1. img
    The KCC is hosting a Short Story Horror Contest!
    The deadline for entries is October 24th at 1am UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Are you an artist that loves One Piece ?
    Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    The deadline is on October 21th at 7:00 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Come vote in the Alley Banner Contest - Mark VI!
    Deadline is on October 21th at 4:51pm EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Halloween!
    Deadline for entries: October 31st at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    Come join the very first non-banner Café contest!
    The deadline is on October 23th at 9:47 AM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

PS4 XB1 PS3 360 Destiny (Bungie/Activision)

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Kate Bishop, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Bergelmir

Yeah, I was starting to get a bit pissed off too. I thought it would be easier, considering the 5 level gap. I just need to clear this to get my Pocket Infinity.

Gonna take a break tonight, though. Catch up on this week's TV shows instead.

Also, I thought the bounties resetting twice every day was normal? On the weekends, where I get to play long sessions, I usually get two sets of bounties in a day.

2. Jeff

Really, shit I heard it was once a day. I mean why would it reset twice within six hours?

True I probably won't be around a night for the next four days or so.

3. Bergelmir

The bounty giver always has that 24 hour clock, but I assumed it was a countdown until a new set of bounties were released, as opposed to the same set being rereleased.

Or maybe I've just been lucky with the glitch so far.

4. Jeff

In the meantime, fucking somehow always get square and triangle confused when I am in the middle of a public event. Then I go to orbit and just shake my head at the wasted ascendant shard I have no time to go back and re-do for :giogio

It's simple reasons like that why I am not a capable gamer.

5. Bergelmir

Ahahaha, yeah that sucks. I sometimes confuse the buttons when I'm trying to look at gear. I've lost some gear mixing up the square and triangle.

6. Bergelmir

I GOT THE POCKET INFINITY!!! AND THE CLIP SIZE IS TOTAL BULLSHIT BUT ITS STILL AWESOME! :WOW

Just in time for the game to throw me another Vanguard Mentor Missive too. :laugh Picked the Bad Juju bounty this time. That looks real easy to get through, so I should clear that fairly soon.

Also, fuck Bastion. I hate that map so goddam much.

EDIT: And I have the Voidfang Vestments now! Its been a good day.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  7. Bergelmir

Played a bunch of Iron Banner today. Man, that shit is fuuuuun. And tense. Gotta start saving up glimmer to buy the level 30 gear from Lord Saladin, too.

8. PureWIN

Catdank Faction:
    So, anybody playing The Dark Below? :maybe

9. Bergelmir

Yeah, its been pretty fun. It has all the problems that vanilla Destiny has, but I like the quest-line bounties. Those are cool. And the Hand/Eyes/Heart of Crota all remain in the world after the bounties are done, which I like. I love the Omnigul strike. And Eris is super dumb, which cracks me up.

Haven't done the raid yet(I'm still level 29), but I did go grab that first chest. Haven't managed to kill Urzok yet either.

10. Jeff

Have not touched Destiny since I got into Sleeping Dogs...kind of ashamed of myself.

I have the option of dl-ing the DLC for free too.

Worth going back? I heard the whole new exotics system is a piece of shit.

11. Bergelmir

Upgrading Exotics is a pain in the ass if you don't have a shit ton of Strange Coins. You now have to spend 7 Strange Coins just to get that last perk on an Exotic. No Ascendant materials required anymore, though.

And if you want to upgrade a pre-DLC Exotic to the current stats, you have pay 7 Strange Coins, reset your Exotic, max it out all over again, then pay another 7 Strange Coins for that last perk. Shit is aggravating.

DLC missions are fun, though. Some great new weapons. Its just more of what we got before, though.

12. Jeff

Strange Coins lol I had so few of them before I probably only was able to buy one thing from Xur during my like 60+ hrs of playing.

Probably a sign that I won't go back, especially because I don't have friends on PSN who play Destiny enough. Such a shame that buying the PS4 has backfired on me.

13. Bergelmir

My Xur loot was from the engrams, only thing I spend my Motes of Light on. Nightfalls and Daily Strikes are where you get a ton of Strange Coins apparently.

Well, you have fun with your other games, Jeff. I'll continue to fight the Darkness. :salute

14. Jeff

Exactly why I never got them. Under the rare case I did, it was from the cyptarch lol. No one to team up with, and not good enough to solo it.

I am tempted to return once I get better internet. Currently at the homestead where I get about 6 mbps and that is shared among four people...

15. Clay

Speaking of how annoyingly annoying it can be to get Strange Coins, Xur is selling The Last Word this weekend and I'm five coins short. I'm too low level for Nightfall and the hardest level of the Weekly Strike, so tomorrow is really my last chance. I need to get the remaining five Strange Coins somehow. I can get one for sure from a golden chest on Mars and there's a good chance I'll get a couple more from public events since I have three characters, so it's mostly figuring out how to get the last few.

