1. The NF Anime Awards for 2017 are out! Go check them out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Depth of Eternity

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by WorkingMoogle, May 5, 2017.

1. WorkingMoogle Well-Known Member

Eternity was very much a living world. She had lived for many, many years and had gone through many changes. The creatures that lived upon her had as well. They grew; they built cities and nations. They waged wars upon her surface, and from time to time they fell back into ruin before starting their cycle anew.

And over time she consumed these ruins, providing fresh places to settle and new territories to explore. But it was not always fated that these ruins would vanish forever. Some she kept, merely hidden, buried beneath the surface for those brave enough to venture forward. Their secrets and knowledge held safe waiting new owners. Once brave enough to venture into the depths of Eternity.

The ship ride was rough. Those that had traveled the seas before would note that the inner seas were much choppier and a rougher voyage for all. The crew as well seemed keenly aware, moods and tempers were short and morale seemed on the point of breaking the entire voyage. But mood and rough waters aside the voyage was uneventful and on the morning of the third day Silverkeep came into view.

By the standards of cities it wasn't much to look it. Barely more than a village though surrounded by a solid wooden wall. The docks were sparse, only a handful of ships present, none looking like they were planning on staying beyond the few days needed to load and unload.

The mood improved dramatically once the ship was moored and the gangplanks were locked into position. Once on steady ground again Master Griffith called the group together briefly.

"You're free for the rest of the day," his voice was slightly gruff and seemed weathered by more age than his face suggests. "I've secured rooms at the Embarrassed Lute, I'd suggest you find them early because I plan to leave at dawn."

He points towards the edge of town, "'The Temple,' it is simply called, will be our first destination. It is a tradition for new residents of Silverkeep to visit there first. Beyond that it will be a chance to make sure we have everything we need. I'm not here to play wet nurse to you, I expect you to be out front, sober, and ready to go at sunrise tomorrow."

Indicating a man in his mid-twenties he continued, "Josh, see to the wagons and our gear. Make everything ready for the morning." Without pause he turns to a young woman, barely into her teens, "Remington, make sure the animals get settled then you are free to go about your business as well."

With no further ado the man heads off towards the city, or what passes for it.

It is currently just after the noon hour. Despite it's small size the city seems bustling as much as a much larger city would be. At the docks, sailors rush about, merchants haggle over voyage details, and new arrivals take their first look at the city. The air is hot and despite being at the water's edge there is a distinct dryness in the wind. Perhaps most unusual the shadows are almost non-existant, the Sun hanging almost directly overhead.

Josh and Remington set about their assigned tasks, other passengers begin collecting their things and filtering into the city.

Tags:
  2. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

Wordlessly, the half-elf adjusts her backpack, flicking her head to her dog, indicating to leave. Dark circles surround her violet eyes as her hair falls in front of and around her face, hiding her ears in her dark locks. She walks with a slouched posture, both for an intimidation factor, and a response to blend in. Her face sits at an expression of 'couldn't care less' while her happy guard dog wags happily next to her.

“Z. Lets go.”
    Blythe's words are rough and emotionless. Z sneezes as if paying close attention to her words, pacing her stride, chain collar jingling with each bounce.

'You should stay with them.'

'No.'

'Why not?'

'They are not worth our time.'

'You are forced to travel with them. You should probably stay around.'

'I am going to the inn, that is it. If they speak to me, then so be it.'

'Don't make me take control of this body.'

'You would not.'

'I would, and I will.'

Blythe grunts outwardly, almost in annoyance, rubbing her palm against her eye and brow. Z stops, sits and tilts his head at her, still wagging happily. “I am heading within, now.” She glances around, snapping for Z to follow again before striding away.

3. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

Elys stands slightly stiff trying to show full attention as Master Griffith gives his instructions. Old habits are hard to forget.

'I'm not here to play wet nurse to you'

Her hands twitch back into fists. Elys silently nods to Master Griffith and adjusts her ponytail, checks her armor and gear for the seventh time since they landed. Once he leaves and no further orders are given by him, Elys takes a deep breath and regards her surroundings, as well as the others.

