1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Do something with Gotei 13. Kubo!

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Lusankya, May 29, 2007.

1. Lusankya In love with Alpha Hatsuseno

I dunno about you guys but im kind of disappointed with the gotei 13 captains. When they first appeared, they were presented as the strongest and most bad ass around. Then the espada and vaizard appeared and the captains' power level is seen as insignificant in comparison. Even Aizen commented that shinigamis reach a power ceiling where they cannot hope to get any stronger. Most of my favourite characters come from the gotei 13, but at the moment they seem to be relegated to cannon fodder status. Im very unhappy about this and im hoping Kubo will do something about it. What do you guys think?

Tags:
  2. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

Isn't that the whole purpose?

The current theme of bleach is hybrids. If non-hybrids can keep up with hybrids, what's the fucking point?

3. Lusankya In love with Alpha Hatsuseno

The point is they are some of the best developed and liked characters in the manga and i want them to kick ass and not the other way around.

4. Metric Jay Chou tard

How can they be relegated to cannon fodder status when none of them have died. In fact only 1 Captain has fought Arrancars (Hitsuguya), and he killed Qufang and was beating Luppi.

The focus of the story has shifted to hybrids because this is what the villain Aizen is trying to achieve. No doubt once the winter war start the Gotei 13 will take prominence again.

5. @lk3mizt Well-Known Member

yeah when the winter war come around, the captains will be back in it!

6. Ibox L? box

This arc is pretty much the introduction of the Espada, I don't see a captain showing up any time soon. And if you have checked any favourite character polls, you know some of the captains will have a dark future (Komamura).

But I think you're right. He should use them. Any other captain than Hitsugaya appearing would give me an everlasting pleasure.

7. SniXSniPe SniXSniPe

The question is, how will it be possible for the Gotei 13 to fight the espada if even a masked ichigo can't harm a #4 espada, much less harm a #6 in bankai form, who does not even use his sword?

LOL DBZ TRAINING FTW

The only people who stand a chance are the Vaizard and Captain Commander.

8. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

The same way that Rukia killed #9 with just a Shikai, of course.

9. Lusankya In love with Alpha Hatsuseno

Yeah, but at the way things are going, the captains are not going to be able do anything to the espada in the winter war. Unless there is a serious power up which is unlikely, considering how shinigami powers had hit a ceiling, the captains will be fodder. And i dont want see that happen to the gotei 13.

10. @lk3mizt Well-Known Member

dude.. THAT.WAS.PRICELESS!! :wtf

11. Aizen Fuck Bleach :(

quoted for fucking truth!

12. Ralphy♥ 愛あなた永遠あな

Who's to say that some captains are better fit to take on certain espada.

13. Aokiji Well-Known Member

The leader of the Gotei 13 is a fuckface.

14. _Grimmjow Ask me about Buttfuckery.

Who's to say where the celing is for the Captains anyway? Just because Aizen may have hit his peak dosen't mean the other captian's peaks are limited to his.

15. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

Massive plotkai, indeed

I mean it would be like "lulz we were slowly developing for hundreds of years, let's train for a few months to be three times captain level lol"

16. Sasori <font color="#8B0000">● GB Genius ●</font>

Yea this is basically my thoughts on this matter.

Their role is secondary now.

17. Talone SPARTAN-117

I think too many of you are undercutting the strength of the Gotei 13. We haven't even seen any of the captains truly go all out yet, besides maybe Byakuya, Kenpachi, and Hitsugaya. The Senior captains, Yamamoto, and the rest of the Gotei still defintely pose a threat to Aizen, I think, otherwise Aizen would've broken down the door to Serietei and destroyed the place already.

Also, other non-Gotei Shinigami like Urahara and Isshin are damn powerful; Isshin dropped Grand Fisher unreleased with one attack, which is quite a feat, and it should also be noted that he wasn't even at full power then. Urahara probably could have demolished Yammy with his Shikai attack had Ulquoirra not intervened. Yoruichi also gave Yammy the beating of his life, and that was without using Shunko (Flash Cry).

