1. img
    Come join the 5th Democratic Primary Debate Watch-Along!
    The debate will air on November 20th from 9-11 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

PC PS4 Vita Switch Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Foxve, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Abcdjdj1234

My brother is going to make a shinegreymon BM from a gomamon

Soemthing like goma - ankylo - skull greymon and then shinegreymon

So he wont get all the typical greymon fire moves like wokenoalm etc etc, but he will have some earth physical attacks

Is that fine?

2. kingjr9000

Regarding the STAB, I did some research since I didn't think there was but I had to make sure anyways. But nope. Your brother is all clear to make a shinegreymon that can learn whatever he wants. The only thing though is the SS skill that mentions if there is a type advantage for the move sets.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Karyu Endan

The only STAB is when there's a support skill that mentions certain elements. In which case attacks with that element receive a damage boost. Otherwise it doesn't matter. If you want a list of element-dependent support skills and who has them, here you go:

Spoiler: elemental bonus Support Skills
    Single Element:
    Dragon's Roar (Fire) [Agumon, Greymon, MetalGreymon, WarGreymon, Meramon, BlueMeramon]
    Nature Spirits (Plant) [Mushroomon, Vegiemon, Kuwagamon, Okuwamon, GranKuwagamon, TyrantKabuterimon, Wormmon, Stingmon]
    Deep Savers (Water) [Gomamon, Frigimon, Ikkakumon, Zudomon, Neptunemon, Icemon, Coelamon, Syakomon, Vikemon]
    Wind Guardians (Wind) [Falcomon, Airdramon, Peckmon, Crowmon, Ravemon, HippoGryphon, Gryphonmon, Hawkmon, Aquilamon, Silphymon]
    Animal Colosseum (Earth) [Leomon, Panjyamon, Gotsumon, Lopmon, Turuiemon, MudFrigimon, Pandamon, Meteormon, SaberLeomon]
    Metal Empire (Electric) [Andromon, HiAndromon, Elecmon, Clockmon, Hagurumon, Guardromon]
    Justice Genome (Light) [Patamon, Unimon, Angemon, MagnaAngemon, Seraphimon, Goldramon, Lucemon Child, Shakkoumon]
    Nightmare Soldiers (Dark) [DemiDevimon, Gazimon, BlackGatomon, Devimon, LadyDevimon, Myotismon, Phantomon, SkullSatamon, VenomMyotismon]
    Primal Trooper (Neutral) [Monzaemon, Minervamon]

Multiple Element:
    Wyvern (Fire + Wind) [Dynasmon]
    Moon-Kissed Blade (Water + Light) [Lunamon, Lekismon, Crescemon, Dianamon]
    Crimson Formation (Wind + Electric) [Ravemon BM]
    Freyr (Wind + Light) [Valkyrimon]
    Legend-Arms (Light + Dark) [Zubamon, Zubaeagermon, Duramon, Durandamon]
    Wind-Flame, Ice Sword (Fire, Plant, Wind, and Earth) [KaiserGreymon]
    Dark-Lgt, Thunder Cannon (Water, Electric, Light, and Dark) [MagnaGarurumon, MagnaGarurumon SV]
    Pride (all elements) [Lucemon FM]
    Revelation (Neutral is buffed, all others weakened) [Apocalymon]

Elements and Stats:
    Tenryu (Wind / SPD) [Wingdramon, Slayerdramon]
    Chiryu (Earth / ATK) [Groundramon, Breakdramon]
    God of War (Light / ATK + INT) [Susanomon]
    Vampire King (Dark / more drained HP) [GranDracmon]
    Holy Knight (Fire + Light / SPD) [Omnimon]
    Digital Hazard (Fire + Dark / ATK) [Megidramon]
    Obsidian Knight (Water + Dark / DEF) [Omnimon Zwart]
    Parallel World Tactician (Light + Dark / better healing) [Mastemon]

4. kingjr9000

That reminds me, how are you and your brother enjoying the game so far?