She sees the half-elf striding away.

"Uh... hey... uhm, Blythe, right?" she hurries to her side with a jog. "Glad the boat trip is over, huh! You getting to the inn early? I might get a nap myself. Hard to sleep with the ship moving like that, right??"

4. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

She shrugs, "It was a normality, the absolute least of my worries." Z bounces in his walk, tail held proudly high. "What must you bring to this pathfinding team?" Still cold with her emotions, Blythe doesn't make eye contact with the human, keeping her vision forward toward the path.

5. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

"Ah, well... I guess a huge blade and my archery skill"
    Elys points at her greatsword and bow strapped on her back. "Your dog looks nice too, very lively. That's good. Is he combat trained?, or is he a hunting dog?"

6. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

"Oh" Elys blinks at the realization. "That's... actually a great idea. We wouldn't want to go to sleep and wake up to find like, 7 ogres surrounding us!" she jokes laughing nervously, grows quiet and then clears her throat. "Ehem...Yeah... that will be very helpful"

"Sorry, just a little nervous... tomorrow will be a big day"

8. Vergil Busy procrastinating

Kagami bounded off the ship but skidded to a halt as the Master whats-his-pus started talking in a language she didn't understand. She watched intently at his hand movements and copied them, then repeated them. She knew Trade and Gnomish and she didn't the translator person so didn't listen to him.

They were all tall gnomes. Mostly. She'd never seen so many of the big freaks in her life. She saw pictures of them. They were tall. Everything was BiG. SO BIG!!

The old guy stopped talking and the younger girl started to look at the animals and some other guy went for everyone's stuff. She looked around to see if anyone was alarmed by this. The tall ones didn't care - maybe he was some sort of servant guy.

"I want one!!" she yelled out in gnomish and pointed to him. She stomped over.

"You come with me and carry stuff for me!" She said in crude Trade to the one called Josh

9. P-X 12 State Alchemist

Eren walked in a slight stupor as he slowly made his way out of the boat and into the city. "Finally." As he looked behind him towards the vast sea he had just traversed, his face filled with mirth. He truly hated sailing; the waters were always terrible, the days seemed to last twice as long as on land, and he grew a strange hatred towards the beasts of the sea he had been forced to consume (except for crab; that was fine). As many times as he had to travel due to his vocation, he had always reviled any journey that required him to cross the sea.

As his feet touched ground, he stretched his arms as his energy and perkiness finally started to return. He was far more suited to traversing land at any rate.

As the old man Griffith began barking orders, Eren looked through his things to make sure he hadn't forgot anything, hearing about the plan to go to the Temple before anything else. "Nope. Nothing left behind this time."

As Eren began to stroll around the streets, he looked around to see the many merchants and other citizens around him, some looking at him due to his rather giant size. "Huh. Wonder if I have enough money to buy a little souvenir. Or maybe some good food for once. Actually, there's probably both of those at wherever this temple is." As he walked towards the other members of this group lost in thought, he bumped into a small gnome talking to one of Griffith's men. He looked down towards the smaller woman. "Oh, er, sorry 'bout that. You okay?" He only noticed just how short she was in comparison to him once he got close. "Huh. Forgot how short some of the others were. I'm starting to feel a bit out of place right now."

10. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Josh looks up distracted from his work and spends a moment processing, obviously translating in his head. He responds in a broken trade tongue, "Master Griffith is having me take things to the Inn. You can sleep there. We meet outside in morning."

11. Daenerys Stormborn Mother of Dragons Retired Staff

Zahra stepped down off the gangplank, grateful to be back on solid ground. She'd been on ships before, but never on the inner sea, and the voyage was much more turbulent than she'd expected. She looked around at the bustling docks and the buildings of Silverkeep--the near-absence of shadows made everything seem brighter.

She watched as a very short woman--a gnome, or maybe a halfling?--pointed towards the porter and called out something in an unfamiliar tongue. It seems like she doesn't speak Ludian. Zahra herself had a pretty good handle on the spoken Ludian language, but hadn't yet mastered the written Fire Runes. They were so different from the graceful, flowing characters of her homeland's written language. Zahra turned to the artificial being standing next to her. "Do you know what language that is?"

