1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Digimon Tier List - Part 2

Discussion in 'Meta-Battledome' started by Reznor, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Vicious für immer

Both Zeromaru X and I talked about this and agreed that each sphere is like its own world, with other worlds (or levels/layers) residing within them.

Now, there's something else about this though....and that's the things that . Clearly, they're created from those spheres, which is like its own world with layers/levels within them. So what I was wondering if we can consider these as separate multiverses? Albeit, small ones, similar to the ones from Dragonball Super (they somewhat remind me of the multiverses in Super).

And take note that this is a single server within the Cyberspace EDEN (Metaverse), which is basically a huge space that contains many other spaces (servers), each having levels/layers within them. This includes Erika's server and I already explained how huge that server alone is...

And according to Grand Dracumon, a single server (though, it could potentially include the data of other places as well), can

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  2. Zeromaru X 偉大な英雄

And just to clarify, the EDEN servers are "small" compared to the actual Digital World.

3. Vicious für immer

Yep, I was going to mention that, but I decided not too.

"It wants to escape this small world" (small world = all of EDEN)

Also, the Digimon-verse seems to based on a hierarchy of worlds through layers. There is a hierarchy of worlds and the Digital World is located in a layer of worlds completely separate of the Real World. The Real World is like a lower multiverse while the Digital World is a higher multiverse.

According to the Digimon Story Artbook, a (in other words, the worlds/multiverses are likely layered on top of each other - like a ladder, with each step being a multiverse/world).

In Cyber Sleuth, , which implies that the Digital World has surpassed in "perfecting" the Real World.

In the Xros Wars manga, the

So even all of the processing power in the entire universe wouldn't be able to process the Digital World's data. So worlds that are created by humans, such as the Kamishiro Network (EDEN), would be inferior to the Digital World.

In Re Digitize, it's stated that the (the Real Worlds).

They're also some potential examples from Tri, Tamers, etc.

So all Digital Worlds transcend all the Real Worlds (and thus transcend anything that is man-made).

So there is a hierarchy of worlds and the Digital World is located in a layer of worlds completely separate of the Real World, so it can be said that they are in different multiverses. I think it's kinda like the Dark Tower (and perhaps Umineko to an extent and Elder Scrolls). In fact, networks can probably be considered as multiverses in Digimon. The Kamishiro Network is a . The Digital World network has an infinite number of servers. Networks tend to have worlds, layers, etc, within them.

EDIT:

So about Cyberspace EDEN (Metaverse) and its servers.
    -Cyberspace EDEN (Metaverse) is a space (world/dimension/whatever) that contains numerous servers, each server being its own world (dimension/universe/space)
    -Many (dunno if this applies too all) servers have various layers/levels with them that can be considered as other worlds (or sub-worlds/dimensions).
    -A single server can have an infinite amount of information.

Shouldn't this alone be a small multiverse?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  4. Vicious für immer

Reminding people to not forget to vote. You can vote once a day and per device or an unlimited amount of times with incognito mode (while I'm not a fan of it, people are doing it, especially with the campaigns for Minveramon).

EDIT: Also spread it around!

EDIT 2: Voting instructions
    -Hit the red thingy

-Hit red thingy again to confirm.
    Spoiler:

-Vote completed.
    Spoiler:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  5. Zeromaru X 偉大な英雄

Minervamon and Susanoomon are quite popular campaigns right now (at least, in the latin american fandom). We should organize something like that here. There is still time.

6. Vicious für immer

Meh, I'm not really a fan of these type of campaigns. Many of these people are voting hundreds (or more) times per day, which doesn't sound very fair to the people who are voting once per day. While I know the Latin american community doesn't represent the entire community of Digimon, having hundreds of people using incognito mode (or the VPN crap) every day can likely influence the poll quite a bit, at least in my opinion. And I'm sure other people are using incognito mode with other Digimon, but not as a campaign (such as with Minervamon).

With that said, I've seen people rebel against this and vote for who they want - not simply voting because of one person told them to.

EDIT: There's also a note on the Digimon site about "mass voting", so it's best to be careful.

EDIT 2: If the campaigns aren't spamming votes with incognito mode (or the VPN things) then I guess I would be okay with that.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  7. BadJack New Member

Regardless how we go about it, may I suggest the digimon we choice to be Susanoomon and Ophanimon, both not my favorite but are indeed good, interesting choices.

8. Vicious für immer

In my opinion, Zeed Millenniumon could potentially bring the most to the table. He can give more lore to the cosmology, who sealed him, why the seals have the bands consist of the original web address for Digimon Channel, how/why he would even get the X-Antibody in the first place (which, in my opinion, is a bit odd, even compared to the other options), and so on. There's also a possibility that the winners will be used in the upcoming chapters for the X story, which means we could very well see Zeed Millenniumon soon.

We could very well see him against the X-Antibody RKs, and maybe Yggdrasill (who knows). We'll be able to see how he fairs against the current power houses (which he really needs to show in his sealed state, assuming he still has the seals after getting the X-Antibody), and he, along with the RKs, and possibly Yggdrasill, could get more feats as well.