5. Abcdjdj1234

Too much in fact ,I've played like 30 hrs now :catshivers

6. kingjr9000

7. Abcdjdj1234

Probably unpopular opinion but I like Nokia, found her hilarious and she's got a nice design too :cantrustleme

No one takes her seriously throughout the story and she randomly gets an omnimon out of nowhere and kicks ass :fatcat ( so far, chapter 12)

Then again im a sakura fan so I tend to like such characters :blobcatjuice

8. Utopia Realm

Upgraded my Plat-Sukamon to Plat-Numemon. I want to keep the 3 BlackKing Numemon I have and go for 2-3 PrinceMamemon later. Billionaire USBs are goddamn retarded to farm with Digifarm reset method.

Have Shinegreymon BM, Rosemon BM, Lilithmon, HiAndromon, RustyTyrannomon (I Luv this big, shiny Boi :gar) at the moment. I have Houomon and Mangadramon but the bird seems meh atm and Mangadramon needs fine tuning for some special build I guess. Both WarGreymons are on my crosshairs soon.

EDIT: I'm on Chapter 15 atm.

9. kingjr9000

I am currently on chapter 7 in HM and currently have a Greyson and garurumon for omegamon or susanoomon.

A wingdramon and groundramon for an examon.

A Raptordramon and Hisaryumon for Alphamon Ouryuken

A Kuraisamon for Armageddemon

A Growlmon for Gallantmon Crimson Mode

A Baohackmon for what reason, I don't know

A Sangloupemon for GranDracmon

10. Karyu Endan

So I did my grind for 3rd Data-Virus-Vaccine near the end of chapter 16, and now I'm on the start of chapter 17. I had to take Imperialdramon out of the party for memory space, but I have Dorugoramon and Cherubimon Black now, with an AeroVeedramon a few levels away from evolving to Goldramon. I likely would have obtained Goldramon too if I didn't bother grinding Hououmon all the way to level 80 for Safety Guard. During the grind I also acquired a second PlatinumNumemon. And with it I wound up getting over 50K exp in some fights between 2 PlatNume's and 4 Tactician USBs.

Anyway, here is my party as of right now:

AeroVeedramon (Vaccine): 14 memory
    Seraphimon (Vaccine): 20 memory
    Ouryumon (Vaccine): 20 memory
    Dorugoramon (Data): 20 memory
    Sakuyamon (Data): 18 memory
    MetalSeadramon (Data): 18 memory
    Darkdramon (Virus): 18 memory
    Megidramon (Virus): 20 memory
    Cherubimon Black (Virus): 20 memory

Also...

Spoiler: chapter 16 spoilers
    I went into the Examon battle with all my Viruses, and OMG, the squad did extremely well. Megidramon didn't have Acceleration Boost so I used his turns for Critical Charge on Darkdramon and Cherubimon Black, who both have Acceleration Boost. Then Darkdramon's Nanomachine Break 3 got a crit for about 1300 damage, and then Cherubimon Black's Lightning Spear got a crit for about 2500 damage! That must have taken out more than half its health. One more Lightning Spear was enough to get the KO after that. Holy moley did I evolve to Cherubimon Black at just the right time.

3x damage (Lightning Spear is Electric and Examon is a Data-Wind)
    and a penetrating move
    and increased crit chance from Darkdramon's SS, Megidramon's Critical Charge, and its own effect
    and Acceleration Boost doubling the damage.

Screw taking away Examon's life support in Kowloon LV5; Cherubimon Black was the real deciding factor.:gar

If only he were speedrun-viable. That 40 ABI and needing MetalGreymon Blue in the 80's to evolve without farm training is just not fast enough. Guess I'll have to stick with GranKuwagamon as my lategame Data check. Oh well. :mitsukisip

11. Abcdjdj1234

Is it better to make jesmon faster or slower? If he's slow he keeps taking no damage and counters with weltgiest

What other moves should I teach him? I'm getting perfect revive from valkyriemon, apart from that?

12. Utopia Realm

I have both Wargreymons, and Shinegreymon BM on my team. Need a good data, Mega level for Physical Atk prowess. Any suggestions fellas? I have Lillithmon and Rosemon BM, as well as another Data, Mega level for Magic boosting but need some help?

13. RemChu

Started playing this a few days ago. Walking around with rapidmon and wargrowlmon game has yet to through like consistent champion level digimon at me in the wild or champion level enemies.
    25 party memory

got bored because of this x_X, should balance this better.

