1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

Does anybody ever actually learn something from Shonen?

Discussion in 'Akihabara Lounge' started by Trolling, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Trolling Well-Known Member

Particularly battle shonen, but other shonen as well. Things like moral lessons, trivia, a more effective way of doing things, anything? If you have what shonen was it and what did you learn?

Tags:
  2. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

I learned that my bonds with my nakama are the only things I need to overcome any obstacle in this world.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Trolling Well-Known Member

Sweden
    Be yourself and you can always improve.

5. Xiammes All For One Administrator

I probably learned something when I was kid, but they typically beat you over the head with the stuff. Which is a good thing that there is such a redundant way to beat in morals, if they stopped, then actual gaps might actually start to appear.

6. root eltiT resU motsuC

Let your chakra flow through a piece of paper to learn what nen type you have.

Bandaids and meat heal all wounds.

And when you die, there's a fuedal Japan themed life of poverty awaiting you.

Really though, shonen works for me as a motivational thing. They beat you over the head with 'work hard, support your friends, be nice' morals. But series like Naruto are a nice dose of empowering positivity for when I'm down and demotivated. Oh, and Hunter x Hunter taught me a bunch of random trivia about auctions and fictional board games and stuff.

7. Xel dorkness

I don't think so. I grew up reading classical literature (that was technically written by adults for adults - thanks, school :catdefeat) and I've only started reading manga in my late teens so there wasn't much left for me to learn from literature aimed at teens I suppose. For me it's just entertainment value and occasional feels.

8. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    What I learnt is the shit I should avoid when I'm writing a story :dank

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Deidars Member

Maybe. I think when I was younger and watched Naruto it had some positive influences on me. The show definitely aided in me becoming an extremely optimistic person during my high school years. I had English essay assignments where I had to write about a quote that had an impact on me, and I always chose quotes from Naruto. I wasn't a good writer back then, but my teacher liked me for how optimistic and thoughtful I was with it. I'm definitely not as optimistic as I used to be, but that's the effect it had.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Keishin Well-Known Member

Unless you mean like
    becoming an eSports expert from DBFZ

11. Rifulofthewest Member

Yeah, shonen battles learn to me that all problems could be resolve by use the violence:bang

12. Catamount Wreak havoc

Uruguay
    It depends on your current experience in life. If you are at the point where you are confused by certain questions and you stumble upon anime or manga that highlight them, you will definitely find something to think over and consider.

Talking seriously, there are some things that remind that not only fighting for your dream is important, but also sometimes you should accept the reality and move with in in synchrony.