1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo 2. love it? hate it? and do u still play it?

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Ssj3_Goku, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Ssj3_Goku

So who here loves diablo 2? I can tell u i sure hell do.. I remeber back in 10th grade or maybe 9th i got the game and for like 2 to 3 years i never left it. The game is that addicting ladies and gentelmen.. Was my first online game ever but still this hack and slash from blizzard rocked my world and still does!

I do admit i do not play it as much as i used to.. during the first 2 years of playing it i put over 2500 hours ( no im not kidding u) i was wired on mountain dew back in the day drinking at least 24 to 32 cans a day! i seriously had a caffine problem and had to stop after a while i acculy cut it down to 12 then after the docter visits :(

I play on the East Server i have soo many accounts and all and i think my main one expired allready ( college took up alot of time) so i plan to start up sooner or later starting from scratch again on a ladder character ( ladder chars are from the 1.10 patch) from the whole time i played this game i had at least 10 99's, 20 to 25 lvl 80's and about 30 lvl 75's total .. My best class was proably the sorceror and assasin with a close second sometimes first.

Do u play this game? if so let me hear ur thoughts!

Tags:
  2. Ephemeral

I'ved play D2 but only LOD. I bought the expansion when I was like..16? and borrowed my friend's D2, after that was the addiction. It came like this, wake up, D2, sleep and on school day's, well just add school after wake up. I totally can't remember what I had but I believe I had a lvl 96 Elemental Druid and other characters lvl 80+.

Finally, I got addicted to CounterStrike and D2 went away. I always feel like playing it again but installing it again takes too long =P. Overall, this game is addicting and awesome, if you people haven't played it, well play it.

3. Misk

I loved D2 and its expansion it was fun playing on both servers and always seem to satisy my boredness when needed

4. Ssj3_Goku

we should start a narutofan clan!

5. CrazyMoronX

I've already stated my undying love for Diablo II, and Starcraft... but now that we have a special thread for it...

I bought D2 the first day it came out. I played it almost non-stop up to LOD which I also bought the day it came out. I played that non-stop up to about a year ago. I'm pretty much burnt out on it now, but man this game was awesome.

I never got to lvl 99 though, never had the motivation. I usually just created more and more character builds and such. My highest ever was a lvl 87 Javazon I think...

6. Zhongda

heh.. i know some one (on this forum) that reached a level 80 warrior in one day :oh
    believe it..

yeah i love the game.. iam playin it for 2 weeks now.. a level 18 necromancer -_-

7. mgrace

I was thinking of buying it but I dont know if I have the time... or the connection speed... Maybe when I get broadband I may play it....

8. Noex

correction: 70 lvls on 12h and it was hard we where only 3 persons and played alone, no other help :D ahhahaah thats hardcore for ya, but i love the game, and i still play it alittle but i really hope diablo 3 comes out heheh cant w8 :p

9. Zhongda

hahaha thats right.. sorry i thought it was 80 XD
    du ager m8

10. Noex

well if u do it the right way everyone can do it, just lvl op to 20 then cow to 25 then baal runs to 40 then rush in nightmare, then baal runs to 75 or more, then rush in hell then baal runs to 99 :D thats the fastest way hahahaha

11. CrazyMoronX

I liked D2 before it was nothing but cow and baal runs... the old school Act4 days were fun, the Barbarian + Lance was good while it lasted.... D2 classic was probably marginally better than LOD... but I think I played LOD more.

Even though classic D2 was wildly unbalanced, it made getting uber characters that much easer... Hammerdin, Ice Orb Sorc, Lance Barb, Javazon, Strafezon, Bowzon, they were all great... Necromancer has never been too wildly powerful, but he is still good with CE now.... I'll probably never play D2 very hardcore anymore, but... I might pick it back up.

And yes, they need to make D3 SOON. I don't like WC3, I don't like WoW, I'm not looking foward to SC Ghost that much...

Either D3 or SC 2 would work I suppose... but D3 has a better chance of not sucking.

12. Jones

i'll love the game forever but i sold it because i got to addicted to it

13. Inuyashamish

i play on US east every once in a while to keep my chars from expiring. my name is infested_ghost9.

14. TDM

I forogt when I started playing it, 3rd grade? Well whatever year it first came out, and it was at my friends house lol. Don't play it anymore, but there has never been a game that I have ever been more addicted to. 7-8 hours a day starting at 8 am for every day from June to late August. Of course I love it.

