1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone think Neji vs. Sasuke is gonna happen

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Zhero, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Zhero BAN-KAI!!!!!!

Everyone has talked about the match up, and actually some has to test sasuke's power persay, i dont think the first encounter was a test of power, i think it was a showcase Kishi was doing for his favorite character. Besides that anyway, These two are described in konoha as a genius, they both wanted to fight during the chunnin exams...but it didnt happen.

Two mid jounin lvl nins, who were top of their classes, i mean theyre would have to a twist or turn in the manga to make this climatic battle happen. Some1 before Naruto vs Sasuke pt2 is gonna feel Sasuke's power from Konoha, could be Neji, Rock Lee, heck even if possible Sakura or Sai. Its to many varibles on how this could happen but its something nice to talk about

Discuss away

Tags:
  2. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

There would need to be some complicated scenario like Orochimaru aligning with Hidden Cloud to destroy Konoha and so sending Sasuke to kidnap Hinata and acquire the Byakugan for his allies, leading to a battle between Neji and Sasuke.

3. utsusemi Member

nope... happen not gonna' , there is too much other crap going on in this series. Maybe Itachi may run into neji, and for the 1st time actually get challenged, but sasuke has too many other ppl to be thinking about.

4. Zhero BAN-KAI!!!!!!

Very True, like I said something would have to happen in order for it to happen

5. ramseyT Crazy is better

at this point i doubt it would happen because if neji would get in the a fight with sasuke neji would probably get killed by sasuke

6. Sho Active Member

I actually think that scenario would be awesome :oh

7. Seelas on a Forums Break

There would be no point in Neji vs. Sasuke. At this point we have so many rivalries and connections between characters, and only so many fights left. Why would they pit Neji against Sasuke, when the two have very little connection at all. Sasuke has a lot of people with strong connections to him that he still has yet to fight - namely Itachi and Kakashi - and I'd predict at least one more showdown with Naruto as well. There is just no time or place for him to fight Neji.

8. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Retired Staff

Chapter 142, Page 10 courtesy of http://devilbox.dead.org/naruto/

I still stand by my post there. :x

Not much reason for them to fight. I can't see Orochimaru putting Sasuke in any kind of scenario where he'll be forced to face Neji.

9. Shishi-O Oda Is God

don't know why.:)

10. superflyninjaguy pimpjuice pwnage no jutsu!

i would write a letter w/ "fuk u" written 1000x over to kishi if that happened
    ...and sign w/ hugs and kisses >_>

11. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

Neji isn't important to the plot.

Not anymore

12. Di@BoLik Who turned the lights off?

Jah.. Sasuke can't afford to lose a battle.. for plot reasons.

13. 4th's Legacy Assistant Ramen Chef

I thought I have read an interview before with Kishimoto saying Anko is his favorite character?

Byakugan vs. Sharingan would be a nice match. I just don't know any possible way in the plot atm to see this happening.

14. Zhero BAN-KAI!!!!!!

15. MF NaruSimpson In memory of Trayvon

the beginning of the series hinted this, then it went nowhere and now i can't see how it might happen, though it might be cool

16. Futagokage Runaway Kage

About the battle, The last Uchiha vs. The best Hyuuga sounds like a great battle, both are powerful adversaries and I feel that battle as our beloved Sèar & Shield Fable (because IMHO Neji is more defensive and sasuke is more Offensive).

Is going to be Canon? I really doubt it, there are no really a reason beyond gai's team encounter Orochimaru's at some point, but even then is a difficult scenario.

17. Sasuke` Konoha no Kiiroi Senkō

I think it would be a good fight..just to see the sharingan vs byukagun part, sasuke wouldnt be challenged though. I dont think there would be a point in the battle happening.

18. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

Neji served his purpose already in the Chuunin exams. He wont be fighting Sasuke, or any main villains 1v1.

