1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Strange (MCU) vs Xiaolin Showdown

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome' started by Azzuri, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Azzuri The Killing Joke

Tags:
  2. Sloth Enchanting your damage.

He should be pretty far outside of XS raw DC. Pretty sure that moving the moon, in order to create an eclipse, is the greatest DC feat in the series. Which should fall pretty short of the large planet level that Strange is sitting at.

I can't think of any hax XS has that Strange doesn't.

How fast is Showdown?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  3. Azzuri The Killing Joke

They're in the quad mhs range (or the speed of light with the Shard of Lightning).

4. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

He isnt beating the Cosmic Dragon. Wuya's instantaneous warps would likely give him a run for his money.

5. Sloth Enchanting your damage.

I can't think of anywhere she could send him that he couldn't instantly return from.

I'm not sure anyone has the potency to affect Strange. From what I remember (and have seen re-watching season 1) very few types of magic in XS actually bypass standard durability. So, even hitting Strange with XS' pseudo-hax would take someone with large planet DC.

Both Wuya and Dashi (based on his creation of the Lunar Locket) have the power to casually pull the moon around. That should be the ceiling for XS. Even Chase feared Wuya at her most powerful. So this should be the top of the totem poll.

6. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

A Dragon that is literally the Xiaolin Showdownverse.

I mean warps in the sense of instant reality warps.

And no, if I recall correctly Chase surpassed Wuya at the end and requires the Cosmic Dragon to be defeated.

7. Sloth Enchanting your damage.

Nothing by that name comes up on the XS wiki. Was it in Chronicles or the original Showdown?

Ok. So far, all I have seen her do is conjure stuff. As of the end of Season 1, I haven't seen her do anything the OBD would consider reality warping.

Honestly, the showdowns themselves are the most reality warpy thing I have a seen through out season 1.

8. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

In Chronicles, I dont blame you for not knowing, I have heard it was a pretty bad series and it indees kinda disappointed me.

I mean stuff like warping the world into her domain, the moon and how she created stuff like Ray's game room on a whim.

Bloodlusted she should be able to weaponize all that. Still if Strange has the Time Stone I think he should win.

But I just dont see him defeating the Cosmic Dragon.

9. Sloth Enchanting your damage.

Pretty sure Chronicles isn't canon. From the like 3 episodes I saw, there seemed to be more than enough contradictions to disqualify it.

If you mean at the end of Season 1 when she turns Raimundo, all she does is conjure an army and begin taking over. She doesn't just will herself queen of the world, or something. We even hear her conveying her demands, via messenger, to a world leader (likely The PM of Britain). "Tell the Prime Minister that it's either unconditional surrender, or I'll knock his jolly-old island to the bottom of the Atlantic."

I agree that she could weaponize this magic, but none of it constitutes "reality warping".

The moon was just a shadow and her emblem. She puts the same symbol over the sun. I don't see any reason to assume she is changing the very nature of the sun and moon. Seems more like a large-scale illusion. She was capable of those even in her ghost form. *Yes, this contradicts the earlier comment regarding Wuya moving the moon. I rewatched the scene.

Rai's game room would either be conjuration or energy-mass transmutation. BFR isn't viable against Strange, and transmutation isn't generally considered proper hax. So, if this is all Wuya has, she isn't affecting Strange. Not if the Lunar Locket is the most powerful thing Wuya scales to.

10. Sir Jogga Duke of Inanity

Chronicles’ continuity with the original show is questionable at best. They pretty much ignored the ending entirely tbh

11. OneSimpleAnime King of Kaiju

12. Sir Jogga Duke of Inanity

They even retconned the names of the Shen Gon Wu (ex: “Orb of Tornami” to “Orb of Torpedo”)

Plus it changed from WB to Disney XD

13. Darth Nihilus Super Saiyan Black

14. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

Well, anyone here knows if Chronicles is canon, despite its contradictions and continuity errors? If it is, Strange stops at the Cosmic Dragon. If it isn't then he clears.

15. OneSimpleAnime King of Kaiju

16. Sloth Enchanting your damage.

This. This, right here is what immediately turned me off the reboot. I was down for a Disney-ified revival, but not when they go full Shyamalan Air Bender on it.

I also think this is more than enough to call Chronicle's non-canon. The Orb of Tornami was the signature Wu for the show's mascot. You can't swap something like that and then pretend you have single continuity. Without WoG, or something, this pretty much seals Chronicle's non-canon status imo.

Sounds about right. Unless I'm missing some kind of proper hax, or unless Dashi and the other top tiers actually scale to something in the large planet range.

Mental attacks seem like a possibility. I don't remember Strange having a great deal of mental resistance. Things like the Sapphire Dragon, Shadow of Fear, or the Mosaic Scale (Sibini) might be able to affect him.

17. Sloth Enchanting your damage.

So, like, the XS Earth is apparently flat. This brings the whole cosmology into question. And makes me think twice about treating their moon like the moon.

18. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

You're really underrating the moon and sun things and her calls the UK have more to do with her fucking around than anything. The shit she did to the setting itself goes a bit beyond standard magic.

19. Sloth Enchanting your damage.

I guess we just have a drastically different interpretation of those episodes.

She's only in power for a few hours, and nothing she does strikes me as beyond standard magic.

- Casts a shadow* and tramp-stamp on the sun and moon
    * the shadow only happens to the moon
    - Kills a bunch of vegetation
    - Conjures minions
    - Manifests material objects and magical constructs

Even her tanking the Shen Gong Wu isn't impressive in a hax sense, given that she only tanks energy-based attacks

- Star Hanabi: Fire
    - Orb of Tornami: Ice
    - Third Arm Sash: Earth

Doesn't help her case that Dashi was able to create a box that could seal here consistently, even despite here being "so beyond" Shen Gong Wu at her most powerful.

20. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

Yes, because Dashi is (if I recall correctly) by far the most powerful known being in the original XS.

It doesnt contradict her being beyond Wus.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  21. Sloth Enchanting your damage.

My point was; even though Wuya could hand-wave some Wu, the same guy who created the Wu was still able to create a hax device that could contain her. This fact doesn't help her case; that she is some kind of hax lord (hax lady?).

22. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

What he created was not a Wu, it was something else. Wus still should be unable to touch her, which is telling, because it includes shit like the Hoduku Mouse which can undo the past.

Also the Box contained Dashi himself, which was the one that actually defeated Wuya, the box only sucked in her soul.

23. Sir Jogga Duke of Inanity

This is usually how it goes.

Wuya is such a good villain, too

24. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

I think by the end Wuya was retconned to be > Dashi. Dashi apparently needed help to win.

25. Sablés Well-Known Member

Wuya > Dashi. The early series made it seem like he defeated her solo, but Monk Guan and Chase both helped him.

26. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

Inconsistent retcon, not to mention even if true, it is clear Dashi eventually surpassed Wuya by himself, given how he easily defeated her at her full power when she came back in the original series.

There might actually had been 2 battles, the first in which a younger Dashi defeated Wuya with help and a second one (the one we were told about in the early series) where Dashi soloed her.

27. Gordo solos David "Gordo" Gordon

Haven’t watched it in years, but I remember Wuya reality warping the planet early on in the original series. Strange isn’t winning this

28. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

29. Sloth Enchanting your damage.

So...this may be less one-sided than initially believed.

30. Man from Shadow Just having fun