1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Devil Fruit Rankings

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Cardboard Jewsuke, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

Please vote here: fastest man alive at the time

Let me know if I missed any obvious ones. I tried to avoid unnamed fruits with 1 or 2 exceptions.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Tags:
  2. Vivo Diez Well-Known Member

If it's regardless of user, Yami Yami no mi should take a huuuuge fall.

3. Typhon "The Roaring Tide"

4. GilDLax Well-Known Member

Weird choice of words. ''Regardless of user'' means even Buggy eating fruit X should still beat Shanks eating fruit Y if you rank X>Y...

Maybe ''ceteris paribus'' or ''independent of user'' is better.

5. Vivo Diez Well-Known Member

Better phrasing would be. If identical Buggy 1 ate fruit x, and identical Buggy 2 ate fruit y, which Buggy would come out on top?

Still, fruits like Yami need a very resilient user. So are we talking about the weakest possible person wielding all of these fruits, or how well it would perform in each tier on average?

Average top tier could make it into the strongest fruit, but the average low-mid tier would be fucked. Average out how well it would perform in different tiers and you'd have a ranking imo.

6. Bernkastel Welcome child of man

Dis you really not include the mero mero no mi? Petrification is broken not to mention its an insult to the goddess:blobshrug

7. Vivo Diez Well-Known Member

Noro Noro no mi is an arguably stronger version of the Mero Mero.

8. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

9. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

I think they should each be voted as if they were used to their fullest possible potential.

I've added both of these.

10. Vivo Diez Well-Known Member

11. Acnologia Dragon King

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    Yami Yami is the strongest

12. GilDLax Well-Known Member

Yeah, ceteris paribus. I guess even ''indiependent of user'' is incorrect since DFs cannot act on their own so we must have a user.

But a new problem arises: what kind of user are we using here? A completely normal human? Buggy? Shanks?

I mean for Shanks, giving him PigZoan or Magma hardly matters since the guy himself is already a monster. It would just be like asking Shanks vs Akainu. Obviously we know Magma>PigZoan anyday but it's not guaranteed MagmaShanks beats PigShanks cause Shanks at base can already fight MagmaAkainu...and so fighting himself with magma fruit is not that different. He just uses his usual CoA to fight the magma.

On the other hand for a completely normal human? Logia >>>> everything.

13. Bernkastel Welcome child of man

Not even close.. Noro gives room for the oppponent to act.. You cant while being a statue

14. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

It's just a poll for fun, don't get all wrapped up in silly semantics. I am not writing a chapter on how to answer this one question.

Vote what you think the order is using your criteria for the "Strongest Devil Fruit".

15. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

Assuming the Yami is what allows him to use more then one devil fruit it easily the best.

Otherwise Op Op no mi is broken as hell.

16. Louis-954 Well-Known Member

Marco said it's because Teach has an 'atypical body'.

17. GilDLax Well-Known Member

I'm merely discussing with Vivo Diez. You don't have to pay attention to that. Besides it's not silly semantics given the reasons I stated.

And now you changed the question...fullest potential on its own or with additional abilities? I mean with CoA you can strengthen a lot of things. Blockmochi for example. Without CoA mochi fruit on its own cannot deal that much damage.

I think both.

His strange body is what allows him to house 2 DFs but it's the Yami fruit that takes WB's power and transfers it to his body safely

18. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

Up to you, i am not going to try and dictated paragraphs of guidelines for the question. I just changed it back to the basic question without any qualifiers.

19. Acnologia Dragon King

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    CoA nullify Law´s fruit.

Spatial Hax is OP,yes,but not when it get nullifyt

20. Typhon "The Roaring Tide"

I'm just saying. In a fighting manga like this with already super human characters, the ability to shift your weight is hilariously busted. Give Sanji the kilo fruit, he's top tier. Give Garp the fruit? God tier

21. Vivo Diez Well-Known Member

The physical based DF attacks that he does, but I'm pretty sure he can still do spacial manipulation.

The only reason I didn't put his fruit at the top spot is it's limited range. I'd imagine even in the hands of a top tier you couldn't regularly go past the size of an island and your ranged options outside out of the DF area aren't extraordinary. Meanwhile with the Gravity and Tremor fruits you could possibly crush an island completely from a safe distance.

22. GilDLax Well-Known Member

Oda's modus operandi is "I can make a bunch of hax fruits but giving serious and strong fighters those fruits would be too broken so I will nerf them by distributing them to joke/weak/shit-for-brain characters and letting them fight their worst enemies or put them into plot-heavy situations''

Noro fruit? Give to Foxy

Horo fruit that can make Akainu on his knees and lament his life like low-life dirt? Give to Perona and lets her fight Usopp her perfect counter.
    Btw CoA would not do shit to the ghost, I'm sure. Those ghosts do not even have a real bodies to touch to begin with. They are literally intangible/incorporeal. It would be like Luffy vs Prometheus.

Art fruit and toy fruit that can turn people useless? Give it to Sugar and Jola who would be counterd by Usopp and Brook (Jola is stupid as fuck)

Paw fruit that can send you directly into the sea and one-shot any DF user? Give it to a guy whose brain is not normal anymore.

Soul fruit? Give it to BM...

23. charles101 Well-Known Member

The strongest DF = fruit that would make fodder much, much stronger very easily or one with the highest potential/versatility?

24. Vivo Diez Well-Known Member

I wonder if the projectile speed of Mero Mero and Noro Noro is dependent on the strength of the user.

25. GilDLax Well-Known Member

Give Arlong the magma fruit and it's not like he suddenly can keep up with WB the way Akainu did.
    On the other hand both Kizaru and Enel surely can control their light and lightning speed so that they don't hurt people those two don't want to hurt. Kizaru makes a light saber (basically light standing still) and I'm sure Enel can just make lightning animal that walk 3m/s if he wants to.

Same applies to Mero and Noro, I think.

Those beam may have a minimum speed that anyone eats it would immediately have but from there I think training matters to speed it up or slow it down.
    Which is why Oda couldn't possibly give Noro fruit to a top-tier because he would rule the world. Imagine PrimeGarp has that fruit...PrimeGarp by himself should be able to fight anyone. Add in that fruit and anyone fighting him is forced use full-body Hardening CoA through out the fight or they risk getting stomped being touched by it just once which messes up their movement. Which in turn means like G4 they have to use too much Haki and deplete it faster than Garp.

GG!!!

Or PrimeGarp having the Horo fruit of Perona LOL Fodderize Roger and PrimeWB, really...

26. Thdyingbreed Rampaging Beast

The Goro no mi better be in 2nd/3rd place that fruit would be absurdly OP in the hands of a top tier I mean just look at what it grants Enel.

Extended his COO range to island level, enables the user to restart there heart, lightning speed travel, and among the highest DC in the series.

That fruit would be godly in the hands of an admiral. :ufdup

27. Kaneda30 Well-Known Member

Any fruit that can mean a OHKO. From that list Toys (Sugar) and Paws (Kuma) are the strongest.
    One mistake and you are a toy or in the middle of the ocean. Your physical endurance won't help, so you need great haki, especially CoO. One slip of concentration, one distraction and you are out.

28. GilDLax Well-Known Member

That's his own CoO. The lightning fruit only lets him hear talk.

29. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

Really good showing for the Gasu Gasu no Mi and Doku Doku no Mi so far!

30. shinjojin Master of the Holy fist

*Doesn't see Hana Hana no mi on that list*

Well in that case I'll just go with the Gura Gura no mi, Op Op no mi, and the Hobi Hobi no mi (since there is a lot of potential there as well) as the the top 3.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018