15. Angelus

D2 will forever be one of my favourite games. I still like to play it form time to time, but only on Singleplayer. I played on the B-net for a few months, but the the B-net has been overwhelmed by Idiots, Brats and Cheater. It seems that everyone has Dupe Items or a Map-Hack. And because of all these cheater and idiots the game is almost unplayable on the B-net. Oh, and let's not forget the Baalrun-Bots...

16. Ssj3_Goku

well since 1.10 came out its acculy alot better to play on ladder chars.. Dupes are not as common as they where before and the maphack is not that big of a deal.

o and the method of rushing change... basically Cow runs suck anymore since 1.10 sad i miss hear moo's allthe time .. then again i had nightmares about those danm cows i killed so many!

17. Noex

well the 1.10 patch is easy as i said just lvl normal to 20 then cow in normal to 25 then baal runs to 40 then rush in nightmae then baal runs to 70 then rush hell then baal runs to 99 its the fastest way, the 1.09 sux coz the chars are unbalanced and u could just entered a cow game and stand there to reach like 50 lvls in 10 mins, and about the necromancer just do a BONEnecro and u rock both in dmg and def or just summoning with curses ahahah but if u want a high dmg just do a trapperassa. with that lightning sentrey or the last one hehehe or just do a Blizzsorc ahahah they rock, hammerdin also rock with the right EQ. or a IKbarb THEY absoulutly rock!!!

18. Ssj3_Goku

back in the day i have my lighting sor with a lvl 41 nova, lvl 41 t strom and a lvl 41 lighting mastery.. .yea she was a beast until 1.10 came out :(

19. TDM

All I remember is my friend tlking about how he coulchars to lvl 99 in one day. Those were the days... then I started and got my account stolen because I fell for a sutpid trick. Whoever can guess it gets a rep.

20. Noex

the reply thing right

21. Duy Nguyen

I use to play D2 like crazy back in the days. I had like a PK Barb, Zon, and Sorc, and a MF Sorc all at level 90+. Had all of the best gear for all of them with a bunch of +100 and higher Small/Large Poison Charms, and a galore of SOJs. I started to hate it when Ith Blades and White Rings were created. Then I finally quit when the Great Dupression hit.

22. OniTasku

I loved Dialo 2. I used to play it non-stop. It was definantly one of the most addicting games I've played, although, unfortunantly it has long been uninstalled and the disk lost/broken/or thrown away.

23. Kami-Sama

LOL well i actually bought the game last week, and started playing it. the game as mentioned is quite addictive, and since i'm new i have no idea on the game language LOL... all i can say it is quite fun for now and hope to power up my character. so far now i have a lvl 18 necromance, since they rule in my book LOL and is like having your own little army with you.

i haven't played online yet since well.. i'm a noob..but when i get more experience with the game i will give it a try.

now that i have played this. is W3 the same as this? or there's something different on that game??

also one thing that bothers me is that the game has a fixed resolution 800x600 i think, is there someway to change that??? since i'm playing in a small box on the monitor since the monitor has 1024x768 and i have to strech(sp) the monitor each time i play and is quite bothersome :D any help would be appreciated.

24. HinataFanBoy

loved the game, play TCP/IP with my friend, shud start again, gotta find da cd tho

i want another diablo game! but wif new characters since everything is sorta borin'

25. BakaKage

OMG! love this game. I played this when it first came out until LOD. I don't play it anymore coz i lost my disc. Fave character is the Bowazon build. I also find Trapassins fun. I kinda lost interest when all the hacks and hacked items started appearing, just took the fun away from the game for me

26. Ssj3_Goku

only 2 ress's for d2.. 800 by 600 and 640 by 480. and warcraft 3 is a compleatly differant game.

27. Angelus

I don't know how it was before 1.10 so I don't know if it's any better now, but what you say about Dupe items is not true for sure. When you play on Hell there are only games like "N Soj O Hack", "N Enigma O 123.454 Ist", "O Hoto N 234 Zod" or "N tha UBER item O tha UBER Rune". And it really seems that every Pala has at least an Enigma and a Hoto and that's not possible without cheating. And if you are playing without all these super strong items, all those Brats laugh about you, because you use no cheats and write something like "U r teh No_O;b". It's not fun at all to play this game on the B-net.

28. Ssj3_Goku

Its not really that hard to get higher items.. I mean with the means of trading etc.. Plus MFING etc helps alot as well.

29. G. Hawke

Love it then and still love it now.
    Still on occasions pop it in the DVD and take it for a spin.
    I hear rumours about D3.
    Is it true?
    Pls be true. :crying

30. Noex

well we all hope its true, but blzzard is going to have soemthing in annaheim this month if im not mistaken, so if D3 is on the way they will show it up there i hope hahahah.