1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Destiny vs. Strike Freedom

Discussion in 'Gundam' started by RGZ_ReGZ, Jun 23, 2005.

1. RGZ_ReGZ Refined Gundam Zeta

I assume many people already know Destiny and Strike Freedom's spec. Anyway, if both are piloted by a very similar pilot, in terms of both skill and emotions, which mobile suit do you think will win? (as in, which is the better mobile suit?)

I would say Strike Freedom will win, but mainly due to the DRAGOONs. Destiny, however, have an insane mobility and powerful weapon (that long rifle seems stronger than SF's chest cannon and beam launcher, and that beam saber just takes the cake.)

Tags:
  2. antoine Member

According to the chairman, he stated Destiny/Legend were better suits than any that preceded it, but we don't know when Strike Freedom was made.

I'm guessing Strike Freedom was created before Destiny and that Destiny is stronger.

3. davidsiaw Fried Rice

yep GO DESTINY! It is your DESTINY to decide strike freedom's DESTINY and to make sure that DESTINY is not something we'd expect from DESTINY coz kira's gotta learn that DESTINY is not in his hands. so go DESTINY gundam.

4. ssouske Callsign: Urz 7

I don't understand what the hell you're trying to say... :blink
    I will not put in the pilot tactics and skill since this is more of the MS vs MS fight... If all the specs are true, i see Strike Freedom nailing Destiny... no contest... beam shields? whatever... The Super DRAGOON system should be enough to make desiny pee in its pants... (lol! :laugh ) add to that the high energy combo beam riffle... and BIGGER rail guns and the bigger and better SUPER LACERTA BEAMSABERS... hahaha!(i do not know why they bother making it more powerful... the lacertas do their job perfectly... :amuse ) and the multi-phase cannon in the lower torso...
    and what does destiny have? a plasma cannon and an anti-ship sword in the back a beam riffle and the palm cannon that will make destny look like Dan in SF doing Gadouken! ^^ just kidding... (no hard feelings for the Shinn+Destiny fans out there... ok? :amuse )
    Seriously though, i think S-Freedom does have the technical superiority over Destiny... not only that, but S-Freedom seems to outgun Destiny to... but i think destiny can still hold its own against S-Freedom... but maybe it will be more of a loosing battle...

5. Mindless Ergo Proxy

Who knows? You can't really tell right now since we haven't seen either of them in battle.

If we take Destiny and Strike Freedom with their respective pilots, I'd say Strike Freedom would win. Why?

It has fin funnels. It has two beamrifles that can combine into one bigger gun. It has one new, improved, railgun on each hip. It has this Multi-phase cannon in it's chest that sounds very powerful. And that it's piloted by someone that has developed some form of newtype powers. The sheer adaptability of Strike Freedom would put me in awe if I was faced against it. Sure, Destiny can combine alot of battle types too.

But that's like: His longrange positron cannon, his anti-ship sword and his beamrifle. That's it. Well, of course the palm cannons have to serve some purpose, but I think Destiny matched up against Strike Freedom will not act in Destiny's favour.

6. Kiba-kun "Shinn...suki...."

Unfortunately, however much I LOVE Destiny's design, pilot and specs, S-Freedom is stronger, for reasons said above. A shame really.

7. defort hahahaha

i say lets wait for that battle instead. I don't want to upset both sides....

*whisper*

*go destiny!!!!*

8. davidsiaw Fried Rice

Go Destiny indeed. Strike Freedom is probably stronger. But hey. Remember Providence vs Freedom? I sure hope Shinn develops real fast and becomes Kira II. :p

9. zgnoud An Enigma

SPOILER --------------------------------------------------------------------

dont real ahead if you dont wanna know whats gonna happen in future episodes
    ----------
    ----------
    ----------

----------
    still here? ok. although it was stated that If both piolets were at equal level, i just wanted to state out that in future episodes Athuran's Infinite justice owned both Destiny and Legend. though im biased, Kira is known to be one up from Athuran when in 'killing' mode.

10. staradderdragoon is owning at being a

s-freedom will win. stats tell all. just reading the specs that mindless put up a while ago when he pitted freedom against wing zero was enough....wasnt there also a comparison betweeen the two suits in the main thread? also, battery powered versus nuke powered.....that puts a huge disadvantage on destiny....but i guess, we'll just have to see.

