1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Did TO tried to commit suicide?

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by kuchiyoseNOjutsu, Sep 28, 2006.

1. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

When I first read the news, I told myself...NO WAY! After reading this story by SI.com's Don Banks, I'm now having 2nd thoughts.

In this story the Eagles revealed that TO has some serious mental and emotional issues, that goes beyond just being egocentric.

However in his press con, he did have a plausible reason as to how things went down, however it may have been a ploy to cover things up.

I'm starting to believe TO did try to commit suicide, but that's just me, we may have a different view of the entire matter in the days to come. What's your take on the matter?

Tags:
  2. Redemption

Who cares? He has such an overblown ego, and this is the type of response he feeds off of.

3. Jin22

T O'd need a reason first before attempting the dumbest thing ever.

4. Hoon ♥

he was injured twice, and couldnt play as much as he did before

playing the game all his life, its understandable that he'd be depressed

5. Necro

His EGO tried to commit suicide. But seriously you got everything, why the hell are you depressed?

6. Hoon ♥

7. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

Maybe it was his ego who tried to commit suicide.

8. Hoon ♥

9. Rukia

Flag:
    Sweden, Germany, England

This is a weird story, but I think I agree with hoon. TO is used to being the show, to being the main attraction on a football team. He got booted by the Eagles last year and didn't get to play. He joined a new team and he is basically just another one of the 'boys'.:amuse Parcells might be a really hard person to play for too. Especially if you are used to special treatment like TO is.

10. Wobbly

None of us really have no idea. There is almost no way for us to learn the truth, since anyone involved could easily be lying.

11. Kurokami Medaka

Personally, I'm getting real tired of this TO situation. It is very difficult to take him seriously these days. I know I shouldn't say that since the topic is suicide, a very serious predicament. But when it concerns TO, its very difficult. The cowboys knew exactly what they were getting into when they signed him and now they are paying the price. Also, its becoming very clear to me now then it ever was before that he is giving the NFL a bad name. A professional athlete that is under a suicide case? Basically unheard of in any other sport. I also remember the press conference that Bill parcells went under the next day. They were murdering him with questions that he had no answers to. I wasn't too sure now, but I'm pretty confident that parcells will leave the cowboys after this season. There is no reason why he has to stand for this anymore.

12. Aecen

O come on, of course he didnt. Idiot media reporting he did when they knew nothing, dumbass media.

13. kire

oh come on and quit blaming the media for everything...
    I dont know how many pills he took, but how many is considered accidental and how many is considered suicidal..
    As someone who takes a lot of pills, let me tell you...2 or 3 pills extra, sure i can say accidental..maybe one forgot, or didnt read the script right...but more than that you are crying for help, or trying to injure yourself...
    Maybe just another way of TO crying for attention..
    I believe that the truth was covered up, cause it was easy to do so..and i dont think the cowboys want a rep of having a player who tried to kill themselves...(IMO)

yeah this is true..plus, I heard he didnt even want TO on the team..

14. JJ

I don't think T.O tried to kill himself. He loves himself too much, but he does need therapy.

15. Viciousness

I mean mental depression is really sad. Even if TO ws an asshole at times he was misunderstood and demonized by the press the majority of the time. While his achievements like dominating the superbowl two years ago despite his teams loss, and his morale booster to the team despite him not being present the game before, arent given a second thought.

I mean for a rookie to be as great as he was, he probably needed some type of demented cockiness, and he knew it. I dont think even he was an asshole just for the sake of being an asshole. He had to build that image of himself of being able to get away with doing whatever, in order for him to be untouchable in games. There is a limit to your actions and he did cross the line before so I understand the trade (maybe not agree with it), but I think if you let TO be TO, and do whatever the hell he wants in the media, you will get the best wide receiver the NFL has ever seen, by the time he matures. And if his cockiness doesnt boost him to that level then its time to trade him when he starts acting up.

He's an agressive instinctive player, and you dont find too many of those on offense. Mostly on defense like Arrington and Sean Taylor, and even then theyre rare. Guys like that are best left untamed.
    TO with a shattered ego wont have a chance of surpassing Moss.

16. ParkingLot_PIMP

nah i dont think TO would do such a thing i mean HES RICH BIT**! maybe he was messing around or something and overdosed for fun... which is a stupid thing to do.