1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Fanclubs Reorganisation:
    We're consolidating the fanclub subsections on 07/08/2017. For more information, visit this thread
  3. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  4. Hi guys. As you can tell we're on an org domain now. This isn't permanent, more details can be found here.
  5. Think you have the best waifu? Come and prove that your waifu is the best in the first ever NF Waifu Competition!
    Please submit any and all notifications in the link below: "
    NF Waifu Popularity Tournament

6. The latest NF Newsletter is out (August), read it here
  7. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

8. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Detective Conan

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Bender, Jun 29, 2009.

Who do you think is the Black organization boss?

1. Dr. Agasa

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Shinichi's dad

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Shinichi Kudo

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Gin

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Vermouth

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Someone else

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

Since I didn't see one lying around in the manga section I added one

The manga's been one harsh and long journey but I think we're gearing up towards the end

chapter 700

1) Ran suspect Conan's true identify

2) The debut of Bourbon is coming

3) The true identify of Okiya revealed

4) Akai Shuichi appears again, whether it is real or fake one back to File 677 to File 679

5) The story will be identical to Movie 13 Raven's Chaser, the massacre from Black Organization to Conan's people around him will begin

http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=1740.0

2. Nightfall Active Member

Pretty long shounen manga, has the quality been consistent throughout the years? Or more of a drag?

3. Kalle85 Member

More of a drag, I would say. Too many stupid cases... I only wanna see Black Organization, and there's not enough of that. No one wants to see the Detective Boys doing stuff... They're annoying. The cases with Heji or Katou Kid are pretty good, though.

4. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

That's exactly why people keep reading it regardless of the lack of BO stories buddy. :zaru

Also Stupid cases? What about the case when Shinichi returns to his normal body once or the case when Ran/Rachel's dad solves a case all by himself. :C Especially, the one case involving the song moonlight Sonata. :C

5. Kalle85 Member

Okay, you're right. Those were pretty good. But you have to admit, that every case involving the Detective Boys, kinda sucks. They're annoying as hell. The BO should kill them.

BTW: Who voted for Shinichi's Dad or Doctor Agasa as the Boss? :laugh

6. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

Only two chapters left till the BO make their reappearance :occa :occa :occa

KINDA? They suck ass and ballsack.

I hate Ayumi and Genta :C

Tho I guess they're there to balance the age difference between audiences that watches/read the series. Either way I hate them. Especially, that filler in the anime with them being stuck in the mall. God that was gay. :pek

I hope so too :pek

7. TruEorFalse_21 wnts a cstm ttle bt cnt fnd 1

Whut? I like the detective boys they are the best part of the manga, and I could care less about the BO all of that has gone beyond completely ridiculous, it's total nonsense. That said I recognize it's a necessary part of the manga, but still ... wtf?

8. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

A question about Detective Conan: Is the story actualy moving somewhere ?

I used to watch the anime alot, but even then the low amount of main plot related episode irked me , but from what I gather, this Gosho bloke does it in the manga to . Of course that was a bit ago, so I would wanna ask if there were any progressions, I don't mind being spoilered if ya spoiler tag it to avoid others screaming at you .

9. RivFader Banned

I'm also interested in this matter as I want to pick up the Detective Conan manga soon. Over 650 chapters with mostly pointless cases would be kind if demotivating...

10. Shiron BOING!!! Advisor

Yeah, the manga's pretty much the same. The actual plot only ever moves like every 25-50 chapters nowadays. If you don't really want to read the filler chapters though, and want to just read the actual plot chapters, then you can just follow this guide, using the key at the top:
    http://www.dctp.ws/actual.html

It's not quite up to date, but it should help at least.

11. m o l o k o &#803

I would like to know why Conan looked so shocked at the end of 699 when Ayumi mentioned she saw Akai.
    Is it because Conan knew he was "dead" or did Akai just pretend to be killed and is now acting different from what he and Conan planned...?

There are some volumes which are not that worth reading when you?re only interested in how the main plot is progressing, but I wouldn?t recommend to just skip them, because there may be "climaxes" (like volume 42, for example) but I wouldn?t miss the less exciting cases, since even in them sometimes something important is mentioned.
    Usually, a case includes 3 files: "Series Part One", "Series Part Two" and "Series Resolution". These cases are mostly simple case occurs-murderer is searched-case closed- stories, but, as I said, I think you should still read them. Any case with less than 3 parts, you can easily skip without missing anything, while you really have to read a case with more than 3 chapters.

12. Shiron BOING!!! Advisor

I really have no clue. Shinichi wasn't ever told about Akai being believed to be dead. He could have been told off screen, but Jodie and co didn't really want to talk about it. The only thing I can figure, is that sometime after his apparent death Akai somehow explained to Conan that he tricked the Black Organization into thinking he's dead and is taking up a disguise as a result (as Okiya) through some sort of code or message (or otherwise Shinichi simply picked up on some hints that gave it away). If that's the case, then Shinichi could simply be shocked as to why Akai would have abandoned his disguise at the bank, and be considering the bank-Akai to be a fake.