12. Vergil Busy procrastinating

"Ugh! Good for nothing Tall gnomes! Lack of smarts when you get up there!" Kagami huffed in Gnomish and looked at the group she had sailed with. Not one had any style to them - well maybe the blonde tally, but the others looked BORING!

She ambled off towards the town. At least that was exciting! All different things! And all so freaking high up!

"No consideration! Good Lord!"

How different is the town here from her home in Sparklewoods?
    Perception

1d20-1
    20-1 = 19

(seriously??)

13. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

And off of the ship after Zahra there stepped a figure that had been ever present on the ship, but rather quiet. He was just a couple inches shy of Eren's full height, spoke with a low baritone, and was covered from head to toe in clothing. Helmet, goggles, cloak around the shoulders, a long jacket, rough trousers, gloves, and boots. He slept far fewer hours than anyone else, because he always seemed to go to sleep last, and wake up first. And, above all else, this individual shared the general interest in getting off the ship now.

A solid march took him down the gangplank after Zahra, his backpack and over his back, and his belt jingling with an assortment of tools. He held his spear over his shoulders like a carrying pole, draping his arms lazily over the ends as he canted his head. "Well, no..." he remarked quietly, and then shrugged. "I'm still attempting mastery of the few I know. She seems excitable, however."

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  14. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Going deeper into the city from the docks leads people through a small warehousing district and into a marketplace. Both areas are a bustle of activity, as the ships rush to load and unload items stored. The items unloaded are mostly provisioning most of the items seem to be food and sundries that wouldn't typically be worth mention and certainly not burning imports. Their places are traded with carefully padded packages, bits of stone, and various statues; presumably artifacts of some place or another.

Throughout the town the only major difference from most towns, other than the size, is the fact that most people go about their business armed. Soldiers and guards, obviously, but merchants and others keep their weapons readily at hand. Most seem to prefer simple clubs or staves but occasionally a crossbow or spear is strapped to someone's back in a fashion that suggests it has become habit.

Well, 'very' would be the short answer. Teir Grotto, the capital, is a mountain community. Most of the structures are built into caves with careful paths and walkways webbing the outside. The citizens there take pride in making the connections as natural as possible, working the stone as little as they can to make a comfortable path and, when absolutely necessary, bridges are built to blend into the natural surroundings. The other mountain gnome cities are similar in nature (though typically much smaller in scale).

Briar Glen is a forest community. It's quite spread out for the population compared to the dense mess seen here, the gnomes there preferring to build their homes into the hollow of large trees or dug in around the roots. The denizens there are generally seen as more social, living in clustered communities of gnomes and animals.

Silverkeep is far more fortified than any of the cities of Sparklewoods, the idea of a wall surrounding the whole city is almost unfathomable (and additionally eerie as the shadow from such a wall in Briar Glen would subject a section of the city to eternal shade, an uncomfortable idea).

15. Kuno Unique! Just like you!

Leaning against the rail of the ship, his arms crossed, his long blonde braid being tossed about uncaring by the wind, Zeke listened quietly to Griffith speak. The smirk that never seemed to leave his face curled the corners of his mouth making the lecture seem more mirthful then it actually was.

Glancing over the others he sighed. “Haven't needed a wet nurse in years. Though one could be fun right about now.” He mumbled to himself. A bronzed hand scratched at the stubble that had grown over the last couple days. Zeke finally understood why most sailors wore beards. Shaving at sea, a sharp knife at your throat, wasn't the most ideal situation, especially on those rough seas. That was probably the only thing about the moving on the water that bothered him, that and the thins sheen of sticky salt that seemed coat every pore of his body.

Pushing away from the rail he followed the others down the gangplank. 'A hot bath first.' Zeke thought to himself as his turquoise eyes ran over the docks and along the tall wooden wall. He couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at the many members of his group. Between the barely held mostly one-sided conversations to the little person screaming in some strange language, the adventure was going to be interesting.

