1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Do parents (any1) have the right?

Discussion in 'Perspectives' started by Tsubaki_No_Mai, Oct 22, 2005.

who if any has the right to take ur life away

1. only parents

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. only the person

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. only god

11 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. in certain situations

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  5. no one

26 vote(s)
    44.8%
  6. cant decide??

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Tsubaki_No_Mai

i came across this question when my govt teacher was talking during class(dont ask how i stayed awake:blink ). i forgot wut my govt teacher was talking bout but afta she talked for bout 10 min she said " ur parents brought u into this world and they have the right to take u out, this i believe" or something like that -_-;;. my question is do they (any1) really have the right to "kill" u if u do something they feel is wrong?

my opinion is no.... cuz i dont think any1 (even god) has a right to take ur life away. if they brought u into this world didnt they basically give birth to u so u can have ur OWN (sorry for caps) opinions, decision, life?this as stated is my own opinion.

plz say what u think and y.dont get a angry at someone for their own opinions. if u want to debate, dont call each other names and save ur energy for writing ur own thoughts.
    im sry if this topic has already been posted.

Tags:
  2. Darth Judicar

Well, it would illegal if they killed you if just did something they didn't approve of, so technically they couldn't if they want to save their skin. But to answer your question as a whole, I'd say no. Everyone is control of their own life as in it is what you make it out to be. Even though you are debted to your parents, particularly your mother for the actual 'bringing process', they should not be the ones to take you out. They don't have the right to decide when your life ends, as you're in control of that in my opinon.

3. SeruraRenge

You have defied me for the last time, Seto Fett. I created you, AND I CAN DESTROY YOU! *presses button, nothing happens:huh * Ah crap, I must've put the bomb in the wrong kid:sweatdrop .

4. Nemesis Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia
    No parents don't have the right to kill their child just because it is not going to grow up the way you wanted and i am saying that as a parent myself. No one has the right to take the life of another person (except when in a warzone i guess and only in the rules of war). Hell i take this so far that i am also anti death penalty as well but we can save that for aother debate topic

5. explicitkarma

When a child is born, it's the parents responsibility to raise the child as efficiently as possible. When you're a parent, your child is your life. Otherwise, you're doing harm to your bloodline and the fabric of society. By killing the child, you'd be doing harm to your bloodline also.

Not to mention we have laws in place about this for a reason.

6. Quoll

Medium length answer: No, and your teacher is a idiot.
    Long answer: I'll stop here since it would be a rant.

7. Tsukiyomi

You actually took that statement seriously? Its a joke my mother used to say, "I gave you life and I can take it away", it doesn't seriously mean they can kill you.

8. sasukecopyninja

First off, the only way ANYONE can have the right to take your life away would be in the States and your put on death row, there is the only time someone has the right, legal right but tis a right.

9. Shogun

short answer no with a but, long answer yes with an if.

10. mdd4696

I think anybody has a right to kill anybody. Now before you accuse me of being some shotgun-toting sicko, let me elaborate upon my statement: I believe that there is always the possibility that a situation may arise in which one person has the right to kill another. I believe that this situation could arise with any person, so in a sense, every person has the right to kill another. However, I also believe that the right circumstances for having the right to kill another person do not come up very often.

Just my 2¢

11. Shogun

Yes, that was very well said mdd4696, but is that really related to the original post?

12. A7X HellKnight

well i dont think thats quite right.they would go to jail charged with murder and if you have a few brothers and sisters that that happens to that would make them serial killers.but seriously,they dont have the right to do that because its against the law

13. Kyuriko

I don't think that anybody has the right to take away anybody else's life, not even their own. I like to think we all have a reason to live and that life should be lived and enjoyed to the fullest. Your life is yours to control, regardless of who 'brought you into this world.' Although, my opinion does change slightly if it's a life or death situation and you may have to take another life to survive, and that just depends on your own personal values, whether you think you should live or the other person, and even that would depend on the situation.

