1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Do you know all the hand seals : ]

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by dspr8_rugged, Oct 7, 2004.

1. dspr8_rugged

All about Hand Seals!!

As a Naruto viewer, I am quite fascinated whenever I get to see ninjas in the series doing hand seals to execute their techniques.

Though you may say that hand seals are not that important, but well, it's just me.

I sometimes try hand seals on myself (thanks to Narutofan.com for all the hand seal information...). :D

What about you guys? What do you think about hand seals.

--------------
    To the forum admin/mods: if similar topic exists, please close or delete this thread. Thank you. :)

Tags:

2. I think they're awesome myself, and quite difficult to do quickly in succession.

3. Balsnac

it's a interesting element that in a way sets the series apart from others, so instead of just screaming out "CHIDORI" or what not they need to think about it and use a bit more strategy.

4. co_co_the_monkey

yes indeed, they are worthless. but as an anime, they add some exitment to it. cant explain why though.

5. Tsukiyomi

I love watching them pull off complex hand seal combinations, especially if it's slow enough to make out the seals (Kakashi Vs Zabuza), lately it's been too fast to keep up with.

6. Psychoku

Statements like that disgust me. There are few things more relevent to true Ninja history than the Hand Cuts, or Hand Seals as they are called in Naruto.

Rin, Kyo, Toh, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen

Those are the Kuji-Kiri, or Nine Levels of Power, the 9 fundamental hand cuts/seals to the Ninja life. They are used to focus the energies in your body, or to be completely relevent to Naruto, your Chakra.

For those who are curious:

Rin - Strength
    Kyo - Direction of Energy
    Toh - Harmony
    Sha - Healing
    Kai - Premonition
    Jin - Knowing the thoughts of others
    Retsu - Mastery of time and space
    Zai - Control
    Zen - Enlightenment

It is said that the warrior state of "no-mind" is easily achieved through the proper use of these hand cuts.

And yes, there are many many more (I think it's about 90 total) hand cuts that the ancient ninja used and mastered. Of course, they weren't used to perform jutsus like we see in Naruto, but it was all for special channeling of the energies.

It's because Naruto has these hand seals that I am so impressed with the realistic aspect of the series.

Don't ever say they are of little importance again. That paramount to saying the Ninja never existed, they were only made up for Naruto by Kishimoto.

7. naruto_117

The hand seals are hard to do repeatedly like Sasuke's Grand Fire Ball. I can do it once extremely fast but after that I get confused and my hands go weird directions. :p

8. I like it...

9. dspr8_rugged

I still have a problem of getting my fingers entangled everytime I switch seals... :D

10. Psychoku

Practice long, and practice hard buddy. Some of them aren't easy at all in combination.

11. Totsuya

They are interesting, but you need to practice immensely to execute them rapidly.

12. kumowaiiyona

Has anyone seen the 'rat' or 'bird' seal in the middle of a seal permutation?

13. Final Ultima

*Coughs* Ahem. *Is the creator of the most accurate and pedantic hand seals list on the internet* I'd show you the list if it weren't for NarutoInfo going down. But yeah, not only have I recorded every seal chain in the anime/manga, I can also perform the seals quite quickly, I can do the seals for Raikiri in about 0.7-0.8 seconds and Kuchiyose No Jutsu in about 1.3 seconds.

To put it simply, yes.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  14. Shino911

Yeah ive tried doing all the hand seals but so far im not to good, infact ( i feel like an idiot) i broke my finger while i was practicing them and when i had to explain that to the doctor i felt so stupid but hey thats what you get when you want to be a ninja, jk. But to be able to pull off a seal in .7-.8 seconds is awesome so way to go Final Ultima.

15. NarutoBOT

Holy crap...

You cats take this shit real seriously... I mean how many times did you have to FF and RW each episode to correctly log the correct position of the hand for each seal. And where the hell do you learn something like... "there are 90 different seals".. and then to practice them.

You know what would really be funny... If you were practicing Like... Sasuke's fire ball seal at the dinner table and you finally got it and all of a sudden you like really had to fucking sneeze and you ended up fucking toasting your stinky uncle Pete who was sitting accross from you at the table... That would fucking rock!