Hopefully it'll work out. My first legendary gun was a Time on Target I got for levelling up Vanguard and the free legendary we got a few days ago was another Time on Target, so I could do with a little luck. :maybe

16. Jeff

I feel ya. I had to get a single Strange Coin to buy a gauntlet a few months back and could not for the life of all that is holy get it. I literally camped the public events for an entire day too :(

17. Bergelmir

I GOT THE LAST WORD!!! :nuts:dance:beardthing

Kuvira, you should use /r/Fireteams on reddit or destinylfg.net to find people to join you. I just used /r/Fireteams and did the Weekly Heroic on both character. Netted 15 Coins that got me enough for Xur.

18. Clay

I got one Strange Coin from a chest on Mars, spent five hours (literally) farming shards and got two more coins from that daily public event reward (three characters is convenient). Hit level 27 thanks to the shards and did the Nightfall and the Weekly Strike on level 30, the latter getting me the last three coins I needed.

Ended up with enough coins for Last Word and the Nightfall got me the Hunter's Crest of the Alpha Lupi. Today worked out nicely. :yay

19. Bergelmir

Man, playing as a Hunter is crazy fun. I just started one up and I'm having a blast. Decided to go Gunslinger first, but I cannot wait to level up the Bladedancer. My only complaint is that the melee is a bit doodoo. I suck at using the throwing knife.

20. Jeff

Throwing knife took me some time to get used to. But since I love using one-shot weapons in other multiplayer games it was kind of second nature once I got the hang of its range and stuff. Used to throwing knife the crap out of the Cabal on Mars :ho

21. Clay

Got a vanguard mentor missive a couple of days ago, picked the bounty for Thorn since it's apparently the best of the three I could go with (the other two being Bad Juju and Invective) and right now I'm just trying to get the Crucible stuff over with. It's not as bad as I thought it'd be and I seem to be getting about 30~40 points per match. I only need about 350 more points, so I should be able to finish this off quickly enough.

I'm mostly just waiting for tomorrow, though. Need to grind Strikes for Vanguard marks, then spend a stupid amount of time levelling up New Monarchy. I need about 2200 points to get them to rank 2, which is when I can start buying armour from them.

22. Bergelmir

The Thorn bounty drives me nuts. I've picked that bounty up three times, and thrown it away each time when I reach the final step. Just picked it up again, so we'll see if I make it this time. Doing The Summoning on level 26 should be easier once I hit 30.

The Bad Juju bounty is pretty easy once you get past the first step. I've done that twice. Dismantled them, though.

23. Clay

Ran through Vault of Glass, got Thunderlord and Praedyth's Revenge. :yay

24. Bergelmir

Ahhh, lucky man. I want the Thunderlord. I should run the VoG more often.

Scored a Badger CCL and a The Swarm from a Vanguard package, though. That looks like it'll be awesome once its leveled up.

25. Bergelmir

The Last Word last week. Icebreaker this week!!

Gonna have to pass on it for the Hunter/Warlock helmets, though. If I get around to doing the Weekly, that is.

26. Clay

I actually bought the Icebreaker. I'm probably going to regret it, though, since it meant no Exotic Shards. I'm quickly getting to the point where I have three or four exotic guns and a couple exotic armour pieces in need of shards.

Maybe next week. I did get the Pocket Infinity bounty. Also got my Warlock to level 30 and my Hunter to level 25. Really need some legendary guns, though. I only have Time on Target and Praedyth's Revenge and using rares just isn't cutting it.

27. sharingancameron

Hey guys, I see this thread hasn't been very active. Guess it suits me, haha. I've been gone since 2007!!! I'm 8 years older now and married, insane. Kind of scary thinking about how time flies :p

Well, I play a lot of crucible, feel free to check out pvp montage! A lot of sniping and ownage ;) First video. Tell me what you think!

Search: Cloud's Crucible PvP & Trialz: Highlights take #1

Feel free to add me if you need help with Trials!

PS4, PSN: Enclavecloud

28. Mugiwara

So, bumbing this thread. I'm looking to do some raiding or POE now. Hit me up if interested (aka, reply in this thread with username and what you'd like to do ;) )

PoE32, PoE34, VoG and Crota is what I need to do.
    34 warlock here :)

29. Simon

Just when I thought I finally convinced myself to shelf this game forever.

[YOUTUBE]jTvf2cAIUtk[/YOUTUBE]

30. Jake CENA

Catdank Faction:
    Holy shit is the legendary edition for $59.99?? I need to get that shit also :argh

It does contain all the DLCs including the Taken King?? Right???