1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Spring Diamond no Ace

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by TemplateR, May 9, 2013.

1. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

I thought they left him in at least one at bat too long. It was pretty clear by then and wouldn't have cost them as much if they made the switch then.

2. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

About time Raichi succumb to the pressure of standing on the pitchers mound. And it took Zono's batting performance to make Raichi realize that fact. Great game, but now Raichi's back on offense in a tied game. Not going to be easy especially since Miyuki's injured.

3. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

They took down both Raichi and Sanada without issue.

Something that's kind of funny is how they keep showing Wakana but clearly they didn't invite her seiyuu to the recording :lmao

4. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

That some clutch play by Haruichi and Miyuki at the top of the 9th with two outs. Now if Only Zono can follow up >__<

5. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

I'm really glad Miyuki finally got a hit and he even stole afterward.

That freaking moment they ended on. Geez that's brutal. S2 is much better than S1 and it shows in so many ways like this one. Even the slow pacing feels better now.

6. Black Wraith

According to MAL there's only 2 more eps left:(

7. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

Damn, that sucks. I like having long running shows to watch and now both this and Gintama are ending :(

8. jam3sbob

moar boar want moar!

9. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

To be honest I would have had a hard time choosing between the hot hand in Sawamura and the rested Ace Furuya. Looks like the coach decided to go all in on the final inning since he went with the latter.

10. Black Wraith

I think we're going to have a little hitch in the next episode with Miyuki's injury.

11. stockholmsyndrome

Really annoying still don't understand why Sawamura was switched it made Zero sense in the manga and it makes Zero sense in the anime your basically replacing Seido's best Pitcher for a weaker one who is on top injured and has a 1 inning limit

On the Anime I think we are in for a very long Hiatus probably at earliest it will return is in 2017 more likely the following year.

12. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

It's not really a sensible decision and the thing that bothers with me regarding Furuya on top of that is that he's been pitching all this damn time with enough impact to take notice of while practicing. He's probably pitched more than he would in an inning right there. I mean I know pitching isn't the only thing and catching is possible but yeah...

13. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

Furuya's overwhleming dominance to close out the game was pure beauty but it felt anti-climatic.

It's the equivalent of using a cheat code against the final boss in a video game despite earnestly making your way to the final stage with hard work.

14. Yakushi Kabuto

Oh those wonderful feelings when Coach Kataoka shed tears and thanked the third years. You know I teared up there as well. And when they were tossing him, haha. I'm glad it really has paid off for them all. The full version of the OP was nice.

15. Black Wraith

This has been one of my favourite shows to watch for a while. I hope we don't have to wait too long.

16. stockholmsyndrome

I think it is very likely given the Manga is barely ahead of it currently the half year hiatus definately didn't help and Sports anime are simply not suited towards filler like other genres.

17. LegendarySS4

I felt this season was a weak season compared to it's predecessor. The cast weren't as likeable compared the Third years.
    The sports genre itself has been awful over the year, the last saving grace was Ping Pong which was a great subversion to your typical tropes known in Sports series.

Is this my favourite baseball manga? Nope, that would go to H2, Major, Rookies and One Outs.

18. Guiness

Yo I've started the 2nd season of the anime and they're up against Teito.

I need to know if my boy Sawamura stops getting treated like he is a punk and grows into a stronger player, not just internally but externally as well. Like, to the point where no one can deny him anything.

19. Guiness

Finished both seasons in about a week and a half if I counted right.

Such an enjoyable anime. I'm a bit peeved about Sawamura at the very least not receiving a higher numbered jersey. Great character development on his end. It took me some time to warm up to Furuya but I can't say I dislike him tbh.

Can't wait for season 3.

Also, Raichi is my favorite character. Sawamura is 2nd and a distant third would most likely be Narumiya (when he is being himself cuz I honestly dislike it when he goes into Ace/leader mode. its probably just the voice acting doesn't fit him too well when that happens).

20. Black Wraith

Not the best return episode, but for a possible long runner and one that had two long previous seasons that's fine.

22. Black Wraith

Not much convo on here this season but that last episode was awesome. The music was on point and that ending with the coach, brought tears to my eyes:sniff

23. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

My problem was that for the entire season they won't shut up about how they want to go to Koshien and compete in the national tournament and everything builds to that and even at the anime's slow pacing they zoom through the whole thing and treat even the game they lose in with middling importance in terms of attention. It's like the series just can't wait to repeat the cycle again.

I really hope Sawamura finally gets to shine now with Furuya's pitching going to shit. It's always sucked with this show in how the MC has always been overshadowed in his own series.