1. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Breakfast!
    Deadline for entries: February 10th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Art Lounge Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We consider ideas for a brand name. You can probably come up with a good one. Click. Within cells, interlinked.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Come enter in Flash Fiction -- Photo!
    Deadline for entries: January 29th by 11:59pm EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like the direction the anime has taken?

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of May 2013' started by Kaido, May 9, 2013.

1. Kaido

Do you think the anime should have followed the manga chapter by chapter or are you OK following it chronologically?

Tags:
  2. Aldric

I'm fine with the anime following the action chronologically

The way the manga did it was pretty awkward, personally I understood it as both a tribute to the Golden Age arc in Berserk and a way to hook the readers right away with non stop action but it was far from ideal

I didn't like the filler scenes at all though, I thought they were poorly done, pointless, and showed a misunderstanding of the original material

3. Kaido

4. Aldric

The scene in ep 2 where Eren is a dick to Armin and Mikasa forcefeeds him bread

They also changed Jean's interactions with Eren in ep 4

And in ep 5 they added that scene with the noble playing chess with commander Pixis (though that one isn't that bad, just sort of pointless)

5. Robin

I actually like it better this way. It's not as confusing and we get to know characters that won't play a big role until much later. Plus the later action won't have to be interrupted.

6. Brian

It's better this way, I liked the training flashback in the manga because I started becoming more attached to the characters, like Jean, Annie, Reiner. Plus I actually started remembering their names, habits, and what they specialized in. It's better to get to that early on in a anime format.

I think this is the only change that I hated. Just makes Eren look like some whiny brat who looked down on Armin.

7. Magician

I love the way the anime is doing it. I think its much better this way and I personally thought the filler scenes actually made it better, IMO. In the anime I can really see Eren's bloodlust which doesn't come off as strong as in the manga.

8. Inuhanyou

i think for the most part the anime is doing a good job.

but i do have certain issues with how the anime handles certain scenes and how some important ones have been removed, as well as how certain character designs have been modified (many of the females) and how certain characters have been handled in general(mikasa i think so far has suffered the most by far out of anyone in the conversion from a design perspective and a characterization perspective)

also, although its not the popular opinion...i do think having the seige of trost near the beginning with character introductions of the group later was a better fit as it significantly ups the tension as you only really know the main 3 when shit hits the fan.
    Spoiler:
    since the anime introduced everyone beforehand...it lessens the tension significantly since they are the main group and you know they dont die with actual character depth at a moments notice unlike the other fodder.
    although that may just be a side effect of both reading the manga and watching the anime.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  9. Aldric

That's not bloodlust that's just petty Sasuke style douchebaggery

WAAAH I DONT WANT BREAD *throws it in best friend's face* I WANNA KILL TITANS WAAAAH U WEAK PIECE OF SHIT

10. Jon Snow

As long as they don't pull a Game of Thrones, it's fine.

11. Shaz

12. MonkeyDNaruto

Yea that anime did it perfectly in my opinion, made a lot more sense. Overall, the anime has just been amazing.

13. emili

I like it the way it is. Differs than the manga. It helps me looking at the story from another perspective.

14. Immortal

I can't imagine how the order of events could have been presented better than the anime has portrayed them thus far. Perhaps after the anime concludes I'll check it out for myself.

15. Arya Stark

I haven't read the manga yet and for the first time in my life, I'm refraining myself from reading it. I believe this shows how much I approve of anime's direction.

16. NO

The series gets so much better down the road. I marathoned the manga yesterday and I have to say the first 5 episodes are barely conclusive to the actual quality of the series.

The anime is still pretty good, quality adaptation - I mean, it made me read the manga - and I still won't miss an episode, but I still recommend the manga if you can't get enough from the anime, because you will get more.