'Then an ale before finding some kind of fun companionship.' He licked his lips in anticipation, cringing slightly at the salty taste. Moving through the sailors he paused to ask someone where the Embarrassed Lute was and quickly got directions before moving on. The druid of course had armor, he knew better than to think he could go into dangerous places without it but for the moment he wore only the soft, blue silk of his loose pants and the long orange sash that he had wrapped around his waist. The long ends hanging down to his feet, covering a small pouch and the bear claws that never left his side.

16. Vergil Busy procrastinating

Kagami was taken aback by the sheer number of people. All tall. She darted around, trying not to get trampled on.

"Hey! Hey!! Watch where you're going you ...you...overgrown meat...thing!" She was so frustrated that she couldn't get out a witty retort (that they wouldn't have understood.) She was not happy. She needed to be taller and yell at people accordingly so that they knew that she was not to be trifled with.

She now also wanted trifle for dessert.

She goes to the nearest merchant. She doesn't care what they are selling.

"I need to be taller and to be able to speak whatever language you are speaking. And I need someone to carry my things. And I only want to buy one thing. Sell it to me!"

17. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

they wander the way towards the Embarrassed Lute, the tall spearman's gaze scans the people passed, the way they move, and most of all the layout of the streets and walls passed, tapping on his peculiarly curved blade's shaft as he goes.

(Knowledges)
    Engineering, Martial:
    1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22
    1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13

18. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

"Oiaa iovaj feo iwvpadp?" The merchant asks in Ludian with a somewhat curious look on her face. After a moment she speaks again, slower, in the trade tongue, "cjois cji lsosdi a?" The look of amused curiosity slowly turning to mild concern at the communications barrier. After another moment of contemplation she gestures to a selection of dried fruit and holds up two fingers, perhaps indicating a price? She points to some sort of hardened bread and indicates two loaves while holding up one finger on the other hand. She smiles a slightly pained smile.

The city is very much designed with defense and fortification in mind. The outer wall was obvious but the roads and layout of the buildings are clearly designed to make for choke points and route forces. It was clearly intended to be more of a fortress with an extended garrison than a proper city.

The people are harder to get a measure of. Their gait suggests they are used to the weight of the weapons they carry, so they probably have at least passing familiarity in them. He doesn't get enough of a measure to say beyond that.

19. Vergil Busy procrastinating

Kagami grumbles a series of cuss words that would make a sailor blush, strains a smile and then yells out in Gnomish

"CAN ANYONE UNDERSTAND BASIC FUCKING GNOMISH??! ITS NOT HARD, YOU GODDAMNED FUCKING PEASANTS!!"

She stomps around town yelling like a madwoman until she is either arrested or someone understands her.

20. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

Rashka was born in Stathford to commoner Elven parents who once hailed from the Dark Woods of the Idaeyiles Kingdom. Her Father is a merchant and mother a carriage driver they met in the Ludia kingdom of Stathford in their late youth and settled there to do business their professions naturally crossing over to benefit one another. The mother would always drive the carriage while the father sold things. Naturally being elves they had more time to save more money than humans in the long run and planned on Rashka's birth. Gold was saved up from her parents so she could make her own decisions when she became an adult as she showed a highly independent nature.

Rashka turned out to be quite the trouble maker growing up, but did learn both of her parents trades along with her own special set of skills that made her far more suited than either parent to be a merchant or driver. Growing up she excelled at things any thief would be good at and held an interest that many other people didn't hold of the third age and exploring places. Perhaps her blood took to life in the Darkwoods more than her parents despite not being born there, but in Ludia instead as she naturally took to the bow and light weapons.

At the age of 110 the age of adulthood for an elf she decided to head out to Silverkeep across the sea using the 280 gold her parents gave her and sailed with Master Griffith to follow her dreams of exploring and making it big. Where we start is her boarding off the ship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rashka's eyes sparkled as they came up to the docks of Silverkeep to the city some would say isn't much. "So... so much trade! So this is what the start of a country looks like."
    There was one thing that she knew for sure, this was a place to make profit in.

