1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Do you like long threads?

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Yasha, Nov 28, 2005.

Do you like long threads?

1. I like them because they are usually nice and detailed

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. Nuh, I seldom bother to read them

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  3. I hate long threads

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Yasha Procreate

Some people prefer to post lengthy articles in their threads. Do you bother to read them most of the time? I don't unless the opening can intrigue my interest to read on.

Tags:
  2. Dragonzair I'm with Maria Hill!

If the topic interests me.

There are times when it has become to intersting, that I don't take a reak in between posts. And I get dizzy.

3. onewithchaos Member

only if i like the topic :D

4. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

A long thread or a long post?:huh

I usually don't look into long threads unless I've posted in there already... although I do occasionally peek into one if the title is intriguing. Though I'll usually just read the first page, some middle pages, and then the most recent pages. If a thread is really interesting, then I'll read it all the way through.:amuse

Long posts... I used to read all of them, but... it does take a while to do so and most people end up repeating what's already been said, so I just skim most long posts unless they draw me in with something interesting or if I know that the poster usually posts interesting material.

It is easier to read long posts though if they're properly spaced out in paragraphs so that they're easier to read.

5. martryn Dick in hand

Seldom. I will if its an interesting news article or its posted in such a way as the words don't run together. The Theory section gets pretty bad so I avoid it entirely.

6. Yasha Procreate

Long post.:oh

7. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

You bastard!!!1 ::p :amuse

8. Yasha Procreate

Actually I wasn't referring to you. I posted this thing before that silly thread of yours came out.:p It is just a coincidence*shrug*

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  9. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Yeah it depends on my interest in the subject and the reason for it being lengthly. If it's full of nonsense or repetition, then I just move on. If it's on some ridiculous theory, then I just move on as well.

10. Kyuubi kid Member

Of course I don't read them. Why would I wanna waste 1-3 min of my life, reading a post that may mean nothing to me.

11. shibigoku Master of the fist

no it's a real turn off

12. rimpelcut You know it, I know it.

I read everything, no sweat.

13. Rocklee88 no.

umm not really, i just skim through :p

14. Rui Guest

I like long posts, if it make sense. but if its long and full of nonsense, then it shouldn't be read.

15. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I generally read the first few sentences, and if it's too long I just ignore it. I'll be honest, I hate reading long posts. Especially the kind that don't put any breaks in, and is just on giant paragraph -_-

If it's written properly, and has adequate spacing, then I may read through it, but only if it's interesting.

But as a rule, I avoid giant posts.

16. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

If the topic interests me, then of course! Also, if it has good grammar, I'll prefer them that way too. In all honesty, I think anyone appreciates a good post regardless of the length if it's interesting and easy to read. :D

17. Jef88 88

depents :amuse
    i dont like long threads
    but if its fcs i like it when there long and big :)

18. NinjaJedi007 d[-_-]b

If I see paragraphs of long text I usually just skip over it. Usually it's just someone ranting away about something. If it's the very first post then the title of the thread better be really good, then I might read it.

19. Grrblt Banned

I seriously cannot stand short posts, at least not when trying to make a point. It's ok when asking questions and shouting small theories of course, but otherwise I really appreciate when you put some spirit into your posts.

This post doesn't count.

20. dylec .

I like long posts, not long threads. The longer the threads ther harder to follow, since there are likely multiple subtopics in there. On the other hand, long posts (as in at least 1/3 a page or so) mean a more thorough expression, more detailed discussion. Those are the bulk of the threads. :amuse

21. Kaki Condensed hits harder

I like Long, hard threads with bulging veins.....

22. onigiri-chan oni is a good girl o.o

reminds me of a funny story

on another forum I’m on there was this long "congratulations thread" for 2 of the members were getting married, the girl made the thread saying she just got engaged, and the guy posted in there as well.

it got to be quite long
    a coupla months later it got resurrected by the girl, who said that it didn’t work out they never got married and they both broke up ( turns out they didn’t mention till that update that they were both 14-16 most people assumed they were older)

funny thing is most people looked a the first few post of the first page then wished them " congratulations" with out even bothering to read though the whole thread, to the hilarity of the other member, everyone kept saying, it basically because i giant test to see how many people read though the whole thing

lesson learned read thought a entire thread before you make a post..lol

23. monk3 Ryokan Pride

when i feel in the mood, i like the lengthy posts cuz usually they are intresting. and if i make a lengthy post i usually put thought in it, and you can see that the other person put some thought into it too.

24. Wing-Zero Whoa!!!

I agree with most people. That if it is intresting I will continue to read it, if not I will move on.

25. princesstaco Tastes like...

It really depends on the thread/post. I skip the posts/threads I find boring and read the ones I find interesting. Length doesn't have much to do with it.

26. Soluzar New Member

Long threads: Only if I got in near the start. If they are already long before I come to them, not so much.

Long posts: Sure, as long as the grammar and spelling is correct, and the idea that the poster is trying to get across is good.

27. dream00 cheeky bastard who wanks a lot

For me, it depends on a lot of things:

-Repitition -> If it seems to be a repitition of what's previously been said, I say fuck it

-Grammar -> If they are too lazy to capitalize "I" and are too lazy to re-read their work and make sure their spelling is correct, then I think I'll be too lazy to read their post.

-Actual length -> I'm not reading a 3 page essay

-Topic -> If it interests me, I'll definitely give it a shot

28. Sakashi Water good, Milktea better

If it's interesting, i read it all. But most of the time, i don't even bother ><

29. Mizura Meh

Long posts: while there are bad ones too, long posts are still to my experience statistically more likely to be well-thought out with detailed and insightful explanations, compared to very short ones. The badly written and badly presented ones are still annoying, in which case I skip them, but then again, for every bad long post I've come across, I've come across a dozen as bad if not worse short ones, so hey.

30. Master Scorpion UG's High Priest

as long the thread about how good is sasuke..I would glad to read it eventhough it's long...
    and the other, I never read it, so that's why I am so lazy to read all comments from KN..! Imagine how is boring when we read the whole essay about ninjutsu,taijutsu, and blablabla :p