14. Karyu Endan

Rapidmon costs 12 memory. WarGrowlmon costs 14. Those alone add up to 26 memory. If you only have 25 memory you can't have both on the same team. And even if you could, I would like to ask why. What possessed you to grind so much that you have Ultimates before the game even throws Champions at you? If you were just battling the normal amount of enemies without going out of your way to have PlatinumSukamon to multiply EXP or forcing extra encounters with Function Call, you shouldn't even have enough EXP to get an Ultimate level yet.

Also, there are balance measures in place to prevent this sort of power-leveling abuse. Party Memory is one of those things. You can't have both over-evolved Digimon and enough Digimon for a balanced team without going over the memory limit. You must compromise between quality and quantity.

The mandatory Wall Crack gates are another of those things. Have you entered Kowloon LV3 yet? Because you need at least 4 Digimon that are Rookie or higher on your team before you can even get in there. And you only have 25 memory at most when you encounter the gate. Rookies cost between 4 and 5 memory. If you have an Ultimate that costs 12 memory, you can just barely squeeze 3 more Rookies in there (4+4+5 = 13). If you have an Ultimate that costs 14 memory, you can't get past the wall period, since you need at least 12 memory left over for 3 more Rookies. At that point you're forced to go backward and settle on a Champion or two with Rookies taking up the rest of the squad. Though it technically is possible to do it with four Champions if they all cost 6 memory, most of the better Champion levels cost 8 memory.

Dorugoramon is a physical attacking Data as kingjr9000 recommended. It learns Acceleration Boost on its own and has a lot of ATK, but its special does require a recharge turn, so keep that in mind. Other physical Datas to consider are Dynasmon and Jesmon, but they do require 22 memory and 80 ABI. If you want a Digimon with similar stats but is easier to evolve, you may want to look into SaberLeomon. costs 18 memory instead of 22 and only needs 20 ABI. It also learns Acceleration Boost naturally. Unfortunately, its Support Skill buffs Earth attacks and all its only Earth move is its special. You'll need careful evolution paths (Triceramon learns Earth moves, but its other pre-evos don't) and team co-ordination to make full use of it.

I assume it already has Support End from SaviorHuckmon?

Slayerdramon has X-Aura, which might be useful, but otherwise Valkyrimon and Jesmon already cover everything else of note it learns (Valkyrimon has Speed Charge Field and Jesmon has Attack Charge Field, Slayerdramon learns both). As for Vakyrimon's other pre-evolutions, Silphymon learns Critical Charge which (as I've recently learned from experience) can be very helpful on a dedicated Critical Hit team. And Silphymon (as well as Paildramon and Shakkoumon) is fought in the Platinum Cup, so you can de-digivolve into it if you do that and you don't have to fuse into it. Otherwise they don't learn anything that the Mega's don't already get better versions of.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. RemChu

Yeah they cost 26 and I have 25.

So when I last played i swapped to 3 other champions, ;/ the wargrowlmon is really high like 15, just evolved the rapidmon he is level 1.

I just played the colloseum a little and had some of those exp cards. My main guys leveled really fast.

16. kingjr9000

17. Karyu Endan

May I ask how you got Tactician USBs (which is what I assume you mean by exp cards. The held item that boosts EXP gain when the Digimon holding it is in battle) so early? I only got my first pair from the farm in chapter 10, with the majority of the Digimon on the farm in question as Builder personality and having 2 Developer Know-Hows. I never reset for them or left the game on just to wait for more attempts either.

If the method is fairly consistent and doesn't take too much time or money it could be incorporated into speedruns to make up for the PlatinumSukamon nerf. :hm

Anyway, I'd recommend just playing through some more of the main story before going into the colosseum or grinding a bunch. The Wall Crack gate mentioned before is at the start of Chapter 3, there's a chest with a Memory UP in Kowloon LV3, and you get another Memory UP when you defeat the boss of the chapter. That will already bring your memory up to 35.

Just a word of warning, though. The boss of Chapter 3 is a wake-up call designed to be far tougher than anything you've faced before. If you don't have a balanced team that can take on multiple types at once, you are going to get wrecked, even on Normal. I very nearly got a Game Over on my first playthrough against it, and even in speedruns everyone saves right before the fight just to be safe since things can go very wrong very quickly.