14. Archssor

15. Tsubaki_No_Mai

lol i agree with medium answer but isnt that bias or something. ur taking one thing that my teacher said and saying she is an idiot for that:blink

16. princesstaco

I can't think of any situation where a parent would be morally right in killing their child once it is born.

17. Edgecrusher

I never did like that "joke." (No offense) I find it to be a dumb one that makes no sense. For some reason, it just strikes me as old-fashioned as well.

18. pajamas

I put in certain situations. But I believe that anyone has to the right to take your life. Free will, anyone can do anything. But just because it's their right doesn't mean I think they should ever do it.

19. ShounenSuki

No one has the right to take someone else's life, and it's rather morbid to joke about it, especially a parent to a child...

20. Dark_wolf247

Noone has the right to. "I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it."

I hate that saying. =/

21. kakako petja

well actually the one who made you has a right to kill you. it is our arrogant way of thinking that says no one has the right. yes we have our own life to live and should be left alone. just like a stone that doesn't want to be moved. but if we look at it another way. if the one that made me wishes to kill me then i am thankfull that he let me exist. but who makes up laws? a balance between what is fair. is it fair to kill yourself? not to your parents and not to time. is it fair for your parents to kill you? nope, if everbody was doing it the economie would collapse. is it fair for god to kill you? hell no. why should you be the one to die and not your neighbour? now surely you can say something unfair about nature. the only thing that is fair is if there was no choice to kill. it is just your time(not litterally) to go. well i think nature has that aspect and god as allknowing also.

22. Tsubaki_No_Mai

how can a stone not want to be moved??:blink it cant think for itself.....let alone decide when he feels like moving -_-;;

23. Woozie

I think another people have the right to take your life...if you have done something really wrong. This doesn't mean I find it efficient way to prevent criminality though. Vice versa, I'd say.

And well, one could say mothers have the right to kill off their children when they are pregnant and abort can still be done.

And well depends how you look at the question, but I believe I have the right to kill another people when my homeland is under invasion.

24. Danny Lilithborne

Wow, sounds like somebody had a fucked up kid.

25. neko-sennin

If you take it upon yourself to take another's life, you must also be prepared for others to come after your own. No one is immune to their own bad karma. Live by the sword, and all that.

26. Chamcham Trigger

No one has the right to take your life away from you. The only person that I can say that remotely has the right is yourself (and I'm only saying this because I don't wanna sound hypocritical when I advocate free thought, though I still don't condone suicide either).

Though most parents aren't serious when they threaten a child's life, some are and just because they brought you here doesn't mean that they have that right to take it away, since you're not a play toy or robot that they created, you're a life. It was through their acts that you're here so it's not necessairly through your means that you're here. As for upbringing and discipline, that's a different story for a different thread.

God? If you're religious, then I guess so, but then you're dealing with a sadistic god that I don't wanna have anything to deal with. Someone that puts you on the world just to have you die in some freak way before your time. Nope something I can't agree with. I still see it as wrong to have your life stolen away by anyone outside of yourself, unless you're of a malevolent disposition and the other person must do so to protect themselves, then they have that right to take yours away since you're trying to take theirs. Any god that claims to love you yet takes your life away just because, is a hypocrite. Well maybe that last comment is harsh and might turn it into a god debate so ummm if you're offended by it, then uh just ignore it I guess :S

27. roguenoir

Only conceivable situation: when you're actions are an imminent threat to someone else's life (like threatening to shoot or stab them right there already with a knife or gun in your hand), they have the right to kill you.

28. earthshine

the only reason u exist is because god lets you. if u do belve in god, then the standing principal is god can do whatever the fuck it wants, it says what is right and wrong, not you. to god, life is meaningless anyways, since he can just create u again, so yea, god has the right to do whatever it pleases

29. Tsubaki_No_Mai

god creates u to kill u? if thats true then that is no god of mine

30. Kitty

Mom: I brought you into this world, I can take you out!

Me: Oh yeah, did I ask you to?

Mom: ...Oh, you kinda got me there.

(^_^ It was funny because the situation was so tense.)