• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Do You Need Some Relationship Advice?

Akira1993

I have had a crush on a female for about 3 years. Crush grew as she works at my local book store, and overtime we got a little flirty, but nothing serious. Had serious conversations. However, only at her job. She has a boyfriend so I never chased after her. Recently, I was at the shop other there, and we started talking about Stephen King novels, and then asked me if I wanted her numbers. I was elated because since I have had this crush, of course I wanted it, but I never asked because of the boy friend.

I started reading the book she recommended me, and time after time we had good conversations. She brings up her boy friend once in a blue moon. When I came to the book store with my female friend, she seemeded distant, was not looking me in the eye and laughing at my jokes as usual she made side glances at my friend. I thought nothing of it.

When I got her number I noticed that now she has an appearance on my social media. Which I know is probably because of the phone number. However it's kinda of an aggressive recommendation because she's always at the top of the list with one friend.

When I went to the book store yesterday, I bought my books, and then when I got my drink she made me I called her "The G.O.A.T". I always call her that, but this time I looked up she was smiling at me directly, and was looking directly at me. Didn't shrink away when I smilled back. Her face got a little red. Then I left.

I just kinda don't know what to do, because I get this feeling that she may have some feelings for me. However, I won't be pursuing her because of her boyfriend. However, at the same time I want to be in her life?

What is your guys take on the situation.
Just give up and pursue One Piece.

Worm Juice

Braphog
I'm not saying actively interfere; just that if her relationship is on a timer and she's looking at other prospects, that's going to happen anyways.

It seems they've already got chemistry so at worst, don't distance himself just because there's a boyfriend in the picture, because there's a possibility that's about to change. Just... stay open, is all I'm saying.
I agree with Gunners. If you are at the mindset that it’s not gonna work out, it’s better to breakup than to already start setting out your lines. If it’s a polyamorous situation that’s different again, because it’s part of a partnership agreement. But if it’s someone being tired of their relationship and setting out lines without any communication about it to there partner it shows a bit of lack of character.

Lurker

The dance lessons will be finished by the time that the pandemic ends, and any students who have sufficient courage to go to the studio will also have sufficient courage to eat at a restaurant.

Because any money that I spend on rent could have instead been spent on a mortgage; renting an apartment is essentially paying someone else's mortgage.

I shall soon find out; I have another private lesson, tomorrow, but I imagine that the instructor will be having group lessons, soon.
Would you ever date a ebony girl?

DemonDragonJ

the host with the most
Why do you consider it a waste of money?

Because I failed to make a new friend, and I do not imagine that I shall be in any situation in the near future where my newly-acquired dancing skills would be useful.

Actually, learning new skills is always good, and I can always return to the studio in the future, after the pandemic has ended, for further lessons.

It's possible to get lucky and run into someone that doesn't care, but this isn't the safest climate to be meeting with people and insisting on it comes off as kind of selfish.

Who knows for how long this pandemic will last? I cannot put my life on hold because of a situation over which I had no control, especially because I can never regain that lost time; if I were newly-graduated from college, waiting for this pandemic to end would be no problem, but I am a working person with many responsibilities who is already in their early-to-mid-thirties, so I do not have that luxury.

@B Rabbit, I think that it is great that you are in such a situation, and I encourage you to not give up on that woman; make an effort to increase contact between herself and yourself, so that you and she will become more comfortable in each other's presence. From my experience, if she mentions her boyfriend only rarely, their relationship is likely not a very serious one, because, if it were serious,. she would mention him frequently to ward off potential suitor, so I suggest that you invite her out for lunch or dinner, if you have not done so, already; if she objects to a one-on-one date, suggest a double date, instead.

Would you ever date a ebony girl?

Why are you asking that?

Depends if his brother's wife is ebony. If not, then the answer is no he wouldn't.

My brother does not care about such matters, but I do.

Lurker

Because I failed to make a new friend, and I do not imagine that I shall be in any situation in the near future where my newly-acquired dancing skills would be useful.

Actually, learning new skills is always good, and I can always return to the studio in the future, after the pandemic has ended, for further lessons.

Who knows for how long this pandemic will last? I cannot put my life on hold because of a situation over which I had no control, especially because I can never regain that lost time; if I were newly-graduated from college, waiting for this pandemic to end would be no problem, but I am a working person with many responsibilities who is already in their early-to-mid-thirties, so I do not have that luxury.

@B Rabbit, I think that it is great that you are in such a situation, and I encourage you to not give up on that woman; make an effort to increase contact between herself and yourself, so that you and she will become more comfortable in each other's presence. From my experience, if she mentions her boyfriend only rarely, their relationship is likely not a very serious one, because, if it were serious,. she would mention him frequently to ward off potential suitor, so I suggest that you invite her out for lunch or dinner, if you have not done so, already; if she objects to a one-on-one date, suggest a double date, instead.

Why are you asking that?

My brother does not care about such matters, but I do.
My man Ebony women will stay with you if they like you. They are pretty loyal.

Canute87

Nuke Imminent
I have had a crush on a female for about 3 years. Crush grew as she works at my local book store, and overtime we got a little flirty, but nothing serious. Had serious conversations. However, only at her job. She has a boyfriend so I never chased after her. Recently, I was at the shop other there, and we started talking about Stephen King novels, and then asked me if I wanted her numbers. I was elated because since I have had this crush, of course I wanted it, but I never asked because of the boy friend.

I started reading the book she recommended me, and time after time we had good conversations. She brings up her boy friend once in a blue moon. When I came to the book store with my female friend, she seemeded distant, was not looking me in the eye and laughing at my jokes as usual she made side glances at my friend. I thought nothing of it.

When I got her number I noticed that now she has an appearance on my social media. Which I know is probably because of the phone number. However it's kinda of an aggressive recommendation because she's always at the top of the list with one friend.

When I went to the book store yesterday, I bought my books, and then when I got my drink she made me I called her "The G.O.A.T". I always call her that, but this time I looked up she was smiling at me directly, and was looking directly at me. Didn't shrink away when I smilled back. Her face got a little red. Then I left.

I just kinda don't know what to do, because I get this feeling that she may have some feelings for me. However, I won't be pursuing her because of her boyfriend. However, at the same time I want to be in her life?

What is your guys take on the situation.

As what? What role do you want to play there?

DemonDragonJ

the host with the most
If I met another woman in whom I was interested, and I did not know her age, how could I learn her age without arousing her suspicion? What is a way that I could casually introduce that subject into a conversation?

Nah I know them too. Their marriage is a sham. Trust me, I'm Mider T the marriage expert.

Are you, yourself, married?

DemonDragonJ

the host with the most
Getting married is a mistake, so you can't be a marriage expert and married yourself.

I must disagree with that, as I would never trust a person who claimed to be a marriage expert if they were not themselves married, just as I would never trust a dentist with poor teeth or a dietician and/or fitness instructor who was overweight.

I must disagree with that, as I would never trust a person who claimed to be a marriage expert if they were not themselves married, just as I would never trust a dentist with poor teeth or a dietician and/or fitness instructor who was overweight.
Choosing to make the wrong choice doesn't mean you don't have the knowledge to make the right one. You have much to learn young Padawan.

Canute87

Nuke Imminent
If I met another woman in whom I was interested, and I did not know her age, how could I learn her age without arousing her suspicion? What is a way that I could casually introduce that subject into a conversation?

Are you, yourself, married?

If she's too young or too old?

Canute87

Nuke Imminent

Steve Harvey is some relationship guru and he's been divorced three times.

Top Bottom