1. img
    Voting is live in the Art Lounge Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We consider ideas for a brand name. You can probably come up with a good one. Click. Within cells, interlinked.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

PC PS4 XB1 Devil May Cry 5 - THE TIME HAS COME

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Deathbringerpt, Jun 10, 2018.

What kind of future DLC do you want added in Devil May Cry 5?

1. Extra characters (Vergil, Lady, Trish, etc..)

8.3%
  2. Extra content (Missions, Modes, etc..)

8.3%
  3. Both, you fuckin' asshole!

83.3%
  1. Deathbringerpt

That was dissapointing, to be honest. The artstyle is honestly ass and focusing just on Nero isn't really the way to go. And her black assistant is fucking insufferable.

That's pretty much EXACTLY how I thought they'd change Nero. Defining black color, short hair and a cockier attitude.

I just wasn't expecting a worse looking Scalebound. I'm afraid for REmake 2's visuals now.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Tags:
  2. Deathbringerpt

And Dante looking like the original cut design of 4's Dante is NOT the way to go, Capcom.

3. Courier Six

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Damn that looks ugly :lmao

4. Shiba D. Inu

PC mods to replace the models with DMC4 ones

:LOS

5. Charlotte D. Kurisu Moderator

Ok on second glance and knowing for sure this is a sequel, I dig it. Nero's change is welcomed, and gilf Dante is still his same old self. This is obviously post DMC2, so finally the plot is moving forward. The setting and aesthetics will need some getting used to, but the gameplay looks tight and the crazy set pieces are returning so that's a plus. Also, as much as I dig the new chick, MILF Lady and Trish need a comeback.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. FriendofJedi

Aw, Nero looked cooler in DMC4. And why is his demon arm now robotic?

Edit: never mind about the arm, it's fine if it's before the events of DMC4

7. Shiba D. Inu

if no Trish/Lady = :catgun

anyway I'll probably get used to it, but first impression not what I wanted

8. Charlotte D. Kurisu Moderator

It's so obviously after the events of DMC4. There was even a flashback of his Devil Bringer in the trailer. Something happened where he lost it during the timeskip.

9. Linkmyboy72

Still not gonna break past 2 million, compared to God of War. Be funny if Bayo 3 has better game play.

10. FriendofJedi

Not happy about the change, thought it might become something more. I hope the gameplay will be amazing

11. Vermilion Kn

12. Deathbringerpt

Nero's gameplay is familiar as fuck but with all those new moves on top. The mech arm is doing everything the Devilbringer did and a whole lot more. I think they turned the Chronos key into an actual move since there was an enemy time stop with a gear effect.

The look of it, though....Jesus Christ. And I don't even mind Nero, he's more his own guy than a failed Vergil/Dante mix even with that butterface but I really mind literally EVERYTHING ELSE.

13. Deathbringerpt

Nero losing the DevilBringer is the only way Vergil could come back, anyway. Since it's literally the motherfucker. I obsessed so much over 5 that plenty of personal theories of mine ended up happening.

Mecharm looks pretty sweet.

The game looks ASS.

Ech.

I'm seriously modding the fuck out of this game. It'll be hardcore plastic surgery. Anime asthetics do not go hand in hand with realistic graphics, it's bad cosplay.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  14. Shiba D. Inu

the new girl looks and sounds like ass compared to Trish and Lady tbh

eh

15. Charlotte D. Kurisu Moderator

I also see some inspiration from Bayonetta with regards to the presentation and music. Especially from the chick. Some gameplay elements too.

16. Shiba D. Inu

even if this fails - we still have Bayo 3

:catroll

17. Deathbringerpt

It won't fail. What little gameplay we saw was tight as shit.

The problem is that it looks like shit.

Like what? I saw Nero missile riding which felt like his devilbringer counters.

I also saw that time stop, a mech fist string body pierce and an electric hand explosion.

18. Shiba D. Inu

so exactly like MvC:I

:skully

19. Deathbringerpt

20. Deathbringerpt

I'm starting to think Nero rides a missile that his arm shoots.

Noice.

21. Linkmyboy72

This looks like fancy DMC2 mechanics with a DMC4 look.

