1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Do a majority of elite athletes use PEDs?

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Larcher, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Larcher Shaka Brah!

England
    I ask this cause there's a building consensus that most if not all high level athletes use PEDs, so it doesn't matter when someones is busted for them. The argument is generally that there's no way these athletes could perform and train at the high level they do naturally (the same people that barely lift a finger)

There's also the argument that they can cheat drug testing, so having negative results proves nothing.

I contest that it's quite possible to be a great athlete in any sport, so as long as said person has the right genetics, grasp on technique, and work ethics to make it far. I think that PEDs will only become a bigger problem if so many people continue to think this way, as it can give people that want to be athletes the wrong impression.

Not that I'm denying there's going to be athletes who are in fact on the juice, but it's ignorant to generalise athletes when many could very well be hard working people that have simply worked their way up because of their commitment.

What do you all think?

Tags:
  2. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    Innocent until proven guilty.

People who tend to make accusations without any proof (obviously) are the ones who's fav lost against to, generally in sport.

In Tennis for example so many fans used to say Nadal was a doper and that was because he used to beat Federer pretty much all the time in the slams, and in women's game same with Serena because she used to win lots and beat Sharapova every single time...

ironically enough Sharapova got caught last year and got banned for 2 years :lmao

3. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

I watch basketball so who cares. So much of it is based on instinct it's irrelevant for me.

4. Rukia I’m the fucking game!

Germany
    Yes. Most athletes today do use PEDs. They kind of have to. If you are the rare athlete that chooses to be clean... You are putting yourself at a disadvantage.

5. NarutoWizard Member

Obviously they use PEDs. You haveno underatanding of the human body if you think otherwise.

6. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

why do they have to use PEDs when the whole game is rigged? :hestonpls

7. Rukia I’m the fucking game!

Germany
    In my day everyone was clean.

8. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

I watch football, being faster, stronger and having more stamina might help you a certain bit. But, dribbling, kicking, positioning, passing, etc. are more fundamental to the sport and there's not much to stand on to say that football players use PED's.

I mean, Guerrero was fucked up because of trace amounts of cocaine-like substance or something like that and I heard many football players talking about how rigorous the testing is.

Don't get me wrong, there are other ways to totally cheat your way to the win in football, but they are mostly done outside the field, with bribery and such.

9. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

This is probaly true, Eagles won first super bowl with Nick Foles :psyduck

10. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

I think boxing and ufc are rigged on scorecards.

11. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

Pacman lost his last match between a nameless jobber just because they’re grooming the new talent like wtf :skully

12. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

Pacman just knocked out his opponent a while ago in round7 wtf :lmao