11. kenok 火星

I'd have to go for destiny too the stats are shown clearly that hes more powerful and it comes out later then Destiny soo.... yea its better

12. staradderdragoon is owning at being a

u mean s-freedom or destiny? how can destiny come out later than destiny? lol

13. ssouske Callsign: Urz 7

another post that i can't understand... :blink

first of all... Strike Freedom is the suit that will come out later... so the possibility of getting the technical edge/advantage is on S-Freedom's side... next, as what mindless has been shouting out loud in the GSD thread :laugh , Strike Freedom has 8, i repeat 8, Super DRAGOON Funnels which kira can control... and it has the newer spec weapons like the Multi-phase cannon in the torso (i think raider or forbidden also had one...), 2x High Energy Beam Riffles that can be docked together like Buster's, 2x Xiphas3 rail cannons... which are the bigger and better siblings of Freedom's Xiphas rail guns... and kira's favorite weapon, the bigger, better, and more powerful Super Lacerta Beamsabers... in confirmation, these came form MAHQ...
    MMI-GAU27D 31mm CIWS x 2, (oh look... the bullets on S-Freedom's CIWS are bigger... arround 9mm smaller than minerva's :p and almost twice Destiny's)
    MGX-2235 "Callidus" multi-phase beam cannon x 1,
    M02G "Super Lacerta" beam saber x 2,
    MMI-M15E "Xiphias 3" rail cannon x 2,
    MX2200 beam shield generator x 2,
    MA-M21KF high-energy beam rifle x 2,
    EQFU-3X Super DRAGOON (Disconnected Rapid Armament Group Overlook Operation Network) mobile weapon wings (MA80V beam assault cannon x 1)

now let us see Destiny's specs...(these specs come from MAHQ)
    MMI-GAU26 17.5mm CIWS x 2,
    RQM60F "Flash-Edge 2" beam boomerang x 2,
    MMI-714 "Arondight" anti-ship sword x 1,
    MA-BAR73/S high-energy beam rifle x 1,
    M2000GX high-energy long-range beam cannon x 1,
    MMI-X340 "Palma Fiocina" palm beam cannon x 2,
    shield x 1,
    MX2351 "Solidus Fulgor" beam shield generator x 2

Statistics show that Strike Freedom clearly out guns your destiny... and as for the power plant... Strike Freedom gets a new engine... no batteries... either nuke or something new... but for Destiny, rumors say that it will get a battery operated power plant...
    Ok... now i have given the stats... and it clearly points in one direction... Strike Freedom is better than Destiny... but... the battle will decide who really will win... no amount of specs can truly show how good someone can go in the battlefield... just as sting said "MS power is not the true measure of strength." And the Orb Murasame Pilots indeed showed him that his statement is completely true :laugh

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  14. Chillin The New Sword

kenok meant S-Freedom, I think that was pretty obvious with the way it was worded. Just a little typo on his/her part.

15. staradderdragoon is owning at being a

well. the victor has obviously been decided. what do we do now? lol

16. staradderdragoon is owning at being a

well. the victor has obviously been decided especially with ssouske's ownage post. what do we do now? lol

17. dotWizard Onion Knight

Can someone explain neotype powers to me? Someone mentioned them before, but since it didn't involve Kira, Athrun, and Shinn, I just dismissed it.

I'm guessing it involves the little lightning effect that happens when Mwu sees Kreuze. Kira started doing that too, if I remember correctly.

Strike Freedom sounds like it has everything in terms of armament, which is a shame. When a person gets an overpowered suit like that, you sort of don't want to root for them, because they have a ridiculous advantage.

I do like Destiny's weapons over Strike Freedoms. I'll take an anti-ship sword and beam boomerang over beam saber and DRAGOONs any day. A boomerang that flies around everywhere, nailing enemies is a lot more impressive than hundreds of little lasers firing everywhere, covering the entire screen in cheapness.

Does anyone like the original Freedom more than the Strike Freedom? Strike Freedom seems a lot bigger and the proportions make it out to be very different from the slim, agile Freedom.

My opinion...Destiny is at a disadvantage, but depending on how the DRAGOONs and multiple beams are used, Destiny has a good chance. DRAGOONs have never stopped a really good pilot before, beams might be hazardous, but Destiny holding a giant sword and utilizing the boomerang multiple times in a fight will be more fun to watch. In regarding to which is more powerful statistically, I'll leave that to you guys. I just hope Destiny doesn't have to recharge its battery 2-4 times a fight like Impulse did.

18. RGZ_ReGZ Refined Gundam Zeta

Not to mention the fact that there's is the IJ's stat... apparently whiel Freedom is "all guns" thanks to dragoon), IJ is all beam saber. Its legs are beam saber, its shield is beam saber, it's wings are beam saber... hell, the only downgraded melee is it no longer have those shoulder beam boomerangs. If IJ and destiny fight in close rang, even Destiny with its wing of light and anti-shuip sword doesn't seem to amount to anything...

19. ssouske Callsign: Urz 7

Ahem... Neo/Mwu did pin shinn down in ep 2 using the exaas' gunbarrels... rey came in so Neo/Mwu was stopped... Shinn seems to have dificulties in fighting a Dragoon/Gunbarrel MS/MA... and we have not seen shinn fight that type of suit since... Neo/Mwu's Exaas... And as I remember in SEED, Mwu and Dearka's Gundams got extremely damaged because of Providence's DRAGOONs... Mwu and Dearka are definitely good pilots... the problem is, they have the 1st generation gundams...

20. dotWizard Onion Knight

Sorry, I was understating it. I meant excellent pilots like Shinn, Kira, and Athrun, when they're in Seed.

