1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Diablo II

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Blue, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Okay, well, I know most of the losers out there are wasting their lives playing WoW, but the problems I have with this are:

1. I will never ever pay for online gaming
    2. I hear WoW is crack cocaine and I'd like to stick to the heroin.

And I was reading this thread and wondering - who's still playing D2? The reason I ask is a somewhat materialistic one - I don't want to start from scratch, and if someone could drop me some equipment, that would be great.

More importantly tho, these kind of games are always more fun with friends. So I thought I'd throw this out to test the water and see if/where I want to sign up.

Tags:
  2. furious styles ☆☆☆☆☆

....what realm you play on? ^___^

3. uncle jafuncle sustenance proxy

Same reasons I don't even want to start. All my friends are always saying, "Just try it once. You get a few days free." Yeah, those free days are meant to get you hooked so that they can get their $15.00/month or whatever the fee is. No thanks, I'll go play Warcraft 3 for free...

Anyway, I haven't played Diablo Dos for about eight months...I think I uninstalled it. I quit mostly because I couldn't find any friends still playing it. I'm the only RPGer in my group of friends that really sticks with games for years so it's hard to find people still playing those older games. Sorry I couldn't be of any help. I remember having some pretty good equipment I could have given you.:sad

4. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Historically, I played on USEast, but my accounts there are long since deleted, I'm certain. So I'm not anywhere right now.

@ Setoshi - Cool. I'll be out most of tomorrow, but maybe tomorrow morning or Sunday. :knk

5. Scorpio3.14 mmmmm....pi

lol I used to play DII all the time. Ive been playing it on and off for like 5 years or something @__@ Sadly, Im sure all my characters are deleted by now, I havnt played in a long time XD

6. furious styles ☆☆☆☆☆

i can play on east, too. =)

7. Svenjamin Twitter: svenhudec

I've just recently gotten up to the fifth act, the expansion, on nightmare difficulty with a sorceress. I LOVE using the firewall and frozen orb to slow them.

What other games do u play KnK? and what do u mean by drop you some equipment?? Do you mean you want to hack your character??? It kills the enjoyment that way trust me! It's much more rewarding and fun (which is the reason you play in the first place, right?) when you stumble across those rare yellow and gold items yourself.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  8. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

I stared up again a little while ago and all my accounts went awaY!GRRRR now its back to grinding in mephestro / baal runs again!

i made soo many characters all but one.. and that is AMAZONS! Grrr painful memories of those bums in PVP! back then they had peircing and great bows = hard to kill and cheap! but my most played are Sor's and Assaisns.

i usally play on the East Coast server. but i have to check out how well battle net likes my school connection so i will let ya know more later on.

9. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

Haha! I haven't played in like 2 years XD

I used to have a level 97 Amazon on US West, with all sorts of kickass gear my friend dropped me. I also had a level 87 Bear Druid...I always regretted not going wolf--those fuckers always owned my bear in duels. XD

Have fun on D2, KiNK :D

10. bozic Arcane Mage

Then it seems that I am one of those loser with crack addiction :mad.
    I have been playing WoW for almost a year now and I telling you that it is one of the best MMORPG out there. I can play it all day and still not getting tired off it, one time me and two friends who also play WoW stayed upp almost three days playing and talking through ventrilo it was the best three days of my life. I pay a 12.99 euro per month and I dont find that to be much money.
    To much people are just to cheap with money and to obsessed with what they use there money for. Come on people, money is just money it's not that you are paying with your life.
    I always check my bank deposit to see how much money I have, if I think that I'm losing to much money hell I just freeze my account and work extra hard to earn some more.

"1. I will never ever pay for online gaming" I also thought that I will never ever pay for a online game and then when I tried WoW I bought it directly and now I can't stop playing it.
    And finally Kiri no Kuchiki dont refer the WoW players as loser :mad you can refer the game to being bad (ohhh that hurt :crying) and just so you knew I also love to play Diablo 2 is one of the games that i like the most.

PS try WoW and you will love it :wink

11. Squirrel King Squirrel King

Yea, KnK, I was extremely anti monthly gaming, then a friend forced me to get one, and I loved it.
    If you can afford to spare the money, I highely suggest getting WoW.

But on the topic of D2. I was the D2 god back in the day. When it was first released, I plalyed the heck out of it making a level 90 Necro, had tons of good items. Sold account for 300 bucks.
    Played casually untill the expansion, but then all my characters werre above 80, and I had the best items in the game. I probably could have sold it all for another couple hundred, gave everything away to friends, sold some items to freshman for lunch money.

That was what I loved about Diablo 2. I was getting paid to play it.
    Im suprised people are still playing it! Sounds interesting, I might have to pick it up again. But like you said, it would totaly blow without friends / items to start off with.

12. Raptor Vagabond

When it got out i had a knee surgery that left me with a lot of time in my hands. finished it with 4 characters. but now... let's just say I play it when i have nothing better to do. and with a daughter that's hardly possible :amuse

But it's very good I give u that.

