1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Deku was born with a quirk, but it was STOLEN?!

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Bookworm, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Bookworm Well-Known Member

Didn't watch the video because it looked stupid but yea I've read theories about him having a quirk and maybe it was stolen by AFO or even weirder ideas how Deku's Mom genetically took it out or even that it has to do with his Father taking it away from his son for either nefarious or protective reasons

I do enjoy the REALLY farfetched ideas like Deku does have a Quirk but his quirk is to bring people together or he is attractable/charismatic aka Naruto Talk-No-Jutsu or even that is quirk is basically like a Fallout stat 10/10 LUCK so he always wins in the end due to a Quirk that you can't see/hear/smell type of deal. It is a very "thought" kind of quirk

Either way I enjoy reading all types of shit like that

3. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Its a popular enough theory, I'm willing to believe it if they decide to go down that route. AFO has forcible quirk activation, even if someone seems quirkless he can see what quirk they have. Also the pinky toe theory seems to be bullshit, its more correlation then causation, its not set in stone.

4. Superman Well-Known Member

5. Indra I can't stop eating

6. Ignition Revolving Vaudaville

I prefer if he was born quirkless, but who knows, in a way this theory could work.
    My problem with it is that it sounds too much like Naruto, a talentless nobody that isn't quite a talentless nobody after all. Deku is supposedly representing those that were born without powers.

7. Kor Well-Known Member

I hate those videos and the clickbait titles.

It’s the equilavent of those shitty Nationals Enquirer magazines you see in the impulse spots of supermarkets.

8. luffy no haki 1st seat

I hope not cuz that shit usually ends up being something awesone that turns MC into the new messiah, a path that nowadays I truly loathe

9. Expelsword RPG Lover

It wouldn't really be the same as Naruto, because the story has never been about how Deku "came from nothing", and he isn't trying to prove anyone wrong (because nobody mocks him except Bakugo).

Deku really did want to be a hero, he had all the right personal qualities, and was repeatedly shown putting in tons of work both before and after getting his quirk, so he really does deserve to be a hero.

Naruto is just an idiot.

10. ~VK~ The King

Lol what tons of work before? The only time he started putting in ANY work was when the #1 hero promised him a quirk lmao.

11. Tayimus Number One

Pfft. I was about to ask the same thing, but then I saw your username while scrolling down, and I was like "Oh, never mind, VK surely addressed it." :trinny

I mean, from a certain point of view, "research" could be counted as "work," but still...

12. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

That was thrown out chapter 1, he can't really represent quirkless people when he has a quirk, natural or otherwise.

13. ~VK~ The King

I mean tbh his whole taking notes of heroes he liked thing back then always came across more as a hobby than actual preparation he did for his future hero career.

And either way i wouldn't even classify that as the bare minimum.

14. Expelsword RPG Lover

Physically he didn't put in any work, of course.

15. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

While it is true that he got All Might's power, it's not as if it was just handed to him on a silver platter. It was because of WHO he was that made it possible. It's not like All Might gave it to him just because he felt bad for Deku, he genuinely saw a person worthy of being a hero based on their personality and actions. That's what made it special, because it's about Deku's heart, not his talent.

16. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Deku having a quirk doesn't change the discrimination and struggle he went through, having it stolen only makes All For One a more nefarious villain. Of course its a plot line that I don't know where they could go with, if its just sorta hanging around then what ever, but I don't know what they would do with telling us Deku had a stolen quirk, I'd rather it just be implied if there is nothing amazing around the corner for it.

17. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

>inb4 those phantoms at the Sports Festival vs mind control boy were actually prophesicers like Madam Web(SpiderMan) and are what gave AM his "hunch" to pick Deku in the first place and Deku is the boy destined to be greater than all those who came before him

OMG the shitstorm it would cause lol
    i could see people dropping manga if that happened

18. TheOmega Real Nigga

Can't compare Deku to Naruto, he's actually the Captain America of his story lol