Keep up the good work you crazy Narutoholics!

16. Krn Dragon

i personnaly think the handseals are awesome and add to the authenticity of naruto being a ninja. seeing as the ancient ninjas used handseals themselves

17. Maniz

I don't find hand-seals that hard, I practiced Katon: Karyuu Endan a couple of times, and now i can do it in a two-three seconds... But hell yes, Naruto wouldn't be the same without the hand-seals.... another thing, hand-seals are often used just to accumulate chackra, 4 example the Katon: Goukakyu no Jutsu only reqires Uma, Tora, but the first time Sasuke used it (when he was a looser) and when fighting against Temari in the woods, he executes many more seals to make the Goukakyu more powerful. There is also a pattern of seals, at least in the Katon family: Goukakyu=two seals (Uma, Tora), Ryuuka=four(Hebi, Ryu, Usagi, Tora), Housenka=six(nezumi, o-hitsuji, inu, usagi, o-ushi, tora) and karyuu endan=eight(weird seal, o-hitsuji, uma, hebi, ryu, the kagemamane seal, o-ushi and tora) so I bet the creator put a lot of thought into this ;)

18. Final Ultima

The longest it ever took to record a hand seal chain to my list was about an hour.

19. Penfoud

Isn't that from Hunter x Hunter, when Wing explains Nen to Gon and Killua?

20. Uchiha Suzie

They look cool and it's a little more interesting than just saying a magic word or something. One of my favourite moments was the hand seal copying between Zabuza and Kakashi. I can do the relevant seals in order for the summoning technique, though a little slower than on the anime ^_^;
    They are of quite a bit of importance, if there were no hand seals then what would've happened to the whole Orochimaru losing the use of his arms story? The third did that to him so he couldn't form seals to do techniques.

21. naruto_117

Hmmmmm:cool: i think I might have me a challenger...;)

22. Sasukelvl1

wow you guys i can only do katon no jutsu

23. Final Ultima

My ultimate goal is to do Suiton Suiryuudan No Jutsu at the same rate Kakashi and Zabuza do it, from memory alone. But that'll always be the dream...

24. dspr8_rugged

Damn, you guys are good...

But seriously, I haven't "executed" a specific technique. Regardless of which, I don't expect anything to happen upon a correct execution of hand seals. :D

25. Final Ultima

Oh, and perchance does anyone have the resources (and willpower) to upload my hand seals list? It's hard refering people to it when I can't even show them. If anyone is able to and doesn't mind, please IM me.

EDIT: What Did You Do!?!?!?

Thanks to Ketsueki for providing me somewhere to upload the list.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  26. Chrono27511

I'm 95% sure there are 81

~~~~

also isn't chidori like 4-5 seals. It's physically impossible to do four hand motions in less than a second. It would all be just one weird looking blurred hand motion. Like "You're just jealous i can say all 50 states in a quarter of a second.... marh" I think the only handseal you can do in less than a second is for kage bunshin.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  27. hyuganeji

Wow...honestly i haven't really tried any hand seals yet. but i want to know the hand seals for byakugan but it's all ruined when hinata has her flashbacks of naruto or something in the middle of it...

28. mary no jutsu

me and my friends have so much time on our hands its just sad well i can do the hand seals for kuchiose no justsu really slow though but my friend is a maniac when it comes to hand seals she can do chidori hella fast and kuchiose no justsu like jiraiya and that fire technique thingny she is hella tite but i think her brother is better than her i have no idea what he can do but my friend says shes no where near as good as him. man we have no life

29. bluewolf

... i thought they only use combinations of the 12 zodiac seals. at least that is according to the narutofan site an i have seen nothing to discredit that theory.

ok .. i have a question.. i am sitting in the woods in naruto world and pound out 3 seals yell "WHAT IS THIS" no jutsu and something may happen? (provided i applied the correct amount of chakra for something to happen..) I mean do i have to have in mind what is supposed to happen when i do it.. if i do the seals for fire breath and apply x amount of chakra will i do fire breath even if i dont really know what i am doing mentaly?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  30. Uzum@kiNarut0

They`re....i don`t know-they`re important in battles.I mysilf learned katon housenka no jutsu and chidori :D