18. Abcdjdj1234

My brother just got 4 USBS on the first try today :catdefeat

5 developer know how's really make a difference in the drop rates imo 2 is very less

19. RemChu

I think a lady outside the detective agency gave me some, and i got like 2 from the arcade arena/coliseum. That coliseum thing gave my guilman and bunny guy a lot of exp. Did all the sidequests too, but uh still level 2 kwolon, on like chapter 2.

I could probably one shot the chapter boss with wargrowlmon.

20. kingjr9000

Are you playing Cyber Sleuth or Hackers memory?

21. RemChu

Sleuth.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  22. kingjr9000

Crap. You're doing a lot of grinding, aren't you.
    :catblink

23. Karyu Endan

DLC Lady didn't give me a Tactician USB. Only the NX Digimon. :psyduck

I will still have to try the coliseum to check there, though. I normally don't touch the coliseum until I've beaten the game so I can do every cup at the same time (the hardest cup is locked to postgame), but if it's true that you can get a Tactician USB early then I may consider going for the Bronze Cup as soon as it's available. :hm

Have you checked the AC at Nakano's backdoor exit? That triggers a case in Chapter 2 that you have to clear before chapter 3 starts. There will be occasions like that where mandatory (red) cases won't be posted automatically and you'll have to find them yourself. If it seems like you've done everything you need to and the plot isn't progressing on its own, it may be because you haven't found a case trigger. Kyoko (not Mirei, who will just say you need to do your job) will give you a hint if you talk to her in those situations.

Tell us how it goes. I've never taken an Ultimate into that fight (my first playthrough only had Rookies in that fight, and the speedrun brings a mix of Rookies and Champions), so I'm looking forward to the results myself. :gar

That is way too expensive for a speedrun! They cost 25 000 yen each! :D:

Sure, some optional cases have them as rewards, but optional cases are optional and therefore slow. And I have to waste time putting Digimon in a farm, and using Farm Expansion Drives, and making Digimon Builder if they aren't already which costs even more money, and spend the extra 1000 yen to start the development process... and I'd have to save scum in order to get them on my first try.

No thanks. Too much time, money, and RNG to be speedrun-viable. :smh

24. RemChu

Yeah beat bronze and silver and they won't let me do the next. :O

25. Karyu Endan

Just got to the end of Chapter 19 now. I'm so close to the end of the game, but I'm going to hold off on finishing it to complete a few cases. But I'm going to leave the Great Challenges and DLC cases for postgame. I think I'll also take this time to go up against the coliseum (not counting Master Cup) to see if I can get a Tactician USB out of it. Also, I now have enough memory for an eleventh party member and decided the final slot was going to Diaboromon as a second Free. He's got synergy with Megidramon since he's physical and learns Fire and Dark moves, and the instant kill % from the SS might be helpful for speeding up random encounters.

Why would I care about random encounters anymore? Because once I beat the game I'm going to grind Diaboromon's ABI up to 100 and evolve it to Armageddemon for the postgame. 50% extra damage to Royal Knights? Definitely going to make use of that SS in the Great Challenges! I'm also planning on converting Seraphimon to Kentarosmon in postgame for its SS giving everyone Status resistance. And since Ouryumon's one half of Alphamon Oryuken, I might raise an Alphamon too to complete the fusion.

Anyway, here is my team as of now, and it's how it will stay for the remainder of the main story:

Ouryumon (Vaccine)
    Goldramon (Vaccine)
    Seraphimon (Vaccine)
    Darkdramon (Virus)
    Megidramon (Virus)
    Cherubimon Black (Virus)
    Dorugoramon (Data)
    MetalSeadramon (Data)
    Sakuyamon (Data)
    Imperialdramon DM (Free)
    Diaboromon (Free)

26. kingjr9000

Get the Alphapimp and watch him slap everything in existence:mahbama
    (As long as you're on easy mode)

27. Karyu Endan

So I played the cups and the cases I wanted to do before endgame, and I think I misinterpreted RemChu's post. You don't get Tactician USB from the offline coliseum. You get Brave Points from the coliseum. Which are single-use consumable items that give a single Digimon lots of EXP. I thought they were referring to the Digimon equivalent of the Lucky Egg, but instead they were referring to the Digimon equivalent of Rare Candies.

