1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come enter in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Deadline for entries is Sunday, September the 15th at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Do You Like Sharingans? Why Or Why Not?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Kingnaruto, May 28, 2007.

What do you think of sharingan?

1. I think Sharingan is cool

46 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. I think Sharingan is lame

41 vote(s)
    43.6%
  3. Clever/Lame way to get my shots in at Itachi/Divinstrosity

7 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. Kingnaruto

Personally, I find Sharingans to be corny. Granted, it may have a lot to do with the fact that I'm somewhat obsessed with each character's skill & power levels - but, in my view, I've yet to see a GREAT fight that involved Sharingans.

To explain why I dislike Sharingans, I'm going to use ItACHI as an example:

I think the main reason I'm reluctant to place a character like ITACHI on the level of JIRAIYA is because of his SHARINGAN. He seems to handle every problem with a SHARINGAN, and I just can't see how that makes HIM powerful. If SHARINGAN were to COPY EVERYTHING AND COUNTER EVERYTHING - how does that make ITACHI a powerful shinobi? It makes him hard to kill, because you have to get past a EYE THAT sees and reads all to get to him - but the Sharingan does all the work. Itachi can't read minds with out sharingan and is probably average without it, so why give credit to Itachi for what his Sharingan? When people say Oro and Kakshi Got beaten by Itach the basically got beaten by a cheat cartridge which means win no matter the situation.

If I'm walking around with a couple If im walking around with two mind readers - who are you afraid of me - Me, or my Mind readers? You may be able to actually break my skull without effort - but the fact that I have two individuals protecting me that could probably Genjutsu you in two, makes me someone you don't want to fuck with...

This pretty much means that, someone can base their entire fighting style around SHARINGAN not really have much fighting ability, and live longer than someone like MAdara ... who may have had a Sharingan, but in his prime, probably could do a great deal of damage without it. Would that person be worthy of being called a great shinobi?

Dedicated to divinsrosity

Tags:
  2. slumpy

if i could chose any bloodline, for me the sharinga.

If you have sharingan, you get ubercoolnisme for free
    in my world i need to smoke something and then i get red eyes.

So sharingan for the uber win

3. jceaz

Kishi seems to give sharingan users new powers whenever he wants to so at this point I think it's the cheapest thing in the Manga.

4. Dementia

Every ability has its weaknesses. I personally like Sharingan, as well as the other blood-limit abilities. They often are quite powerful, and are capable of surprising the enemy in the battlefield, especially if he doesn't know anything about it. Sharingan is one of those abilities, and it's quite helpful against standart skills. Is that bad? Everything can wear out.

5. raibbhani

It is nothing more than just overpowered eyes. Thats why i dont like it. I rather go on hard way and i will probably felt so good beating a guy who use Sharingan with my own hardwork. But of course everyone will want the eyes because of its abilities.

6. Narutogenius

Sharingan = uber hax. Everybody knows it. A lot of people don't like it cause they find the battles to lack depth. We see a lot of internal genjutsu action which is usually just dialogue explaining how great the sharingan is, how you can and cannot counter it, and how strong the sharingan user is. What we've rarely seen in the battles involving Sharingan is two Shinobi go toe to toe and exchange meaninful blows or a lot of physical combat.

7. gonen

i not think that is cool
    but i not think that its lame neither...
    its ok.
    regular bloodline.
    MS is cool
    :D

8. analyticalkeys

I liked Sharingan when it was first introduced, but nowadays it seems like anyone can have one, so it lost its magical touch.

9. Kingnaruto

Is there anything in any manga that is as cheat as sharingan?

10. Purgatory

Sharingan comes from the Uchiha, making the Sharingan utter shit.

11. Dementia

Kyuubi maybe?.. You have to cheat if you want to live.. That's just one of the laws of nature.:nod

12. Sharinganmaster29

i like its appearance and abilities but what i don like is that sharingan is too overpowered...i mean a sharingan genius could surpass alomst any1

13. Sasuke_Bateman

I want those eyez <3 ShaRingod eyez

14. narutofangd

When the Sharingan was first introduced it was rocking

back in the days when the Sharingan (Copt wheel) was an accurate describtion

But Kishi has been granting it more and more power ever Since things have gotten so bad

15. Kingnaruto

I wonder if anyone noticed i compied this thread.

my humor is sort of tisted, i laughed so hard when i saw this, im sure many of you wont find this very funny, BUT I DID!!!!:nuts
    especially her last words, they sent me over the edge

16. Shinkirou

Thats because there are only 3 sharingan users left and none of them have really been given a good chance to show off their skills. Itachi just wtfpwns everybody too fast for it to be good, Kakashi only uses it when he's so completely outclassed that the sharingan hardly ever matters because the fights already mostly over. As for Sasuke, by the time he recieved it, he was being placed in one bad fight after another to where the sharingan wouldn't be able to help him in the least(not counting the VotE because that was a great fight. It also involved the sharingan btw). So like I said, they haven't have a good chance to fully demonstrate what they're/its capable of.

