1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think

Discussion in 'Featured Manga of January 08' started by Chi, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Chi

That Gutts stand a chance against Zodd when he is in control of his Berserk armor?
    "Normal" Guts proved to be pretty much equal to Zodd in his human form (fight on the swords hill) and we all saw what he did to that dragon apostle while in berserk mode.

Tags:
  2. Goodfellow

I suppose there's a decent chance of that happening. Mostly because the suit let's Gutts do some acrobatic manuevers to avoid Zodd's bull's charge

3. Delta Shell

Probably.

You think Grundbeld is stronger than Zodd?

4. AbnormallyNormal

berzerker gutts >= transformed zodd

there is good reason zodd had to let gutts ride him and order him around lol

5. forgotten_hero

With the armor, Guts is much more flexible than most people in armor are. I think with that advantage, Guts would be able to dodge Zodd's attacks.

6. Coteaz

Remember that Zodd casually reattatched his right arm after Skull Knight severed it. Not sure what exactly that adds to this, besides the fact that Zodd is an ultrabadass, but eh.
    I think that people are seriously underestimating Zodd. Berserker Gutts would be a huge improvement over their last encounter, but I don't think he could quite beat Zodd yet.

7. forgotten_hero

True, but Gutts' sword does have that special ability now that he
    Spoiler:
    has killed so many with it
    And the Skull Knight has that new move with his sword where he
    Spoiler:
    shoves it down his throat and it can warp time and space or something like that

8. Perverted_Jiraiya

Gutts gets faster more flexible and shit with the armor, but SK seems to be faster then gutts plus SK is really fast with sword too, I don't even know have Zodd don't die when they are fighting.

Frankly Zodd seems slow and don't have anything to parry a sword with in full transformation, besides the horn which he only got one of now.

Didn't Griffith cut of Zodds arm iirc? so no super strength required.

maybe the freak is immortal :pek or you need something special to kill him.

9. Segan

Zodd is by no means slow in his beast form. It's just that he's much easier to hit because of his large size.

I reckon, Berserker Guts would easily dominate human Zodd, especially since Guts seems to have one of most durable conventional sword existing in Berserk, which puts him at an advantage against any other swordsman with inferior swords.

But if Zodd goes Apostle, then Guts is going to be wrecked sooner or later. Not that Zodd would get away unharmed, but with his regeneration it doesn't matter all that much.

10. 'REDHAIRED' SHANKS

Gutts in the Berserker armor will take this one ....

Zodd gets more power when he is transformed. Berserker armor gives speed boost too .... it would be easier to dodge Zodd's attacks IMO.

11. Segan

Even Berserker Guts isn't going to dodge forever, especially not when he keeps coming at Zodd.

Otherwise he would have dodged Grunbeld instead of blocking.