1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Deku's eventual powerscaling

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by itsxtray, Nov 20, 2018.

1. itsxtray Well-Known Member

How far above his peers should Deku realistically be when he masters %100 ofa and will it make sense for people like bakugo and todoroki to be near him in power?

All might was so far ahead of everyone it was ridiculous to the point that people didn't even try to surpass him and the only guy who tried realized it was impossible, and the nature of ofa means Deku will be even stronger

Now, at USJ, all might was moving so fast that people couldn't even see or react to him. The only one who could was the nomu and this was an all might who had already gone past his 3 hour limit for the day. What's stopping prime Deku or even the Deku who reaches what all mights 100% was at his 80% or whatever from blitzing every opponent before they can even react?

I don't see how Todoroki or Bakugo or anyone bar afo could have reactions or speed on par with a prime 80-100% ofa user it would make no sense, it'd be like trying to fight the flash when you only have peak human reaction speeds.

Tags:
  2. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

We already know he is going to be the "greatest"/"strongest" Hero so by that fact he will be #1 like AM and be superior to all his peers. By how much is anyone's guess but one way to counteract this is simply for the author to never let him show 100% mastery. Now that isn't to say he will never get 100% mastery BUT that means he will never show it. The percentages are a pretty big fuckin huge gap in power. I'm only at 8% but from 5 to 8 was quite a different in speed and reaction time. IDK what he was when he fought Mirio in the anime. Say 10% or so but either way 20% is DOUBLE that speed and reaction. Or it's exponential.....idk I'm not good at math but you get what I'm saying. There IS a noticeable difference per percentages.

So, and I'm just making shit out my ass, for example let us say this manga does a Naruto and goes into 2 parts. So Deku masters 25% in Part 1 then a timeskip happens and next thing we know he is a Senior at USJ or he is just graduating. He feels his power is greater but in all those years only still was able to master 30%. Through the course of Part 2 he goes to Master 70% and is SHOWN using 70%. This is how Todo and Baku and even the villains can keep up with him. When he goes Plus Ultra his "power" will be 100% or 110% of AM's prime but generally speaking his battle power is still 70% for the duration of the fight.

Now what the author can do then is we get an epilogue where he is the badass MFer we know he is going to be and Deku will state explicitly that in the years that followed his win over the LoV (or whoever the FV is) that his mastery went from 70% to 100% and that he dropped crime in Japan or across all the whole world to 1% thereby solidifying that he is stronger than prime AM and also got better results than Prime AM so there won't be this whole debate if Prime AM was actually stronger than Prime Deku. We will know he kicked everyone's ass only using 70% so in our heads we will know nobody can even fuk with Deku at full 100%.

I feel this or something similar is what is going to happen. We haven't seen Prime AM yet because his strength is just too much to comprehend or realistically capture so the same will happen with Deku. We will never see the 100% mastery because that is just too much for anybody to handle.

3. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Sure, Deku is going to have a big leg up on all other heroes of his generation, but I think the hero biz is set to take a different direction following the age of All Might and the dependence on one hero as protector of the populace. Deku is going to be more involved with a team of his peers (which is why we're seeing all of this team training going on among the students) and it's going to be all about shared effort rather than the guy with the most power carrying it all on his back.

4. Indra I can't stop eating

However I don't doubt that Deku will get his shining 'Number one hero' moment that sets him apart from his team mates/peers. Despite the fact that Hori will most likely showcase that team work is important going forward. When/If Deku eclipses them greatly.

There will definitely be some who work with Deku better and provide better support/aid, which is why I fear at some point, the character gap will increase far beyond 'Deku v. Others'. And more borderline to 'Quirk potential vs. Portrayal'.

Which is why I can see someone like Bakugou helping Deku fight a strong villain in the future, in comparison to Ojiro for example. At some point these characters will have to fade into the background somewhat, because we can't have every D-list hero candidate be a star.

5. WorldsStrongest Padoru

Canada
    Imho anyone being within a stones throw of Deku by EoS will not make sense. And will border on bad writing if you ask me.

One For All is not meant to have ANY competition...Because it hasnt for several generations of it and it only gets stronger as time passes with Deku being its strongest ever and current wielder.

Deku having "peers" regarding his 100% OFA power when he fully masters it is a fantasy with everything we know about BnHA verse right now. Even Todoroki or Bakugou keeping up with him would make no sense. How? Refer to Endeavor and All Mights relationship...Only its like 10x worse for Todoroki and Bakugou.

Basically if Hori is planning on the whole "teamwork" or "nakama" or "strongest hero and best rescue hero" dynamic to be established for the end of Dekus journey rather than "All Might 2.0"...Hori has his fucking work cut out for him to make it believable for Bakugou or Todoroki to stay relevant. Let alone anyone else...Like Iida or Uraraka.