We have yet to see how Kira handles DRAGOONs, but I'd like to think Shinn would be able to hypothetically shut them down when he's in Seed.

Other than Neo/Mwu's Gundam, didn't Sting's Chaos have some type of DRAGOON as well? I remember when Athrun was in a Zaku/Ginn (don't know which) and Athrun was trying to prevent Lunius from dropping, he shot a DRAGOON and threw a blade axe at Chaos/Sting, destroying a DRAGOON which flies in front of it.

Although, Sting doesn't use it in other battles, so maybe I'm mistaken. The DRAGOONs would slow Shinn down, but other than that, they wouldn't turn the battle or anything like that.

21. antoine Member

Though we've seen them before, I would like to see how Kira uses them with his flowing battling techniques.

22. Bleachsuki New Member

i think strike freedom has the advantage against destiny. Althought i really dont know how destiny works and what it does but what i think strike freedom will win is because. Reason 1- well since s-freedom has Dragoon system is a good thing because i think shinn isnt really good at handeling dragoons. i mean in episode 2 and 3 if when shinn was fighting neo/mmu on exodus agains impulse shinn could of lost. I mean it looked like shinn had a tough time and i think shinn isnt that kind of guy who likes to fight dragoons. on the other hand rey is good against fighting dragoons. But i really wonder if rey didnt come and help who would of won? neo/mmu or shinn?

23. dotWizard Onion Knight

I think Shinn has become a far better pilot in recent episodes. Shield toss + laser reflect? Using nose of core splendor to attack while going back for more parts? Splitting Impulse in two to dodge?

He's a lot different from the novice we saw in the beginning episodes. Since then, he's learned to shoot accurately after Athrun shows everyone on Minerva off. He's become as fast and as much of a sharpshooter as Athrun. That will definitely help against DRAGOONs, and he learned how to shoot like that a little bit after the fight with Neo.

I know he won't be able to use the tricks he used in 34 with Destiny, but he has learned to use what he had in the Impulse well, and I'm expecting that he adapts to Destiny just as well.

24. staradderdragoon is owning at being a

yeah, but look how much shinn has improved. dotwizard puts a pretty good point. shinnhas improved greatly since episode 2 and 3 and he has in advantage when it comes to tactical data. here's another thing, since zaft created s-freedom, shinn will have every single thing he needs to know about it. kira wont have squat about destiny until he fights it....

25. Bleachsuki New Member

yeah you got a point he gained more experiance over many battles but i think he still lack experiance on fighting dragoons. I mean yeah he fought neo/mmu and he gained some experiance but he still struggle fighting him. Plus that was the only time he fought a dragoon. Sure he became a better piolot but still he doenst have much experiance with dragoons. Maybe after fighting with s-freedom he will get more experiance.

26. dotWizard Onion Knight

My meaning was actually he now has more experience in sharpshooting. Lunamaria gave Athrun her gun, and when Athrun was able to shoot every target in the head very quickly, Shinn began practicing a lot and in one scene, he's able to shoot just as quickly and accurately as Athrun.

Before he learned this trait, he wasn't a very accurate shot. He was decent, but nothing compared to what he is now. DRAGOONs in earlier episodes were difficult for him, because they were small and they moved very quickly. After learning to shoot like Athrun, Shinn becomes a one shot, one kill pilot, like Kira--except Kira is one shot, one disable.

Though it is true he hasn't fought with a person using DRAGOONs since, I think they won't be as much trouble to him as they were when he was an average shooter. It will come down to melee agility and long range strategy.

But then, who knows? Kira might be able to control the DRAGOONs perfectly.

27. Aegis New Member

no matter how much Shinn gets better, isn't Kira supposed to be the "ultimate" coordinator?

28. Martes13 be lol

Can anybody tell me why you always are saying that Shitn will get the Destiny?

Shitn -> Legend
    Athrun -> Destiny
    Kira -> Strike Freedom? Where did you get this name?

It's imposible that Athrun will get the other unit!! Did you see the picture about...

It's imposible that Arthun will get the LEGEND!! :p

(we will be able to check it in some hours, hehehe, in chapter 36)

(EDIT: I DON'T WANT TO SEE SHINN WITH THE DESTINY!! DAMN FUC************!)

29. Chillin The New Sword

That black Gundam is the Destroy, and it's already been...well...destroyed. The Destiny was just handed to Shinn in the latest episode (35). Athrun is going to pilot the Infinite Justice, and Strike Freedom is the official name of Kira's next mobile suit according to many credible and official sources.

30. 3rdStrike A Hedgehog's Dilemma

In addition to what Chillin is saying...

We know because of the following:
    • Spoilers from Gunota Headlines, Newtype Magazines etc.
    • Information from MAHQ - - DESTINY is pilot by Shinn Asuka

And the picture you posted... The HUGE gundam behind is called DESTROY Gundam that appeared in ep 31. It is piloted by Stellar.
    The gundam on the left is Freedom and the one on the right is Impulse.

If you want the entire idea/story, please feel free to read the Gundam DESTINY thread v.2.0. There is all the info you need.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2005