1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

Voting for the first Konoha Country Club Poetry Competition is live!

Please check out the Entries here.

Place your votes in the 1st Choice Vote thread here and the 2nd Choice Vote thread here.

-- NarutoForums Staff

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Does a Kage Bunshin feel love?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Fonster Mox, May 30, 2007.

1. Fonster Mox Khe Tyūbi

I was wondering, how much intelligence do you think a Kage Bunshin (that's shadow clones, dub fans) has?

Do they completely copy the mind of the user? Do they think they're the real thing, with all the memories and everything? Do the other Kage Bunshin feel sad when their friends explode in a puff of smoke, having only lived for as little as a few seconds? I think it's tragic that something with sentient life can be created and destroyed so easily. :cry

Come to think of it, I've always wondered how the bunshin knows what to do. How does any clone user relay his ideas to his clones? Telepathy? Do they just do what he probably wants them to?

Do you think a Kage Bunshin could watch 20 others die, then say say "Well, fuck this" and run off and live in a foam hut somewhere, carefully dodging all pointy objects? Whilst forever housing some of the original user's chakra without them noticing?

Will somebody please think of the Kage Bunshin?

I did do a brief search to see if this had been done before, so don't attack me!

Tags:
  2. Mangekyou ANBU Captain

i think they might since they seem to fight alot.That shows they have some emotion.But so far i have never seen anyone of them run off..

3. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

Erm they won't live forever since they are released through a handseal or probably when the user dies.

4. DarkRaven7789 Kamehameha?

If Sasuke learned the Kage Bunshin technique,i wouldnt be surprised if one of clones would do that.

5. frenchmax Active Member

actually, I think naruto' s bunshin' s do not "live" long enough to feel something. But if you take a look @ the olympics special:
    Spoiler:
    they seem to feel real pain when naruto' s gotta get the crap out of his ass^^

6. Kakuzu GB Imperator

I'm going to guess that they don't feel love.

7. Jashin-sama I AM YOUR GOD

They're probably sentient to a degree but in the end they're just Naruto's pawns , to do with as he pleases , otherwise they might get mutinous

8. tensu_bloodline サイモ&#1253

eehm, they have some intelligence and a own meaning, but I don't think you can have a kage bunshin love scene or sumethin..

9. Fonster Mox Khe Tyūbi

10. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

I believe that they can feel emotions,

Spoiler:
    when Naruto trained with the leaf cutting with his clones it was shown that the different ones can feel joy at doing the task better than others.
    But even if they can feel such things, I believe that each of them knows that they are there to be useful, and so they are content to exist until their time is up, I think they have the awareness/knowledge that a clone cannot last forever.

11. A2ZOMG Seeker of teh truth

Kage Bushins are exactly like the real person, only they can be contacted instantaneously by each other mentally. Naruto is able to quickly take in whatever experiences a Kage Bushin has when he dismisses it or when it is "killed".

Yes, as someone said, Asuma training Naruto in wind chakra. It is a fact using Kage Bushins can drastically speed up training processes. It works this way because the Kage Bushins themselves are honing their skills and transferring the experience to Naruto. It goes to show me that they have feelings (how else would Naruto get any experiences if they didn't have any feelings at all?). I don't think they're limited from love, but I don't think it will be a major emotion they will experience... =P

12. Shiron BOING!!!

I don't see any reason why they couldn't; they seem to feel other emotions just fine, after all.

13. DethStryque *Murderous Intent*

>_< i think there what ever Kishimoto wants them to be :)

14. Drunkenwhale Starlit Artist

There should be some restrictions on how far a Kage Bunshin could travel if one were to run away...

There also has some mental restrictions by the original. The Bunshin should have somewhat the same mindset as the original. Since most Kage Bunshin don't go off to do something else as current evidence in the manga. (If Naruto had no control of his clones, some might rape Sakura... Or poof trying... XD)

Kage Bunshin is most likely a forbidden skill for another reason. Because it takes some experience to control the clones. Naruto's clones have independently done other things... (Beating each other up, sleeping...)
    One reason Kage Bunshin works for Naruto, is because he's somewhat simple-minded...

15. natwel Deux Ex Machina Lolz

If it's a complete copy and the original is love, then the answer is yes.

16. Enzo Active Member

I think he can. But when he makes loves he would be destroyed...*gg*

17. jettwinlock New Member

The Kage Bunshin have emotions, otherwise wouldn't they just have blank dull faces like a doll.

18. spudrow2005 Smart Ass

they are exactly what they are called, clones and have all the knowledge, feelings, and traits of the caster the only difference is that the chakra of the caster is divided amoung the clones and they disappear after taking a certain amout of damage which is usally 1 hit. when the clones are destroyed the informtion each clone learned is passed back to the caster allowing them to learn things at a incredible rate (not as fast as the sharingan which usually allows almost instant memorization) that is how naruto learned to add his wind element to the rasengan.

19. Luin Baka

Even if its meant to be a joke, its interesting to think about...

I think a shadow clone is just like a branch of the caster's conciousness. It does have feelings and conciousness. This is clear from the way they act individually as people have said, but also because (the real) Naruto often talks to his clones and tells them what to do. But also when they poof and conbine their learnings with the original its like the branch rejoinging the stem.

However, because they are only copies of the original user, they dont grow or develop their own personalities, neither are they separate beings. As the name suggests, they are merely shadows of a single real conciousness. If an exceptionally cowardly shinobi used the kage bunshin jutsu then their clones might run away, but none of Narutos clones would do that cos they are just him.

So I guess that means that clones can feel the love that the original feels. He could probably fall in love if he survived long enough too i guess, but this would really be naruto falling in love, as it is essentially his conciousness which i temporarialyl controlled by another mind.

Think that probably turned into rablings....

ah well, I know what I mean. :laugh

20. Mukuro Death B4 A Million ?

21. Portgas D. Ace THe master