EDIT: If he gets the X-Antibody, perhaps this could bring out who sealed him. Perhaps the seals go away, and he has complete control over that power that destroys everything. That could bring out the person who sealed him too. We could get the lore when he was sealed, how it happened, and so on. They're so many things this could bring.

EDIT 2: Also, it would be interesting to see how he would look with the X-Antibody (more-so than most of the options).

They're quite a few reasons why Zeed getting the X-Antibody would be interesting. It isn't just for power (it's possible that he won't even get a power boost anyways - it may be just all aesthetics).

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  9. Zeromaru X 偉大な英雄

You shouldn't expect that much from a profile. We all know how disappointing those profiles can be sometimes. And there is stuff the guys at WiZ want for authors to develop, so they only plant those ideas but will only canonize them in the profiles after those ideas are used in some product (be anime, manga or game).

If you want that kind of answers, is better to hope for Habu to use Millenniumon in some product in a prominent role (something I still wonder why he hasn't done it yet) than to expect that kind of answers from a profile.

10. Ravel Well-Known Member

Habu has plans for Mille, this was mentioned in the interview with Kenji Watanabe.

Habu: In games, in particular the materials of the Digimon games that went to WonderSwan were not left.
    Although the game and strategy books of the time have gone through the first story, it is frustrating to have something that you do not know the details by any other means.

Watanabe: As much as WonderSwan is "The Digimon Exclusive Machine", there are actually many Digimon games. Be it for "Digimon" or "Crush Gear "(Laugh). At that time, among people, the original Portable Device team was different from WonderSwan's. While I was doing the setting of one or the other, I was called to make the drawings. In the setting, they wanted a Digimon that was all together, I drew a character that had part of several of them.
    That was Chimairamon, shortly after Millenniumon, similar to Chimairamon, was born.

Habu: That's right! As these characters are still popular, I would like to give them more opportunities to deepen their background. For this purpose, again, rearrange the materials ...

Watanabe: Let's organize the system, collect data and archive it!... Most of it (Lol)

Habu: Let's wait. Also, with the help of Mr. Kenji Watanabe I became a living archive. (Laugh)

Habu wants to work with Mille. He has also said he wants to use material from the Digital Monster Ver.S, Savers Another Mission and others, but he does not have access to that material. Many of the older Digimon information was lost by WiZ and Bandai, according to Watanabe this may have happened because the computers at the time were breaking a lot. (He still has doubts if he has any remaining material from Digital Monster Ver.S).

Maekawa also says that since there is so much information for a single person to remember, he says it often depends on the information that the fans keep in order to remember something.

11. BadJack New Member

Yes I don't believe we would Get much out of A Zeed X digimon, aside from how that would even makes sense. Also it's a bit hilarious that even Habu has a hard time getting every bit of digimon detail.

12. Zeromaru X 偉大な英雄

I'll be happy to lend them a hand if they asked me.

13. Vicious für immer

So what is the conclusion for the things that resemble galaxies in the background of Erika's Server? Can we consider each one equivalent to a small multiverse?

Also another thing... The Digital World of the Tamers-verse consists of layers, with each layer being its own universe with universes residing in each layer (universe) as well. Wouldn't that also make them separate multiverses? Albeit, small ones, but still multiverses nonetheless.

It's not just about profiles, but with the possibility of him appearing in the continuation of the X story, and beyond.

Interesting. I have yet to see this interview. Thanks for sharing!

Man, I would love to see a game that revolves around the time Zeed was sealed. Habu is truly great.

EDIT: Omega Shoutmon confirmed to be light-speed. This would scale to quite a few characters. Characters who are superior to him should be FTL (lower-end) as well.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  14. Vicious für immer

Another reminder
    Don't forget to vote! Time is almost up!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  15. snipernaadi Well-Known Member

Jesmons X- antibody is even edgier than other ultimate x evolutions i daresay, hea probably tier 2-1

16. Vicious für immer

So nothing? This is one of the reasons why Digimon goes nowhere in the OBD (people here don't participate and discuss about such things). :zaru

Also, another thing (which I'm sure will go ignored/unnoticed), I've asked several people about the Digital World and Real World being separate multiverses, and everyone agreed to it (including Keollyn). So Digimon should be at least low-megaversal (even though I hate the term "megaversal"), possibly much higher now (due to having numerous infinite-sized dimensions beyond the normal Digital World multiverse, legit higher dimensions, etc).

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  17. snipernaadi Well-Known Member

dimension with Divemon & Otamamon felt rather small though

18. Vicious für immer

Minervamon and Lordknightmon won the X-Antibody vote...what a waste. No surprise with Minervamon with that stupid campaign (with many of them not even caring for Minervamon - many voted just for the person who started it).

Minervamon X

I can't wait to see their reaction to Minervamon X. Many expected a beautiful, full-grown woman...that's what they deserve. Haha

LordKnightmon X

While I like his design, I wish people didn't vote for him as there's likely a good chance of all the RKs getting the X-Antibody. People (especially the Japanese fandom) have been wanting the X-Antibody for LordKnightmon for a long time now.

