1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Do spoiler threads ruin the anime for you?

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Blitzomaru, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Blitzomaru

This question is for anime watchers. I've gone to the house of Uzamaki to the battledome or the Outskirts battledome and have seen battles with key characters from the Manga that the anime viewers haven't even heard of yet. I've seen threads concerning characters and their abilities that haven't been seen yet. My question is, does that spoil things for you? For example, I will assume everyone has seen the rescue Sasuke arc. But before that, did you (anime viewers) see battle theards for CS2 Kimmimaro vs. Kakashi, or 'What new abilities do you think the sand trio has' while the anime was just getting to episode 110? Did that ruin parts of the anime for you? Because with the amount for posts going on now, if you are a anime-only viewer I think you'd be avoiding a lot of the forum sections because you can still see the title of the thread, and sometimes that can be enough. I'm not talking about the spoilder threads that have tags in them. I'm talkign about the ones whose titles are just blatent spoilers. And there are at least a dozen up right now. Thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Kaki

No, reading the manga gives spoilers....

3. Spanish Hoffkage

every week the manga multi spoils me :(

4. mellow kirby

yes ofcourse they do. i've seen it mentioned four times now that

it sucks :( :(

5. gokuden553

Yep spoilers defffently ruin the anime a bit for me, mostly now that part 2 is coming in 2 months and all... more spoilers will appear ^^;

6. Captain Gir

didnt we already have a thread about it??

7. Nicky The Ninja

I get spoiled every time a thread isn't marked saying it contains spoilers :(

8. Nuzents

well, i started to think, almost everyone here has been spoiled a bit. Most wouldn't know that their was a time skip, yeah you know there is trainning eventually, but not that they are skipping it. Or about the KG. the saying here is zomg KG, but if you only stick to the anime, you shouldn't know that it was coming up.

Does it ruin anything for me, not much, expcept some ppl sig that have key or future pic in them. They should put a spoiler tag on those img.

But I like discussing Naruto here, so it all good to me. I already knew I was watching fillers before I signed on this forum, but didn't know about the timeskip. I'm happy to know fillers will be over soon though, so I guess its on what is said, and how it effects the character advancement.

9. nwoppertje

I won't get spoiled, I'm quite up to date with the manga. But if I wasn't I would be quite pissed off when I read blatant spoilers in a part of NF where it's not allowed to spoil people that much.

10. Taffer

Due to spoilers i think ive probably got the jist of the first arc of part 2 :(

11. BloodAlchemist

I feel like I know almost every major event, hope it doesn't wreck my part 2 experience too much :(

12. Fighting Spirit

From this from i've been spoiled about 10 times now, from peoples spoiler tags, sigs(retarded to have manga sig as a sig without warnings) and from the battle domes ;/ and most are HUGE spoilers. So I know way too much of part2 considering i'm a anime viewer only.

13. Gamble

I got a great deal of spoilers from the lovely asses that love randomly blurting out crucial parts to those who haven't read the manga. I think it hasn't made it as exciting as reading the manga (something I've recently done to avoid anymore spoiled plots) but it hasn't affected me too much.

14. yuhun

No is mainly sigs and Avatars that spoils everthing.

15. Broleta

Yes, and it sucks. Some people are really inconsiderate.

16. Rori

I think almost every anime only watcher has got the jist of part 2 by now. =P

Honestly, sigs, avatars, certain threads, there are spoilers everywhere. Not much you can do about it with this many people on the forum.

17. itachi_kisame

yes but i read the manga after see the spoiler
    but if its something big like hurricane chronicles yeah it sucks to have spoiled that surprise

18. Nihonjin

Is a combination of titles + lack of spoiler tags + insane spoiler signatures & avatars.
    Put em together and you have the entire manga pretty much, people have ruined Naruto for me, thats for sure...and they're kinda trying hard to destroy bleach.
    *Result*
    I hardly visit the forums anymore (seeing as thats the advice people give you...dickheads)

19. Alekzu

Doesn't spoil me a bit. I read the manga long before I watched the anime. I enjoyed the anime very much even though I knew what was going to happen. But that's mainly beacause I watch the anime to get what I cant' get from the manga: voices, music and such. So I'm still looking forward to Part 2 just as much as everyone elese and I will love it, despite knowing what will happen. But then again, that's just me :)

20. gokuden553

Also spoilers in either avitars or signatures spoil me aswell.

21. El Torero

Fillers help you to donĀ“t eat spoilers, because fillers make you to read manga. Sad but true :(

22. The Beast Within

I don't like to repeat myself, so

THIS

23. DJ-Kage

Not at all. When I watch anime, I look for animation, music, the way they directed the scene, rather than the actual content. How is it made is by far more important than what it is.

As for avatars and sigs - OMG I SAW THIS SASORI THAT I KNOW HOW HE LOOKS LIKE BUT I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT HE DOES AND WHAT IS HIS ROLE IN THE STORY. BUT I CLEARLY CANNOT WATCH NARUTO NOW THAT I SAW HIM.

24. Karin Maaka

I have no idea why people are so anal about spoilers.

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, and I read the entire summary for the sixth book before I even bought it. :p

Same goes for stuff like stories in videogames. I love to read spoilers just to be spoiled and feel some excitement by reading them and learning something new.

Maybe I'm just one who doesn't care.

Personally, I think being a manga reader rather than an anime watcher for the Naruto series should help me analyze the episodes of Shippuden better when they come out, because I will be paying attention to how well it was compared to the manga, and other things, instead of anime-only watchers who will concentrate on only what's happening because they haven't seen it yet.

25. Senior_Superboy

I think it's a bad idea to be on these boards in the first place if you don't want to be spoiled.

26. FrostXian

You do not care because you do not give importance to the things you enjoy, you're probably too shallow to.
    Just like the Death Note spoilers in your signature, there's still many people that have not read that. If I was to report it, your signature would get deleted and I would be proven right as youre a worthless idiot that will not take full pleasure from anything at all in your hopefully short and painful life.
    ..That removed a weight from my chest, you know, I should rant more. Don't take it personal.

27. gokuden553

Mostly the signatures contain spoiler pictures of part 2.

28. The Beast Within

That's ok, no one's asking you to. All you need to understand is that spoilers piss some people off. This is the one section of the forum where spoilers should not be allowed under any form and those of us that get pissed off when reading spoilers even here are starting to have enough with the lack of respect shown from other members. Hope that gives you an idea.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  29. rorykage

when i found out there was extra manga material to catch up on,i was overjoyed to get up to date.when i first came to NF forums and learned there was a part 2 thatgoes beyond the anime, the few spoilers i saw that tipped me off only made me want to get the rest of the story.

i guess spoilers don't matter muchto me, because seeing and experiencing it for myself is where i get my enjoyment. reading someones statements about what went on just isn't enough to ruin my experience. but that's also because th largest portion of my interestis in the artowrk when it comes to the manga. and when the anime gets up to date, th interest will shift to the handling of the animation.

but i can understand other people's frustration, and i believe i avoid major spoilers (i hope my last avatar wasn't too revealing for anyone). like the OP suggested, if you are an anime-only viewer, it may well be great advice to avoid certain sections of the forum. and i'll make a greater effort to make less specific (or spoilerific) thread titles, though i pretty seldom make threads.

30. OMGicantbelieveit

Spoilers are one of the main reasons I started reading the manga. I was just going to just wait out the fillers. But then I kept running into spoilers on here, and I couldn't take it any more!

I owe the spoilers! I'm glad I read the manga.