Its still a natural part of Itachi, so it being powerful just boosts his other strengths. So saying why should you count Itachi as being strong because of the sharingan is like saying why should you count a boxer as being strong just because of his arms and strong punches, which doesn't make much sense. Also, Itachi cant read minds at all, so thats an invalid point. Why is it a cheat? Just because they dont have it doesn't make it cheating to use it, thats like saying that Jiraiya cheats because he uses summons, whereas his opponent doesn't have any, or that Naruto uses rasengan because his enemy doesn't have a jutsu to compete with it. Also, its been pointed out many other times, but sharingan doesn't equal autowin, if you suck, you're just going to suck slightly less if you have the sharingan. Its like any other jutsu or skill, if you dont train with it and get used to it, its not going to help you that much.

I have no idea what this has to do with anything, but let me point out once again that sharingan users cant read minds.

You can base a fighting style on just about anything, so this point is somewhat moot. Would a person that bases their fighting style on taijutsu be able to be called a great shinobi? How about someone who relies on summons? Maybe someone who fights only by attacking in large numbers? using this logic, nobody would be able to be called a great ninja because they're all based on something.

I also want to add that the only thing thats been added to the sharingan since it was introduced was that it can be used to suppress bijuu, and even that might be something that only Sasuke is capable of since neither Kakashi nor Itachi has shown the ability to do it. So I dont see where all the Kishi just keeps adding powers to it shit is coming from. If you want something that keeps having stuff added to it, look to the uses of the Kyuubi.

17. l Itachi l

I find it to be pretty cool xD.

18. Grrblt

I liked Sharingan when it was a copying/predictive tool. It stopped being cool when it became the swiss knife of ninja attacks.

19. Noah

At first, it was cool. An ability that lets you copy your enemies attacks? Awesome. But then we find out that it can actually predict movement, control demons, completely fry someone's brain, teleport things to other dimensions and call up the black flame of doom. Who knows what else it can do?

It went from a cool little trick that allowed for creative battles to Instant Win Button. It's like fighting againts Shikamaru's taunt in Shippuden Accel, Sagat's C.Fierce in CvS2 or Cable's AHVB in MvC2. Whoever pulls it out the fastest wins. It's just not fun with it.

20. Kumomaru

There's a bunch of characters in all different stories that can see something once and copy it perfectly. There's the guy from D.o.A.2 (I forget his name) that copies Hayate's crazy lightening thing.

I thought the sharingan was pretty cool but then people on Narutofan started assuming once you had the sharingan that was your bread and butter and you weren't allowed to use anything else ever regardless of the character fighting without it many times.

So now it pisses me off.. but only because people are dumb...

21. shadowrocks17

22. PradaBrada

23. Shinkirou

Dont hate the sharingan, hate the stupid people. :notrust

24. Kumomaru

The sharingan in itself s a cool concept but yes I do hate the people it's more or less what I meant xD I hate the sharingan for creating the people.. both sides of the argument actually

Sharingan > all
    and
    Sharingan = shit

Both equally dumb arguments

25. Kuroro

I don't have a major problem with the sharingan. Kishi has been pretty consistant with the sharingan's abilities since day one. It's suppose to be uber to begin with. However, I may end up changing my mind as we learn more about the sharingan/Kyuubi relationship.

26. Kingnaruto

Thanks for your comment i know i was merely messing about to prove a point .

27. Donald

Meh, i don't see it as any more different than having a pokemon sealed inside of you. It's a tool like everything else, and only as good as the man who wields it. Now it so happens that the people weilding it are currently some of the smartest and most talented Shinobi to ever grace Narutoworld, so of course it's going to be depicted as "hax". But look at the scrubs from the Uchiha clan that Itachi whupped in the blink of an eye. Three of them, all with the Sharingan, got their asses kicked, and Itachi didn't even use the mangekyo to do it.

Like i said, it's a tool, just like the Kyuubi, just like the Byakugan.

28. Sky is Over

Me, I don't really like the Sharrigan, mainly because the characters and the eyes itself are way overrated.

29. Kishido

"Madara wasnt the evolution of Hyuugas, he was a mutation like AIDS or CANCER or the chicken flu"

LOL that makes my day xD

30. sharinkugon

no good fights involving sharingan? have you seen the pre timeskip naruto vs sasuke fight? that was probably the best fight in the entire series so far and a big part of that was sharingan. sasuke went from getting his ass kicked to taking control of the fight after "upgrading" it.

and also, you cant knock certain characters for being strong becasue of their abilities. if you want to do that then u might as well say EVERYONE in akatsuki sucks. most of them so far seem to have some ability that makes them who they are.....just like itachi and his sharingan. the ability is part of them. its not like itachi went to the store and bought a new set of eyes to kick everyones ass. it took time, effort and skill to develop the sharingan into what it is.