1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  5. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  7. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Do you think we'll ever see prime All Might vs. All For One?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Aros001, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Aros001 Well-Known Member

Given what's happened recently in the manga with Midoriya seeing the past between All For One and his brother, I'm curious if we'll ever get a flashback or a Midoriya seeing a vision of All Might and All For One's original fight, the one that crippled them both for years to come. There's probably no real NEED to see it, given we did get to see their last and arguably most important fight, but it could still be pretty cool, especially if there is a story-based reason why Midoriya is seeing it or why we the audience are getting a flashback to it.

Tags:
  2. Haruka Katana

3. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

It'd be cool to see what other style of quirks AFO was using. Gran torino even said they were completely different than the raw power approach he took the second round.

4. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

I hope so. Epic fight! :swtf

5. WorldsStrongest Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist

6. Ye Xiu Admanistrator

Maybe in an anime special

7. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Or as part of a movie.

8. Tayimus Number One

Well, we saw a bit of his style when we saw Nana go up against him. Dude was summoning skeletons and shit. :dafuq

9. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think we will because the hype is too strong and whatever we get will 99% be a letdown. It is probably also too hard to think of a battle about AM in his prime. I figure it is akin to something like Hago and his brother vs Kaguya. It will be referenced and maybe have a one shot panel to show silhouettes but we will never see an actual 100% battle.
    I'm sure it will also be hard to specifically write a battle out of nowhere. MHA is really good at setting up spaces and doing pre-battle things that a fight randomly out of nowhere wouldn't really bode to well for me imho. If anything I'd like a flashback arc I guess of sorts.

Then you get into the scaling territory where anything we see Prime AM doing then a lot of people will find/try to find inconsistencies in his power sort of how Minato and Tobirama happened during the War Arc then you go back to fights when they were alive.

Another thing I believe, and as anime only I may be wrong, is that this is Deku's manga and not AM's per se. I don't really see them trying to go back in time for a whole lot other than a few panels or references. This is Deku's time to shine and the further we go to Deku being a powerhouse I just don't seem them doing the focus on AM again. Maybe Deku's powers and the previous holders but certainly that isn't AM exclusive. Sort of how Boruto is definitely Boruto's manga and there aren't too many talks or chapters all about Naruto and his past completely outshining his son. I don't think everything shifting to AM will happen because it leaves Deku in the dust.

10. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

This is a movie part ? Damn, I need to get my hands at that movie.

11. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

The imagery of AFO's face being smashed to a pulp by an All Might with his entrails dangling out would be pretty metal to see drawn by Horikoshi. But, I dunno, you see what these guys did to a city when they were way past their primes and you try to imagine what cataclysmic damage they were doing in their primes, and yeah. I think this is one of those things best left to the imagination. That intangibility of possibilities gives it a mythic and romantic quality.

I'm cool with either, but I guess I'd prefer if it remained unexplored.

12. Tayimus Number One

13. Luiz Well-Known Member

All Might's first fight against All For One happened just a couple years before the present timeline. He already was past his prime.

But yeah, I do want to see young All Might unleashing all his power. He must've been a God back then.