1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  2. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  3. Fanclubs Reorganisation:
    We're consolidating the fanclub subsections on 07/08/2017. For more information, visit this thread
  4. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  5. Think you have the best waifu? Come and prove that your waifu is the best in the first ever NF Waifu Competition!
    Please submit any and all notifications in the link below: "
    NF Waifu Popularity Tournament

6. The latest NF Newsletter is out (August), read it here
  7. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

8. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Detective Conan

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Bender, Jun 29, 2009.

Who do you think is the Black organization boss?

1. Dr. Agasa

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Shinichi's dad

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Shinichi Kudo

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Gin

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Vermouth

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Someone else

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

Even if Aoyoma decided to end things here and now, completely excising the filler that has taken up 90% of this manga, it would still take at least 100 chapters before it reaches a satisfactory ending. More than likely though, it will go on as long as Aoyoma wants it to. It keeps getting worse, but there's no end in sight.

2. stream Do something, Naruto!

I think you are misunderstanding. The usual day-to-day cases that are unrelated to the black organization are not filler; they are the manga. It is the same as usual detective stories, where a new case is solved every episode, with some thin threads connecting the episodes.

Otherwise, it's like watching Quantum Leap and dismissing as filler any episode which does not involve Sam finally getting back his original body, i.e. all of them...

It's an endless strategy :wink

3. wibisana still newbie

circular plot that will never end.
    seriusly I used to like the manga and anime

4. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

Any case that you can skip without even noticing that you skipped it is filler in my book. You're just using the term differently. And yes, filler can be entertaining, but I feel like the cases keep getting worse. Aoyoma seems to have played all of his cards. We just recently had a case which hinged upon the time it took for the froth of a glass of beer to dissapear. There was nothing else distinctive about that case. I'm saying that it's gotten to the point where I don't enjoy any of the cases that serve as filler (by my definition of filler). Worse yet, the cases that do actually progress the plot have gotten worse. After all of that buildup to the case where Bourbon was revealed, it all ended with the status quo staying pretty much the same. Almost nothing was resolved, and it even raised more questions than it answered.

So we have a series with bad filler that takes up 90% of the run time, and the 10% that used to make people keep reading has declined in worth. I much preferred the first several volumes in the series, where it seemed like Aoyoma was at least trying to progress the plot. Perhaps it's just nostalgia, but the filler cases from back then seemed a lot better too.

Yes, that is my username. What are you trying to say?

5. wibisana still newbie

he meant circle plot, alike Simpson that a year actually never passed
    it is "endless" strategy
    people will just keep reading and reading

6. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

Ah, he said it without context, so it was confusing.

7. Golden Witch C204

At this point I really just wanna know who Anokata is.:-(
    As long as it's not the troll option with Genichiro.

8. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

I'm kind of hoping this gets an ending eventually so that the writer can get back to Magic Kaitō.

9. BlueDemon Demon

How popular is Conan in Japan nowadays, anyway? I mean, as long as it sells, Aoyama will continue this shit. And I won't be catching up. Thank God there's a site where the plot relevant chapters are listed (although I don't know if it's still up-to-date), but this manga doesn't really motivate me anymore...

10. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

The only chapters that interest me these days are the ones with the kids (because they're light-hearted and I generally like their interaction), Kaitou Kid, and the ones that are actually relevant to the plot.

11. Golden Witch C204

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=539198&show=0

12. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

The kids were always among my least favorite characters. Kaitou is cool, but like everything else in the plot he's gotten repetitive and stale. It doesn't help that there is absolutely no suspense during his cases, since it's obvious by this point that he will never be caught. Up until the Bourbon reveal case I also anticipated the cases that were plot relevant, but as I said, that one was rather disappointing. So now none of them interest me.

13. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

I think I figured out who the Black Organization boss is.

According to Gosho Aoyama he expected his manga to end after 3 measly months. So basically take that piece of information and cipher through the characters that debuted over the last 3 months.

I think

Spoiler:
    It's Shiratori

If not that.

Someone go to Japan and get Gosho Aoyama's ex-wife drunk since it's said that she know who the Black Organization boss is.

14. Golden Witch C204

First appearance was in chapter 208, volume 21, 1998.
    Wasn't even a planned character but intended as movie character only that happened to get a chance.

If he'd be in the police I'd go with:
    Spoiler:
    Takagi or Yokomizo.

