. :skully

If you like late shippuden sasuke your the one who likes and defends trash not me.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • List
  13. NearlyEnough

“Blah, blah, blah, I’m not smart enough to understand the manga so I’ll say that it’s trash”

14. Alita54

I never said the entire Naruto manga was trash. Your just getting emotional and exaggerating like you usually when you get into a debate with someone who disagrees with you.

• List
  15. NearlyEnough

Everything you said is laughable, there’s no need to get into a debate with you, just like there’s no need to debate about whether the water is wet or not.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  16. Alita54

Then why even unblock and respond to me then? :maybe

17. Animeblue

@Zef @fuff @123fire @Zensuki @NearlyEnough @Corvida it's not writing that you guys have problem it's how the episode director of #134,Toshiaki Kamihara[神原敏昭] decided to handle the material(Sasuke sacrifice himself against Urashiki, so that Boruto and co can get away) that he was given under the tight production schedule. if Kamihara had some more time and somebody like Tsutomu Ohshiro doing the action cuts. Toshiaki Kamihara[神原敏昭] would have instructed Atsushi Wakabayashi[若林厚史] to storyboard something more complex for #134.

BTW

when Atsushi Wakabayashi[若林厚史] is just storyboarding he don't like to cause trouble for staff of the episode in question. So he usual do what he is instructed to by the episode director.

Episode Director are centrally an mini director which means they have more of creative control over the outcome of the episode which they are handling

Studio Pierrot did not handle BORUTO#134, #134 was handle by Studio Jiwoo and directed by Toshiaki Kamihara[神原敏昭]. In matter in fact BORUTO#135 will be the first episode by Studio Pierrot in this arc.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Kage Kage x 1
    • List
  18. Zensuki

Catdank Faction:

Its definitely the writing though. We're not talking about animation or panelling.

Having a genin fight a god tier is laughable. Having Sasuke fight like that is a joke.

You see Sasuke vs Kinshiki. Thats the level Sasuke should be fighting at (not talking about animation).

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Zensuki

Catdank Faction:

This is fucking pathetic. That article references 123fire's twitter account :kobeha

The Tv Toyko report includes revenue from Naruto videogames, this has been said a hundred times whenever a sad Bort fan links it to prove the anime is popular.

Meanwhile the actual anime performance:
    - all time low TV ratings
    - kicked out of the timeslot
    - no manga boost
    - kicked out of Toonami

:kobeha :kobeha :kobeha

• Winner Winner x 4
    • List
  20. WorldsStrongest

Flag:
    Canada

Why are people still arguing about this :mjlol

Boruto fans...Youre fans of an objectively worse series than its predecessor...Be honest with yourselves, accept it, and move on.

Youre following a shit series, which is entirely youre right, you are ALLOWED to like shit...But what you cant do, is quite literally shit in a pan and hand it to me or anyone else with standards and claim its brownies :camby

Just like youre allowed to follow and enjoy shit, we can detest and loathe shit.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  21. Azula

I log back in and I am 11k points poorer for this. :catmarc

I am just defending Sarada's right to have a normal childhood. :catghost

You don't understand. :smartgoku

It's not that she doesn't like doing normal kid stuff, she resents that Sasuke wasn't there all her childhood when she was younger and just doing it one time now wouldn't make up for it all that missed time.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    • List
  22. Zef

No, its the writing.
    :borwuto

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  23. Milady

Flag:
    United States
    Catdank Faction:

Random, but, why do you need 3 sets of quotation marks? :fatcat

Sasuke is reduced to """baby sitting""" Boruto these days. Sigh.

24. Zef

As usual the apologists have no defense for the bad writing in the Boruto sequel besides showing their utter disdain for the OG series and its cast.
    :ryuukobored
    Because Sasuke was last seen in chapter 699

IDK who the person that claims to be him is in Boruto.
    :kanyeshrug

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  25. Alita54

This coming from the guy that always gives me negs and downvotes cause he can never debate me? :mjlol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  26. Zef

Anyone that unironically likes the anime is too far gone and not worth debating.
    :borwuto

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  27. Milady

Flag:
    United States
    Catdank Faction:

Obviously "'"filler sasuke""" :tearspepe

28. NearlyEnough

I don’t understand why most Boruto stans hate Naruto so much... like, Boruto wouldn’t even exist without Naruto. Stop biting the hand that feeds you

• Agree Agree x 5
    • List
  29. Alita54

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  30. Azula

But nobody hates Naruto...? :confusedny

You incorrectly assume that those who read/watch Boruto are somehow a different category than Naruto fans.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List