Imperialdramon FM somehow got 3rd place, but nothing for him yet.

We also got Renamon X, Tyranomon X, Sakuyamon X, Dracomon X, BelleStarmon X, and Diablomon X. I'm far more excited for these, especially Diablomon X (was wondering why he wasn't on the list to vote - glad we got him getting the X-Antibody). I love them all, but my favorites are Renamon X and BelleStarmon X (I like it better than the original and those wings are so fluffy!).

EDIT: Poll

Susanoomon, Lilithmon, and Seraphimon were so very close. I was voting for Susanoomon and Seraphimon as well (along with Zeed). I would've preferred these 3 to win (Seraphimon needs some love, and in my opinion, probably would've looked sick with the X-Antibody).

Zeed got 7th place. He was getting there. Mille didn't do too bad either (19th...right below Numemon lol).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 12:02 PM
  19. snipernaadi Well-Known Member

Cyberdramon seems too unpopular, did not even found him from the list(voted twice for him)

20. Zeromaru X 偉大な英雄

Well, Lord Knightmon had a place reserved for him. He was a sure winner (people have been expecting an Lord Knightmon X since about 15 years ago, cuz Dynasmon X).

Minervamon X is the surprise... I didn't think she would actually win. And the desing... rare. Poor Drash (the guy who started the HailMinerva campaign), she won. So, he has to drink coffee with mayonnaise...

Anyways, this is the preview of Sakuyamon X.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 4:09 PM
  21. BadJack New Member

Seraphimon was someone I was going for, maybe next time.

Lord reminds me of Omega Cloth koga

22. Ravel Well-Known Member

I wish another Digimon had won it, but since there isn't anything more to be done all I have left is to wait to see if in future work some of these ideas will be used.
    The biggest reason I have not commented yet is because I still do not have a really formed opinion about the digimon hierarchy. I also do not have a good conception about "megaverse" since this concept does not seem to make much sense of how it seems to be applied, anyway I think it would be possible to consider Digimon as being a "megaverse".

23. Vicious für immer

I asked Keollyn (long time member here, and is a fan of a series that has other multiverses and higher dimensions) about it (Digital World and Real World being separate multiverses, etc) and he said that it fits with the current definition of a "megaverse", so it's fine for the OBD.

What I want to know is how impressive the Cyberspace EDEN (Metaverse) is, and if a single Digital World can be considered superior to it. This could potentially affect any character who can only affect a single Digital World.

24. Ravel Well-Known Member

I cant' post link to the scans, but here is the text.

Digimon Battle Spirit Storyline:

At some point in late 2001 the Pacific Digital World unexpectedly went into shock!

In The End of the Digital World where no one is approaching, in the depths of the World of Darkness an Unknown Digimon is born. The Mysterious Digimon slowly releases a wave, and the Digimon that touches it will collapse before they realize it. And it began to affect human beings in the Real World. The waves have left computers out of control, diseases of unknown origin and earthquakes have spread all over the world. In this way, the world will be destroyed!

But there was something that would confront this. From the Human World, Guilmon, Renamon and Terriermon… From the future of the Digital World there was V-mon and Wormmon. From the past of the Digital World Agumon and Scumon. Beyond space-time, crossing the world, seven Digimon will defeat the mysterious Digimon to rid the Digital World of darkness.

Digimon Battle Spirit 1.5 Storyline:
    The time is the spring of 2002, a new shock hit the Digital World!

The Mysterious Dark Digimon ... Millenniumon was destroyed by 7 Digimon who were gathered through space-time. However, in the spring of 2002, the impact of darkness suddenly appears in the Digital World! It was the wave of Millenniumon that was supposed to be destroyed.. the evil has not completely disappeared…! When the Digital World was about to be engulfed by the Millenniumon wave, the Digimon returned! Guilmon, Renamon, Terriermon, Agumon, V-mon, Wormmon and Scumon! And even more powerful supporters have come! They are Gabumon, Black WarGreymon, Omegamon, Lopmon, Patamon and Tailmon! Now, 13 powerful Digimon have been gathered here. However, the Millenniumon wave is not fading and is getting even more evil … The thirteen Digimon and a really brave Tamer are the only ones who can bring true peace to the Digital World!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018 at 11:16 PM
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  25. Ravel Well-Known Member

The Digital World, a different World from the Real World here we live born from the Digital Network. There is a world wich is said to be the "Swan World" which is also connected to the Digital World from this Wonder Swan. There existed many worlds, and many Digimon were living happily, brightly. However, one day because of something, this Digital World began to break. And from this Swan World, most Digimon disappeared and the Swan World was wrapped in the World of Darkness.

Because of this thing, the world will disappear completely. It's only you who can save this world!!

It is interesting that again the Dark Area is called the "World of Darkness" in Wonderswan games and also, as in other games it is shown that the Dark Area is able to swallow and destroy worlds.

And also, it's cool to know that just as V-Pets are devices that connect the "Training Boxes" to layers of the Digital World, the Wonder Swan connects to various Swan World worlds within the Digital World. It's a simple detail, but I think it's cool.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List