Especially Yokomizo.

15. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

Eh I dun think Takagi could be the BO boss. His cell phone doesn't match the BO boss.

Plus Conan's been with him so when he's dialed his cell phone I'm sure he'd recognize if it was the BO boss's.

Also nevermind on who I said before.

I'm thinking it's one of the minor characters from the three months which the manga premiered.

16. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

Ridiculous, that a boss of a crime syndicate would exhaust much of their time every day in a place that even working at would be a risk, just to have a good cover.

17. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Agreed, but I appreciate how the writer can still constantly come up with new tricks for Kaitou. Even if the formula is the same each time, the tricks keep it fresh.

18. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

It's always been impressive, that Aoyoma can come up with such intricate cases on a weekly basis. The problem is that something that's impressive the first time is only passable the tenth. And instead of stepping up the game, Detective Conan's been on the decline for a while.

19. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Yeah. That's the thing; the author is just milking the series at this point and waiting until it peaks before he actually makes plot progression. It'd be really cool if the two organizations Kaito and Shinichi were working against were part of the same branch, though, and the two had to work together.

20. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

We haven't really seen much of them, but Kaitou's organization seems to be far more cartoony and incompetent than the Black Organization. I guess if Magic Kaitou isn't canon in Detective Conan he could put the group in after making changes to it.

21. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

That's true. Though, Gosho could easily just retcon it and go down the route the anime specials have gone and make them actually threatening, since the anime has an original character named 'Spider', who is pretty intimidating as a villain. Or would be, if we didn't always know he was going to lose.

22. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

Or actually ya know the most sensible person to be the boss of the Black Organization?

Spoiler:
    Juzo Megure

I mean he's always there.

Also we've never seen his cell phone or be called up.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  23. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

The guy who has risked his life on more than one occasion when it was not necessary, simply to make sure justice was done? The guy who works round the clock, making any interaction with the Black Organization difficult to manage? The man that, even in his off hours, would have to keep a secret life from his wife? The man that Shinichi has called on several occasions, making the Black Organization's lack of knowledge on him inexplicable? The man who has next to nothing to gain from such a position? If you are seriously considering this theory, I don't think you've stopped to think about it for even 30 seconds.

24. Farschad P The Perser I AM LIGHTNING "RAIDEN"

The main problem of DC is that they become more and more like Pok?mon.In the beginning they had really awesome Plot and Filler cases with a right amount sense of humor but like Pokemon you feel they stopped the Plot and the Characters in terms of Character development.

Ran?s character was never good but if she would have developed as the main heroine she could be ok nowadays. Right now Ran is easily the worst character in the series, she is basically the Sakura of DC.

Shinichi became worse to, he basically had no Character development and so when it gets to the relationship parts he acts like a retard.But somehow you feel in the beginning you could feel he was at the brink of maturing in that department.

25. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Well. To be fair, the Ran and Shinichi relationship got an upgrade during the London arc, so you can't say there's no development whatsoever in that department.

26. Farschad P The Perser I AM LIGHTNING "RAIDEN"

Even there Gosho handled it bad because Ran could not reply to Shinichi as she wanted not ruin the moment.And so they progressed maybe 5% in their relationship after 700 chapters!

27. Golden Witch C204

The real name of the organization also reveals who Anokata is.
    In other words, his true identity has something quite noteworthy.

Personally my fav candidate is still
    Spoiler:
    Yusaku Kudo.

I'm not much of a believer of:
    "Anokata is one of the Detective Boys that also took the Serum."

28. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

So what the dude has a secret life. Plus Gosho said the boss of the organization is someone whom even Ai would be surprised by. I mean so he has a wife. Who's to say that he's cheating on her. He's probably like Heavy Rain's

Spoiler:
    Scott Shelby

and has that double life.

29. Heretic Active Member

I highly doubt Anokata's been revealed yet. Most of the guesses for him so far don't make sense, or are contradicted by something in the manga.

I am curious about him though. For a man to boss around and be superior to Gin of all people - and bear in mind, Gin's mind can be as sharp as Kudou's in some scenes - must be highly impressive. I think the person closest in skill to him would indeed be Shinichi's father, but that doesn't make him a likely candidate still.

What site is this?

30. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Anokata

If he expected it to not last no longer than 3 months, it's only logical to say that he made an appearance early in the manga.