Raska had bought quite a few things with the money given to her, though the majority of the gold went towards adventurer equipment and the cart/pony she had bought. The cart contained about 25 pounds worth of soap and 50 pounds of coffee. (also 50 torches) Coffee being something she liked quite a bit, she couldn't go without it at least 3 times a day at minimum and as a result of her cleanliness that's what she mostly smelled like, coffee beans. If anyone wanted coffee on this journey she was the girl to go to.

She leads her small cart after the wagons Josh took off the ship; carefully guiding her pony. I'd be a disaster if everything fell off into the water after all. As she followed she spotted various interesting people coming off the ship.

She had kept to her self on the ship for the most part as that was pretty much all she could do sailing for the first time. Using her willpower to not puke her guts out was hard on that rough and long ride on the waters. Thankfully for her Griffith has actually accommodated the group pretty well so she didn't have to spend as much money.

Before anything else she wanted to get to Embarrassed Lute to secure a room for herself and her cart so she went.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  21. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

Blythe holds her hand up toward Elys with a quick nod before wading into the crowd. She watches the stalls around her, one finally catching her attention. She clears her throat before speaking in ludian, "Belladonna?"

The man scowls slightly, "Yes ma'am, yes. How much would you like?"

"Four doses."

"8 gold pieces."

She nods, feeling it was fair, giving him the gold in exchange for the medicinal yet poisonous herb.

((I'll post tomorrow more but I almost fell asleep typing. lol))

22. Daenerys Stormborn Mother of Dragons Retired Staff

Zahra walked through the marketplace, following the directions Master Griffith had given towards the Embarrassed Lute. As she walked, she looked around at the merchants hawking their wares. The ship's passengers had seemed to come from all over, and she wondered whether the town's permanent population was as eclectic. She was also curious about what they were selling. [OOC: What I mean by that is, are there things being sold that she wouldn't recognize because they're only found on this continent? Like fruits/vegetables, items made from "new" kinds of wood or stone, etc.]

Perception--I assume she can take 10?

23. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

@Kuno @Unlosing Ranger @Anyone-else-headed-to-the-inn-I-may-have-missed

The Embarrassed Lute is the second largest structure in the town and easy to spot from almost anywhere. The first floor is a large, open tavern with a long bar along one wall. The bar and most of the furniture is sized for humans but a halfling walks behind the bar on some sort of elevated platform. Against another wall is a small elevated stage, at the moment a pair of lute-players strum idly providing a light background music to the establishment.

The floor is slightly crowded by numerous tables. At the moment there's a modest crowd, unusual for the time of day in most places. The crowd seems to be a mix of off-duty guards, traveling merchants waiting for goods to load or unload, and adventurers planning for their next expedition.

A balcony overhangs about half the first floor with stairs traveling to a secondary bar above. While there are no signs or obvious indicators this seems to be reserved for the more noble patrons.

After a few minutes of ranting she's interrupted by an elf dressed in blackened leathers. Unlike most the main wears a pair of rapiers on his belt, presumably signifying he's an adventurer rather than a merchant. He speaks a passable Gnomish to her, "come now, my pet, you don't want to attract the attention of old ironhands. We get a lot of freedom in the city but disturbances tend to get addressed promptly." He offers her a slick smile, "now what exactly seems to be the trouble?"

By in large most of the market places goods are imported from Stathford coming in on ships. Most of the goods are staples, grains, flours, various dried meats. Really if anything stands out as unusual its the percentage of the goods that seem geared at exploration. Dried provisions, ropes, lamp oil, torches are available in bulk and actively hawked on the street rather than items typically reserved limited space. Some of the provisions are unfamiliar to her in a general sense. Some hard breads different than the types she would be used to. The mixes of dried fruits and jerky containing a few that she has to guess what they might be. The fresh foods are less common commanding extra attention. Most of the fruits come from Ludia, she'd recognize most from trade through Venosia but they are more delicacies there.

There doesn't seem to be much in the market originating from Taliga (the continent they arrived at), it's a very arid region. On the approach by ship most of the plant-life seemed to be limited to scattered brush and cacti. There weren't any signs of development or agriculture outside of the city walls, so foraging would be the only source of such things.