Beyond it being something like that, I have no idea why Conan would be shocked by Akai having been there, unless it's just something like him managing to figure out by some hints from Jodie's and the FBI's behavior that Akai apparently died, and being shocked at news that Akai appears to be alive, particularly a place where Jodie was present (and I believe that Haibara was also there, so he may be having thoughts about the "Akai" Ayumi saw bieng Vermouth or one of the other Black Org members closing in on her).

13. RWB Royal Wrecking Ball

Sonoko. She's just obfuscating stupidity! I mean, we've seen several times that when she actually puts her mind to it, she's actually smart.
    Of course, she's too young to be the original leader... but she isn't the original one. She killed him and took his place, using her disguising skills(learned from Kaitou Kid offscreen).

This is a joke, for all those who do not get that...

14. Shiron BOING!!! Advisor

No... Kaito Kid himself is the boss of the Black Organization. That "gentleman thief who never kills" stuff is all an act. :LOS

15. m o l o k o &#803

Oh, btw... join the Detective Conan FC!:hehee

16. Suzuku Well-Known Member

Way too long to get into. Is Conan still a kid or has he found a way to grow up yet?

17. RivFader Banned

I was watching the dub in my country back then, but there weren't new episode because the TV company decided that this was too brutal to be aired in German TV :argh
    Anyway, how many episodes are there and did they try to animate the whole series or did they have an filler ending like FMA?

18. Dragonpiece Member

This is the only manga I know wich has filler in the story itself lol. I got into this show by it being free and on demand. So can anyone summarize and spoiler what happens after when that new kid comes too conan school and afterwards please?

19. m o l o k o &#803

Episodes are being reaired in Germany for quite some time now.

They are still animating, no filler ending in sight.
    You will probably find all information you want at dconan.de (http://dconan.net/).

20. RivFader Banned

Thanks for the information. Since I haven't watched TV for quite a while now I missed the reairing.

21. m o l o k o &#803

It probably doesn´t help that it´s aired to a time when normal people have other things to do than watching TV.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  22. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

For anyone interested in german censorship and edit stupidity (mandatory shortening of every episode individualy instead of just having a shorter opening and doing it once- this decision stil baffles, it defies all logic and the very basics of reality itself . Like Orqwith, except that it sucks beyond suck (anyone who pinpoints the two comics tose references came out of shall be repped for being a good boy :awesome)) on Conan, as well as On Piec and the like and can speak german, go to animedigital.de by the way .

Oh, on the subject of the Detective Boys : kinda meh, all episodes seem the same . Well, one had bears , but it also had stupid emotional stuff, so .....but the old hunter guy I kinda liked . Over all, though, these are less enjoyable then the others .

As for the endless array of cases, while it may disturb me a bit that the actual plot seems dead and burried at times ,watching the show was realy pleasant, like watching an anime version of a show like "It's murder she wrote" or "Columbo " . Okay, a few things I found to be kinda stupid, but overall certainly entertaining enough and providing something to look forward to, while not being to conected .

But letting Sonoko solve cases and no one being even slightly confused about it , that was real stupid .

23. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

Here's my whole take on the multiple filler cases

To Gosho-sama he wants to make a series as long as Sherlock Holmes series is or surpass him since that's the whole premise of Detective Conan.

24. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

Btw any of you guys think Eisuke is apart of the Black Organization the way he suspected Kogoro of not being responsible for solving all his cases while everyone else was too dumb to take notice of it is a bit on the o_O side. Also when he was looking for Rena you can't help but think it's also on the Organization's behalf as well. Also when he found out Conan's true identity it's like tat the BO sent Bourbon to spy on him.

25. Shiron BOING!!! Advisor

Not really... Just can't see it: It's just not his character to me. Eisuke's dad was a CIA agent: that's where he gets it from. Plus, if he was a member of the Black Organization, he would have known about Rena and her being Kir and such, and wouldn't have had to look for her (beyond looking for the hospital she was in, I mean: He would have known who she was, and been aware of who and where she was up to that point, which it seems he didn't). Plus, there's no way the Black Org would keep someone as clumsy as him around.

Basically, I suppose Eisuke is no more likely to be a member of the Black Organization than a person like Hattori is to me.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  26. Kalle85 Member

Chapter 700 is out: http://www.onemanga.com/Detective_Conan/700/

Great start. I hope the stuff with the BO goes longer than 5 Chapter.

27. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

Scarred Akai and Okiya in the same room :argh

Gin is pissed that Akai ain't dead

Kir is in for a rude awakening

*Hyperventilates and collapses from all the win in the chapter*

28. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

So which one do you think is Akai you guys?

The scarred guy with the hat or Okiya Subaru?

29. m o l o k o &#803

...:hehee

30. Kalle85 Member

Spoiler:
    FILE701 Red and the 13 Hints

In the midst of bomb case inference.

Information that a man who seemed to be Akai entered the
    department store is gripped. Gin will let Chianti snipe him.
    "I will judge with these eyes whether or not that person is a ghost."
    "If it is not a ghost... at that time, it will be you who becomes
    a departed spirit... Kir."

And a cam pic:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z52/Conan316/DC Manga/16-3.jpg (http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z52/Conan316/DC%20Manga/16-3.jpg)