6. itsxtray Well-Known Member

Interesting take, I feel like the whole point of Deku's journey when it comes to his power is to see him master %100. Never seeing him fight with it seems like it'd be a missed opportunity.

7. itsxtray Well-Known Member

This is my concern, ofa has the potential to break the story. An all might who had already given the power away and went past his 3 hour limit was faster than Bakugo could even react to (and we know he has insane reaction speed for someone without a stat booster quirk) If Horokoshi isn't careful he'll write himself into a corner and have to arbitrarily nerf Deku in all his fights so he isn't just blitzing and one shotting people. Then people like me will come on here and ask why didn't Deku just blitz so and so and people will try to defend it and ughhhh... Let's hope this doesn't happen.

8. Milliardo G.L.P.

I agree logically no one should be able to match Izuku in the end but it seems like Bakugou will rival him for a while. If Bakugou can match end game Deku then honestly that won't make sense to me and really makes Bakugou look better even if he just barely lost to him in a fight. OFA is basically hyped up to be like one of if not the best power in the story. Maybe I'm reading too much into the hype but thats what I'm getting. If Hori does try to change it up and say other powers can rival it or even stay near the ballpark then yeah writing is definitely going to have to pick it up.

I how view the top three is basically Deku is obviously Naruto most powerful, Bakugou as Sasuke being the rival, and Todoroki is more like I would say a Gaara. Shoto will be strong in his own right but probably not in their league still within the top rankings though of course among heroes. If he does better even counting villains cool but I just don't know.

I'm wondering how close Bakugou will be to Deku in the end because if he is like Sasuke (in power) rivaling Deku all the way to the end then it really will seem strange. I feel almost like he will have to get another power even for it to make sense or something. Hori definitely has his work cut out for him.

9. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

I think he’ll maybe be the best balanced hero but he won’t be the best in every attribute.

He’ll definitely be stronger than EOS Iida but he might not be faster (Since Iida’s speed with Recipro Turbo is already getting compared to Gran Torino and he’ll only get faster and have greater control as he cuts his mufflers and regrows them again and again).

If Tokoyami can condense Night Time Dark Shadow and use its power while maintaining control he could be beastly and rival a pretty high percentage of Deku’s power I think. Especially if he can use amped versions of Black Ankh and Black Fallen Angel. Deku will probably be able to fly at some point but I don’t think he’ll be able to maneuver mid-air as well as EOS Black Fallen Angel Tokoyami

10. Tayimus Number One

Iida is as fast or faster than old Torino. Prime Torino was likely much faster, and All Might (not even in his prime) was probably even faster.

11. Jujubatman12 Well-Known Member

Grand Tarino was slapping AM around and it says that Quirk are getting stronger over time. So maybe Bakugou can keep up or be 5-10% weaker.

12. Jujubatman12 Well-Known Member

Is that why Grand Tarino manhandled AFO AM?

13. Sunrider Angry Negro

Short answer: He'll be miles ahead of everyone when finally masters OFA; and I'm betting we'll see full mastery before he graduates.

The thing about OFA is that it's power is cumulative--it gets stronger with each successor, seemingly without regard to whether that successor had their own quirk or not. And so far, it seems All Might was far and away the most powerful hero in Japan (if not the entire world). It sounds like the only person that was a real threat to him was AFO... and what Deku received from Al Might is set to be even greater.

As for his peers... I think comparing power rankings as a means of understanding story progression will only set up for disappointment; Todoroki's arc is about becoming a better person than his father, Bakugo's arc is about understanding what makes his idol (All Might) beloved and figuring out how to become that, in addition to eventually coming terms with the fact that Deku is going to be indisputably superior (the way Vegeta had to come to terms with being second to Goku).

We already know Deku's going to be the greatest hero, that's not in question, the fact everyone else won't compare isn't in question. What we're all here to see is what Deku and company do along the way.

14. Pliskin Well-Known Member

I think peak Deku will be number 2-3 material, before Mirio inherits the quirk and ushers in an age without villainy left.

15. HekonoHero Member

Lol bringing up Todoroki. If anything Hori has to prove what makes him match Deku and Bakugou now at this point since he way behind them in being stronger than them with their quirk.

16. Tayimus Number One

Small fact check. What was said in almost ALL the translations is "a great/top hero," not necessarily the "greatest" . I should know, I had this thrown in my face when I said it. :trinny

17. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

I've seen it translated both ways--and I think I was involved in that past discussion. I actually found another reference translated in the manga via Viz in which Deku refers to himself as the greatest, but I don't recall the chapter (and don't have the patience to go digging for it atm). As I see it All Might was top dog with an unequalled quirk that was projected to only get stronger when passed on, so either way Izuku is destined to take that greatest hero spot.