IMO, Ichigo (as a shinigami, or a vaizard) is still weak, and still has a lot of room to grow in terms of power. The Vaizards took on Ichigo in his full out hollow-form without having to resort to Masks till the very end; some of them didn't even bother releasing their Zanpaktohs. Masked Ichigo lasted a few seconds against Grimmjow, while Masked Shinji was tearing him to pieces. Ichigo needs to learn how to master the basics before he starts busting out Bankai / Mask like he's been doing on every opponent.

I defintely think the Gotei 13 are going to play a huge role in the upcoming Winter War, and they defintely pose a threat to Aizen and Co.

18. ez Jesus Christ

the captains really haven't shown any prowess just yet. Who of the captains has really been given a chance to fight full out? Byakuya, Kenpachi and Hitsugaya. How many more do we have remaining that have yet to do shit? 7. That means those 7 have something special otherwise we would have seen it already. I personally can't wait to see how much more hax soi fon will be in bankai.

19. Superrazien Former Wank-Nova 10

Heres what I want to know if Tosen > Grimmjow and Kenpachi beat Tosen then that would make Kenpachi> Grimmjow. But Kenpachi got beat by Ichigo before he even got Bankai.

20. SiSL The Hun

Quite true post. Most of abilities of captains are still mystery to us. And really good comment about Ichigo having room to grow.

I don't think anyone could say limit of Zangetsu is just Tensa Zangetsu + Getsuga Tenshou only as well ;)

21. Dr.Douchebag Terry Wrist

Its actually very smart from kubo right now he is just introducing the espada and HM to us which wasn't revealed at all before , so i'm not missing SS right now :amuse

as for the captains not fighting all out neither have any of the espada (except for arroniero and luppi) and so kubo will do both in the winter war.

22. bobo Super Awesome

The Gotei 13 don't need to lift a finger against the Espada when they have Retsu Unohana on their side.

23. Ralphy♥ 愛あなた永遠あな

aint that the truth :p

24. lyrs_amv One lemonade too many

The Winter War won't be as impressive or feature as many kickass moments unless Kubo builds up the Arrancar. It's just like that moment when Ichigo's dad sliced Grandfisher up. The follow up line was perfect.

25. Sena Kobayakawa Girls are: Yoona, HyunA

We still have yet to see all the Captains bankai.

26. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

well he can either have some of them achieve vizard status, have some of them expand their shinigami powers, such as learn bankai etc, or he can have them fight weaker enemies and so they can win. but i still think yamamoto ukitake and shunsui are totally powerful

27. Lord Ishi Member

I think the captains have served their use and purpose. They were meant to be people that made vizards and arrancar look like gods. It is like... can't think of anything right now, but I will get back to it later...

I think captains and the gotei are all washed up and used.

28. Talone SPARTAN-117

How can you even begin to say that the Captains are washed up and used when we haven't seen what half of them are truly capable of? There are still a number of Bankais yet to be revealed.

Additionally, if they're so "washed up", care to explain how a group of 3 former Shinigami Captains are able to keep all the Espada, Numeros, and Privarons in line? Hybrids might be the future, but the "Pure" beings (Shinigami-only) are sitting at the top of that food chain.

The Gotei 13, old (with Aizen, Gin, Tousen) or new (without), are completely capable of handling themselves. Hitsugaya may have been having trouble with an 11th Arrancar, but I would attribute that to him being a rather new, young Captain with powers not fully developed yet.

None of the other captains have yet to do battle with an Arrancar, and the one former captain that has (Urahara) has shown himself to be rather capable in dealing with an Espada (Yammy) using only Shikai. And Tousen has shown that he can slice through an Espada's iron skin / limb unreleased (Grimmjow's arm).

They're Captains for a reason....they're still pretty damn powerful in spite of the fuss about the power of Hybrids, and I wouldn't count them out so easily.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  29. Ralphy♥ 愛あなた永遠あな

I do agree. The captains are quite powerful. I also have alot of respect for hitshuga because even though he struggled. He still defeated arrancar #11 & sent former Espada #6 home. That very impressive for a "child" captain.

30. xiaojiang Renji Lover

i agreed with this. they will have their day when the winter war comes around or else...