Now we could could still have a potential Byakugan vs. Sharingan fight still.becuase Hinata on the other hand still has to prove her path and harself to Naruto. So there is a chance we might see her take on Sasuke.

My guess is Sasuke beats up Naruto, Hinata jumps in and and saves him, and fights Sasuke for a while. She gets almost killed also. Naruto thinks she is dead, goes nuts and thrashes Sasuke.....

Thats my guess atleast.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  19. Orion For Sanguinius!

20. narutofangd Banned

sadly no :cry Negi will have to settle with helping Gai defeat kisame. off the topic i think that Negi will be pivotal in that fight due to kisame's large chakra capacity so he has other people on his mind.

21. Woozie Active Member

Seriously, this would have made sense during the chuunin exams. But the current Sasuke would more or less overrun Neji.

22. fukush Banned

23. IonDragon Old School

personally ive always wanted to see that fight D:, hope it happens some day.

24. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

I find it far more likely for Neji to run into Itachi now that Konoha has teams hunting Akatsuki. Now that would be an awesome brief fight with Byakugan vs Sharingan even tho Neji would get owned.

25. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

A fight between Sasuke and him could have been interesting before Sasuke got his complete sharingan and without any cursed seal use.
    But pwning Neji now wouldn't even prove anything about Sasuke who aims for Itachi's level and fared so well against team Yamato.

26. SleepingDisaster I fight for what I believe in

but if that really happens, sasuke will own neji

many people think that neji and sasuke are at the same level
    but according to the plot, neji will lose, so for plot reason, sasuke is higher than jounin level

27. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

I was with you until that last line. which I completely disagree... but thats not really an arguement for this thread.

28. XMatchBookX A Natural Disaster

^^^^^^like that 1

and the....

Hinata and Neji has almost been non-existant in part 2.. what makes u think Hinata has any more chance to fight sasuke that Neji.. seriously... Neji would be the better fight... Hinata wouldn't have a chance(IMO)

29. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

Umm... Neji served his purpose in part 1. His fight against Naruto in the Chuunin exams was his chance to shine, and assist the plot. He did both of these.

Hinata is part of one of our 4 important Genin teams (now mostly Chuunin) but has not served her purpose to the storyline, yet. Assisting Naruto in a fight against Sasuke would fufill that requirement. It's not a matter of "ZOMG HINATA WOULDN'T HAVE A CHANCE!" becuase technically, Kishi could make Konohamaru kill Itachi if he so pleased. It's a matter of our high end B-List charecters serving thier purpose to further the storyline and main charecter, which Neji has done, and Hinata still needs to do.

30. XMatchBookX A Natural Disaster

yes i kinda but dont agree.. but seriously.. hinata against sasuke....... hinata is already low self esteem(although she might have more) .. sasuke is a very good talker and he can hit u like a 1,000,000lbs brick wall of words.. i mean he almost broke naruto.. but hes too stuborn..its part of his character.. i dont hinata could stand up to sasuke... unless kishi made her more like Naruto like ignoring and just beating the shit out of ppl.. but i doubt kishi would change her that drastically... would be bad writting...

and i do think she fulfilled her purpose.. she changed her ways and thought alittle bit more of herself, wat other purpose does she have.. other than telling naruto she likes him.. which i think she just admires him for the way he is..and she pretty much is non-existant in the show.
    but so is Neji .. but i still think he has a better chance in fighting sasuke.. just cause hes a true genious like Sasuke.

and i dont think any of the characters fulfilled their purposes yet.. if they did.. they wouldn't be in the show.. its part 2 of naruto theres still alot that can happen, but hinata against Sasuke.. Sasuke is supossedly a jounin lvl ninja, and Hinata is only a chuunin.. now.. ppl are probably gonna say sumthin about some of them beating ppl that were jounin lvl b4.. but they were not sasuke lol.. sasuke is a VERY important part of the entire plot of the series.. i dont think kishi would make him and Hinata fight..would be a waste of time.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006