My bad. :battousai

Still though, I might be able to squeeze the first two cups into chapter 3 and still save time. The gained EXP from the fights and the Brave Points would mean less time grinding in Kowloon LV3 before the boss. Two Brave Points for two Hagurumon to reach level 20 by chapter 4. :witty

EDIT: Finished the main story and did my grind for postgame. My team's shuffled around a bit and even most of the ones that haven't changed picked up a few new moves, mostly Safety Guards. The only two who are exactly the same are Goldramon and Sakuyamon, who I swapped out for my PlatinumNumemon duo for the grind session. Anyway, Here's my team now:

Alphamon Ouryuken (Vaccine) [I converted Dorugoramon to Alphamon and fused it with Ouryumon]
    Kentaurosmon (Vaccine) [used to be Seraphimon]
    Goldramon (Vaccine)
    Megidramon (Virus)
    Cherubimon Black (Virus) [both Megidramon and Cherubimon Black got Safety Guard from spending some time as Cherubimon White. I needed to use nicknames to keep track of them lol]
    TyrantKabuterimon (Virus) [used to be Darkdramon. I was getting rid of the Crit SS's in the Data and Vaccine trios so I decided to forego the crit boosting in favour of another penetrating move]
    MetalSeadramon (Data) [got Safety Guard from spending some time as MarineAngemon]
    Sakuyamon (Data)
    Jesmon (Data) [needed another physical Data attacker to replace Dorugoramon. Might as well get the one with Weltgeist to use against Imperialdramon PM]
    Imperialdramon DM (Free) [speaking of Imperialdramon PM, it evolved to PM to get Restore then de-digivolved back]
    Armageddemon (Free) [used to be Diaboromon. Also got Acceleration Boost from its time as Monochromon during the ABI evolution chain]

I think I'm well-prepared for the Great Challenges and maybe the Demon Lord DLC too.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  28. kingjr9000

Crap man, nothin' for a whole week?:gglife

Well, in the original HM, I'm currently doing the Sistermon mission, and I really like their designs.
    :catdrool

29. Utopia Realm

I'm just finished getting the 6th Billionaire USB from last night. It was a damn chore.:gglife

I am onn chapter 15 still (Practically a whole week) but will be finishing it today at least. I hjave a Mastermon, Lillithmon and some other Female Data girl for a Main Int Setup with my Atk Team all ready to use for now.

I'm naming some mons Builder # and Searcher # for better Digibank management.

EDIT: Just found a spawn that drops Friendship DX and its not Stingmon at Shibuya Underground. Might farm for a few and get a Palidramon while Im at it.:gar

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  30. Karyu Endan

I took a break from my complete edition post-game to try out a speedrun. I wanted to check if my strategy changes would save time. Particularly, I decided to replace the Agumon line with the Ryudamon line and try the Bronze Cup during chapter 3 to get EXP. I'm currently about halfway through chapter 7, and... it hasn't been going well. :gglife

I've lost over twenty minutes of in-game time and more of that in real time. The Bronze Cup takes way too long to complete with an under-leveled team, so despite a huge EXP yield for the fights relative to the early game's encounters, the fights take so long you lose time compared to just spamming Function Call LV2. And that's comparing with spamming Function Call LV2 in vanilla Cyber Sleuth; it'd be even faster in the Complete Edition.

Some boss fights are also a lot riskier since the Ryudamon line has significantly less HP than the Agumon line, and they aren't so much faster that they get more turns to compensate. I've had to waste turns healing to make sure my mons didn't die when with the Agumon line I could let them take a few more hits safely.

The absolute worst thing though is PlatinumSukamon's nerf. Not only am I getting less EXP per fight from chapter 4 onward, PlatinumSukamon's extremely low INT and HP means it can get one-shot by any magic-oriented enemy, even from random encounters, especially at lower levels. On at least two occasions a PlatSuk was KO'd by a boss and I had to reset and try the fight again without them.

Of course, less EXP means I need to get into more fights to get to certain levels at certain points, and there are stretches of the game where I don't have a Free to force the extra encounters I now need. I may need to adjust my team composition to keep a Free around for longer.

I still need to see if this lost time can be made up later in the game, but for now it isn't looking too good.