24. Vergil Busy procrastinating

"Thank you! This language you tall folk speak is barbaric. All I need is a something that will help me translate while I'm travelling, also something that will make me taller so that I can actually see what is on these blasted tables....and yeah maybe something to hold my stuff. Do you know where I can find something like that? Maybe a talking horse that knows Gnomish..oooh or a potion! A potion that makes me taller and smarter and gives me lots of deep pockets but doesn't make my pants fall down! Or maybe some sentient pants! Wait that doesn't help at all - but it would be cool. "

"Where can I find trifle?"

Kagami says jumping around in her thoughts

25. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

Rashka looks around the place cursorily before deciding to move to talk to the halfling barkeep.
    "Excuse me? Aren't there rooms reserved here for a Master Griffith, more specifically his group?"
    Rashka asks politely to the barkeep.

26. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

The man struggles to follow the stream of consciousness eventually speaking again in careful gnomish, "slower, slower, my 'barbaric' ears can barely keep up." He parses things a bit more then continues, "well, if you need translation the obvious answer is hire a translator. I've seen merchants hire them before, for a few hours in the city it shouldn't be that bad. If you're looking for a dedicated one for days or weeks it might add up."

"I don't know much about magic, I know Poppy sells some things, I'm not sure I'd trust a potion to simply make you smarter though. Seems like if that were possible we'd all know about it, right?" He scratches his head and thinks, "only story I've ever heard of a talking horse, well, let's just say it didn't end well and leave it at that. As to magic pants? Well, my pappy always told me not to trust anything that talks if you can't see it's mouth, so that's good enough for me."

"If you're looking for a long term solution, you might try the stocks. Get on old Ironhand's bad side and you'll find yourself lockd up there. Line the right pockets, er I mean pay the right fees and you can sometimes take over the handling of someone's sentence. Provide food, care, and oversight in exchange for some semi-voluntary service. Not sure if you'll find any gnomes there, but could be worth a try?"

"Master Griffith," the halfling thinks a moment. "Ah, the new group, yeah," he pauses and gestures towards the stairs. "Fourth floor, you've got two rooms, should be pallets out already, if you need more let me know."

27. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

"Thank you. I'm also wondering how your coffee stock here is, I have about 25 pounds I can sell freely to your establishment. About 20 pounds of soap as well... Speaking of is there a place to bathe? I just came off a 3 day voyage after all."

28. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

"Coffee?" He pauses to think a moment before replying, "we got a Sealing ship that came through not long ago, picked up a bag from them. I might make a pot in the morning now and again, morning's not usually our rush time though, most of your type," he pauses and quickly corrects himself. "That is to say most 'adventurers' don't fancy themselves early risers, and they tend to be drinking stronger stuff. Merchants and the like, well, they're waiting for the ships to get in before they get going."

"As to soap, I suppose we might need some stocking up there, twenty pounds sure sounds like a lot though, what in Ao's name are you planning?"

"Bath's included with the room, tubs are on the end of the floor. They change out the water about an hour before dawn. If you want fresh water or hot water, talk to one of the waitresses, she'll set you up for six copper."

29. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

"Selling soap at a premium of course. You've been here a while, wouldn't you say most need a good washing? Oh one of the waitresses? Who'd you recommend in particular?"
    Rashka was interested in the patron's tastes, it was possible she could have business relations with him long term.

This was a rather key place to the operations of this city after all.

30. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

The tallish figure clad in explorer's digs adjusted his grip on the spear, leaning it over his shoulder as the group arrived at the Embarrassed Lute at their own paces. For a cool few moments, he scans the area with his goggles, looks up at the balcony, then glanced down at Zahra. There's no expression behind the mask of his gear, but he rubbed his helmeted dome with a very vague confusion as he spoke to her in a flowing tongue.

Spoiler: Veosian
    "Is this the correct place? It doesn't look like a particularly embarrassing location. In fact, mostly everyone here is rather modest, at a glance..."