1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Advice Do you Need some Relationship Advice?

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by baconbits, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

2. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

I have said that I would, but I am waiting for the opportune moment.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

Today, Lady J treated me to dinner for my birthday (since I treated her to dinner for hers), which was very nice; nothing out of the ordinary occurred this time, unfortunately, except that, during conversation, she mentioned that she had an allergic reaction to a brand of deodorant that she had been using, so she switched brands. That was not much, but it was the first time (or one of the first times) that she has shared personal information about her body with me, so I imagine that that means that she is becoming more comfortable with speaking of such subjects to me. Perhaps I can delicately and gradually see what other personal information about her body she is comfortable sharing with me?

On a less positive subject, Lady J will not be able to attend my pool party on next Saturday (July 28), because one of her cousins suffered from a stroke, and that shall be the only day that she can visit them; she was very displeased that she could not attend, but I can perfectly understand her decision, since I would do the same if one of my relatives suffered from such an emergency, and we both know that there shall be other times when we can get together.

By an even worse twist of fate, Lady J invited me to one of her relative's 50th birthday party on August 11, but that is the weekend of my brother's bachelor party, which really displeased me; what are the chances that those two events would happen on the same day? (apparently, very good)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Island In the Sun

But at least you know what deodorants she’s allergic too.

5. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

6. Cubey

At this rate, you guys will be holding hands in no time :noo

Excuse my lewd comment, but it simply needed to be stated.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

8. Mider T VM Rapist

Well it's no birthday BJ, but I guess it's the 19th next best thing.

9. HisokaRollin Sougo, my boy

You will do whatever you want to do ddj but are you even serious about asking her whether she is your girlfriend or not?
    :leo
    Or are you really satisfied with her sharing with you random informations she could easily share with unknown lady at the shop?
    :mikebatman

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

I said that I would ask her about the status of our relationship later, ideally when we are out celebrating our second anniversary, when there shall be a more appropriate atmosphere for such a discussion.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  11. Shrike Let's Baby

I wouldn't push you or hurry you to make any move you are unsure about, but I would like you to know that talking about anything about your relationship should be normal at any time, especially if you already consider her your girlfriend. Of course, I don't mean this too literally, like asking her if she'd like you to lick her arm in public, but while you are alone, it's okay to ask her "are we in a relationship" casually because you have described your mutual understanding as something that would easily support such a convo.

12. Ashi Ka-Ka!

Why do you keep putting this off? You guys were at dinner you could’ve just sprung it on her then instead of just talking about deodorant rofl

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

First, she initiated that subject (I do not recall how it at all emerged); second, it was at her house, not at the restaurant, where she mentioned it.

14. Island In the Sun

Are you not allowed to initiate conversations?

15. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

Be a man! Ask her. You were at dinner with her man.

16. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Supporting Staff

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Gunners .

That puts the second paragraph in bad light bruh. Her cousin had a stroke.

18. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

Yes, and I am completely sympathetic toward her; both she and I are very disappointed that she will not be able to attend my party, but I understand that her family is more important, as I would do the same for my own family, as well.

I initiate plenty of conversations with her, but I believe that it is best if we both take turns, to achieve balance.

Why did it make you sad?

19. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Supporting Staff

because my expectations of you finally asking lady j to be your girlfriend were met with the reality of you staying silent while she told you what deodorant she's allergic to, lol

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  20. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

21. HisokaRollin Sougo, my boy

Im here for short time but all i can say is- should we really be suprised?

22. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

23. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

I said multiple times that I am waiting until September, when we are out celebrating our second anniversary, to address that subject.

24. Mider T VM Rapist

Its arbitrary. I feel like a few days after the wedding you're going to post here that you and her were alone and she was waiting expectantly for you to say something importantly, but the humidity in the room was .56 too high so you decided to instead comment shades of hue in the sunset.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  25. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Supporting Staff

And we said multiple times that the day, time, or occasion you do it is meaningless. It doesn't even make any sense. Think about it: you're going to wait until your second anniversary to ask Lady J if she's your girlfriend? Please repeat that to yourself and tell me honestly that it doesn't sound ridiculous.

Here's the thing. If you are completely and absolutely certain that she's your girlfriend as you claim to be, then you shouldn't be worried about a negative response at all - because the answer should surely be yes. Moreover, if you are in a relationship, then you should be able to discuss that relationship whenever you want rather than on some self-designated arbitrary annual occasion. If you fear the answer is no or otherwise non-committal - which I suspect is the real reason you're being so hesitant and slow about this - then you should still ask because it's disrespectful and disingenuous to pretend you're in a relationship, tell other people you're in a relationship, and allow other people to believe you're in a relationship when you are, in fact, not in one. I understand why you might be afraid to ask, but if you actually care about Lady J as much as you say, then you owe it to her to be honest.

Take our advice instead of just ignoring it or dancing around it in circles until you decide that you want to switch the topic when everyone invariably disagrees with you. I don't want to sound disrespectful, because this isn't intended to be an insult, but probably literally everyone who has contributed to this discussion is in some way, shape or form more qualified than you when it comes to relationship advice or otherwise approaching women.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  26. Shrike Let's Baby

More like the stars didn't align properly that day.

27. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

I originally was planning to use the wedding as a way to initiate the subject of our relationship, and its future, but I felt that it would not be a good idea to ruin a happy and joyous occasion with such a serious subject; also, I really wish to go to Providence Waterfire, and I do not wish to go alone, so I do not wish to risk alienating Lady J from me before then.

Also, as I have said, before, I am really hoping that Lady J and I will engage in some form of sexual activity, then, since I do not know when there shall be another time when we shall be along together without the possibility of other people interrupting us, so can anyone here offer any advice on how I can make that happen?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Lewd Lewd x 1
    • List
  28. HisokaRollin Sougo, my boy

Dude... please read @Atlantic Storm reply again, key?

And how do you think you are going to seduce a girl to have sex with you when you are too scared to even ask her whether she wants to be with you or not?

29. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

30. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

I'm fucking around breh! :catbuff now flex.