22. Charlotte D. Kurisu Moderator

Cleaner trailer.

I am mainly talking about the camera. correct me if I am wrong, but the camera angles only changed during boss fights in DMC4. Or maybe that's just the video editing for the trailer.

23. Charlotte D. Kurisu Moderator

Eh.. There's definitely a clash of styles here, but it doesn't look like complete cancer like MvCI. Hardly the same thing. If anything this looks even better than Monster Hunter World graphics-wise.

24. Shiba D. Inu

graphics are ok, but I honestly hated the designs at first look .. I actually thought this was DmC 2 for a short while

maybe I need to rewatch it a 100 times until it grows on me :hm

25. Deathbringerpt

Main artpiece at the top. Nero at the center while Dante and Vergil corner him. All of them gotta be playable.

This hype is like a guilty boner.

26. Shiba D. Inu

show me new Vergils face

I-I can take it :gglife

27. sworder

“A brand new entry in the legendary over-the-top action series comes to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC in Spring 2019, complete with its signature blend of high-octane stylized action and otherworldly and original characters the series is known for. Director Hideaki Itsuno and the core team have reunited to create the most over the top, technically advanced, utterly insane action experience of this generation.

Years have passed since the legions of hell have set foot in this world, but now a new demonic invasion has begun, and humanity’s last hope will rest in the hands of three lone demon hunters, each offering a radically different play style. United by fate and a thirst for vengeance, these demon hunters will have to face their demons in the hope to survive.”

Following is the feature list, promising gameplay that fans of the series will love:

• Legendary action series returns – The 16 million unit selling series is back with original Director Hideaki Itsuno at the helm of development.
    • A battle of good and evil – A demonic invasion begins with the seeds of a “demon tree” taking root in Red Grave City. This hellish incursion attracts the attention of the young demon hunter, Nero, an ally of Dante who now finds himself without his demonic arm, the source of much of his power. The supernatural family drama also continues as Dante, the Son of Sparda, seeks revenge for his brother’s corruption and mother’s murder.
    • High octane stylized action – Featuring three playable characters each with a radically different stylish combat play style as they take on the city overrun with demons.
    • Groundbreaking graphics – Developed with Capcom’s in-house proprietary RE engine, the series continues to achieve new heights in fidelity with graphics that utilize photorealistic character designs and stunning lighting and environmental effects.
    • Take down the demonic invasion – Battle against epic bosses in adrenaline fueled fights across the over-run Red Grave City.
    • Demon hunter – Nero, one of the series main protagonists and a young demon hunter who has the blood of Sparda, heads to Red Grave City to face the hellish onslaught of demons, with weapons craftswoman and new partner-in-crime, Nico.

28. Xhominid

Alright, it's time for me to get straight into thought process territory, spoilers for DMC4 and DMC2.

Spoiler:
    Now at first I thought this was a theory with only a few things about it that makes sense...

Until I realized how everything fits together after DMC 2 and DMC 4.

In DMC4, Dante practically tries to take Yamato from Nero multiple times because he believes Nero isn't ready yet and that he isn't worthy of it.
    Of course after proving himself, he let's Nero have Yamato when he tries to give it back to Dante and Nero asks if he will ever see him again.

DMC2 meanwhile, ENDS with Dante riding a motorcycle into Hell after defeating the Despair Embodied?

Why am I saying this? Because not only is Dante looking even older than he did in DMC2 driving a motorcycle, but what is the Van that Nero and that woman is driving has the name on it? Devil May Cry.

The name of Dante's business.

Dante most likely before DMC2 basically gave control of the business to Nero before he left for Hell and whatever is happening is so massive, Dante has returned from Hell to deal with it.

And as some people may be saying as well as why the villain aimed for Nero's arm...is most likely Vergil from back from the grave(since Yamato is sealed within the Devil Bringer for Nero's use).

Honestly, it's just too much sense if it's really after DMC2.

29. Deathbringerpt

Spring 2019. Enough time to get a new gaming rig.

30. Shiba D. Inu

where is Trish, Lady and even Kyrie :gglife