1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Derrie, Monspiet and the Estarossa-Ellie angle

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Yak, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Yak Well-Known Member

If you know me you know this'll be a bit lengthy.

I've been giving the recent developments some thought. Holy War aside it looks pretty grim for Derrierie and Monspiet right now with Estarossa coming for them (swiggity swooty).

The only legit chance for them to survive this encounter with Estarossa would be if they are saved from an outside force. No way they can take him on as he is now and even without the decrees it would be questionable since he is the second strongest if not strongest Commandment still left (Meliodas aside and I doubt even the masters can really match him).

Well, if anyone it's gotta be Elizabeth, right? It would further her development as an independend character who gets shit done. Besides, she has done it before. She is also against killing or fighting meaninglessly. The main battle is relatively close by and Ellie is kind of on a different team than the main force but the troops are just rolling out. There's still time for detours and such.

I'm not saying she'll take on Estarossa, lol nope. But she'll bargain for their lives. She knows something is up with him having asked for her name in Camelot. And I think Estarossa would want her more than he would want killing two traitors for the heck of it (it's not even necessary dude, they wanna hand their stuff over anyway!).

That would also be the perfect opportunity to forward the Estarossa and Elizabeth sub-plot. If he takes her as a trophy, he has leverage against his brother. We would have them interact with each other, possibly finally learning what the deal with them is. It could all shape up into a fight between Mel and Estarossa all about Elizabeth and with Zeldris sorta being stuck between camps.

(Hey, remember when I made the Game of Thrones backstabbing and betrayal, scheming mastermind & underhanded tactics shitpost a while ago? Yeah, I wasn't kidding. This is what we're gonna get.)

C'mon Nakaba, do it! This would be far more interesting than just Esty rolling out and killing those two and then fucking off with their commandments.

Tags:
  2. EternalRage Well-Known Member

Why would Stigma leave her to do whatever she wants by herself knowing she could die at anytime?

3. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

I'd rather they fight with Derriere and Monspiet in the middle with Ellie winning quite honestly. "Taking ellie as a trophy"? I dont care about this esta ellie link, especially if it just leaves ellie with less opportunity to show herself.

i dont see how any of your later speculation goes with your previous independent ellie angle

4. Yak Well-Known Member

You think they have the luxury to babysit her all day long during a war?

5. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

Does elie need babysitting? The true extent of her power has not been shown

6. Escageta Member

It could be Estarossa lend a hand to Elizabeth if that will use with how he knows her ! But what if she tried to help the couples and he intends killing her and the hidden Mael stopping him . Yeaaaah there we'll get MaelEstarossa story

7. Yak Well-Known Member

Yeah, that. I mean, she is still perfectly killable as long as she can't fully control her power but if it happens to surface she probably even shits on all the Archangels. So I don't really see the need for that.

8. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

nakaba has been hyping her up for the whole series, so i would not doubt it, but ofc i dont know when the reveal is

9. Yak Well-Known Member

I've written all of the above under the circumstance that Estarossa stays as he is but what would you guys think of the possibility of Mael awakening inside him and Estarossa becoming Mael?

Imo it would lend a new dimension to the whole conflict with Mael/Estarossa leading the goddess clan and Meliodas as the new demon king leading his clan into war.

10. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

it would be interesting but wouldent that just dismiss estarossa's own character...i mean atleast it makes sense with Elizabeth liones since she is literally the person she reincarnated into, but mael is someone else and estarossa is himself

11. SonicTron Well-Known Member

Sigh, Elizabeth, just another female character used as bait over and over

12. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

13. SonicTron Well-Known Member

14. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

i did but im wondering if your saying it about the thread or the manga