13. Svenjamin Twitter: svenhudec

Are you bloody serious??? :amazed $300? Like American???

Geeez the things some people spend their money on. This gives me an idea.

I'm gonna go sell my soul on Ebay and see who the hell wants to buy it and for how much! Or perhaps a better bargain would be to just sell off some random objects at home that I don't need but call them Horcruxes... mmm... wise investments :drool

14. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

I remember selling the item shako for 80 bucks to my friend lmao was he despreat and back then it was pretty hard to get i mean if u did not have SoJ's or anything. i think i sold each soj i had for 5 bucks a pop in american money.. man did i buy alot of console games etc with that :)

15. ten sa zangetsu Member

I used to play LoD but my friend stole my CD before I moved... and I got too lazy to buy another one.

16. JannetK Village idiot

Wiee, after being hacked 8 months ago, I finally started playing diablo 2 exp. again :D
    I play on Europe realm and my acc name is *tapani1 if anyone wants to play with me :)

Right now I dont have "uber" gear, only basic stuff, since I can only afford like 15 enigmas/sojs at the moment ;( ( used to have 150+ enigmas before I got hacked )

But if anyone wants to play with me, add me and whisp me, or send a PM here :D !

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2005
  17. Chas3265 Kazekage

I use to play quite often but not anymore. My brother was a freak at that game and played it non stop. Seriously he had like 5 or 6 level 99 accounts.

18. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I played Diablo II non-stop from when it came out, up to LoD. I then played that non-stop until about a year ago.

I think I've outplayed the game. I did play it for about 3 months after the new patch 1.10 hit, but quickly decided to call it quits.

The online community for the game is dead. Dueling is no longer fun, because everyone has the same things, cheats, dupes, and hacks. It's pointless these days.

The only thing that could bring me back to playing a Diablo title, is a third installation.

19. Jackal Iscariot Ero-sennin

mm....i think im gonna get it....pretty cheap right now on the stores....or maybe i should get WoW.....its fun to have money! :tem

20. Mecha-Kisame Buckle up your head belt.

Submit to the calling of WoW, I'll show you how to properly eat a volley of Elven arrows.

21. Naruto Uzamaki Wanderer

I play D2 Expansion... I'm a Druid-Shapeshifter and i kick ass. I also paly CO 1.0 It's not that bad. Pretty good.

22. ez Jesus Christ

I stopped playing d2 after my account got hacked :/ I'm pretty sure it's rampant with cheaters now, too.

23. Jackal Iscariot Ero-sennin

oh....hackers..and cheaters...and the game is pretty old.....

*is beginnin to lose the attraction for Diablo2*

well i used to play WoW before....that shizzle is like drug, DAMN O_O
    i better save the money for more important stuff like beer, my gf and more traveling :p

24. Viralcow New Member

yea I played Diablo 2 but I quit for a long... long time.
    These days I'm playing mainly Warcraft 3 and Starcraft... Footmen Frenzy 4 is soooo addicting...

WoW? I played on my friend's account but I QUIT. He was a level 56 Undead Warlock able to summon Infernals and all that cool stuff
    But basically when your level's that high, there's no change 2 ur account. You just kill and make, sell... until you're so bored you don't even want to log on...

Does anyone here play warcraft 2?
    (this is off topic...)

25. Sayo The Hedgehog

Excuse me but we're not ALL crazy korean's playing untill we die since i assume you keep hearing these stories.
    You buy a game for like 50? and play it for a couple of weeks, highly 1 or 2 months, for MMORPG's you pay less and through the month while being occupied with the same thing much longer, you spend in the end less money for sure. . .

Warcraft 3 and WoW are 2 totally different games lol.. .
    The test days are there to give u an image of the game like all the MMO games.
    Again i stick to my above written explenation . .

26. TDM Toast

For a while I was playing on Europe, but I stopped playing because I just got bored. I'd pick it back, but I'd be putting my grades at risk and I play(ed) HC Ladder anyway. =\

27. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Bumping this because I actually started anew finally. I have a lvl 26 barb, and Setoshi is here with me with his lvl 23 Paladin, and we're getting our heads handed to us.

Does anyone want to help a sister out and, like, part with some spare equipment or rush us or something? I feel naked without my lvl 86 sorc with Tal Rasha's stuff.

*pees on Celly* :strip

28. furious styles ☆☆☆☆☆

^ which realm are you on again?

Not like i could help much, all my accounts have expired. all those level 90+ chars... :cry

29. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

East.

And yeah, I've had two seprate sets of 16 80+ characters expire on me. XD

Last time was 4 years ago, tho. :s

30. furious styles ☆☆☆☆☆

Man I had some gosu shit too. Of course that's everyone's story.

Well, if I catch some time maybe I'll try to blitz through the first couple of acts and join you two.