1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

does god help you along the way?

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by kakako petja, Oct 23, 2005.

1. kakako petja New Member

hi,

i have had many times that when I realized something someone came and verified it. for instance my father often starts talking about a topic just when i had tought it through. or i see something on tv. or i download new music that is says exactly what i need. for instance when i became a coward because i was in a new environment with new customs and other boys and girls i tought i need to tuffen up get my act together just be myself and all that. and then 50 cent the massacre album had allot of songs about just that and made everything clear. also i saw/heard allot of things about life, how people think, society, kapitalism after i had thought about it.
    part of me believes it is god and destiny, part of me believes it is just because of cause and effect: i think about it and start moving in that direction or because i thought about it i find those truths where i didn't noted them before. but sometimes it is just weird when someone starts talking about those things out of nowhere the same day i thought it through.

anybody else had this? or maybe other miracles? please share! hehehe

Tags:
  2. Kabuto_o Genjutsu master

I think I know what you mean, has happend for me many times. Can't say exactly what has happened, I don't remember too well. It's more like destiny and the place I never went to because of several reasons and the point is that I was lucky that I didn't go there. Many coincidence's is also a root to thoughts like this, feels like god is helping me along the way,

I won't say it's like that. It only feels that way, hehe i'm neither a believer or a total anti believer when it comes to religious stuff. I won't deny gods existance completely, I won't say he exist either. I said to much, i'm out of here : )

3. princesstaco Tastes like...

I agree with you. I definately like to lable things as providences rather than assuming they occured by chance. It always seems like I have waaay too much stuff to do and too little time. Yet no matter how stressed I feel over things in my personal life, they always seem to work out for the best. It kindof feels like someone out there is keeping watch over me.

That being said, I've learned an interesting perspective- that what a person believes to be true plays a bigger factor in how that person acts than what actually is true. It's quite possible that I only trick myself into believing that God watches over me, and that belief is enough to encourage me to behave in a much more productive manner.

I guess there isn't really a way to tell the difference. I think I'll keep my beliefs just the way they are right now.

4. Lord Itachi Uchiha God

yes he does... a lot of times we just forget what we asked for so when we get it we dont realize that he gave it to us

5. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

God helping along the way? Does along the way count for children that die early? I'm not saying that there is no god due to these reasons, but I am saying that I doubt that this creator interjects in life as often as people think. Why would he help with such a trivial matter when there are dying people involved. It just seems weird to think that he would help out with someone thinking of getting a new shirt and then someone coming in with a new shirt for you and then saying that it was through god that this happened. Especially when there's someone dying of hunger and noone comes in with a bowl of cap'n crunch for them.

I think it's just cause and effect that causes these events to happen. Coincidences are also rather probable. There are many practical reasons to explain this as well, but putting god into it doesn't seem to be one of the top reasons in my humble opinion.
    j

6. Danny Lilithborne 我を愛する修羅

Why do people bring up dying kids as an example of the nonexistence of God? If anything, it proves the opposite - death is mercy in this world, better for kids to die early when they don't really know the difference.

7. Lord Itachi Uchiha God

God does help. Everything in life has a purpose even if we dont like it. Everything in life is acorrding to his plan.

8. Kimi Sama A sphincter says what?

Oh? How does that work then? If everything is according to God's plan, does that not mean all the shit that happens to you is his doing as well? If so, how exactly is he "helping" you?

Surviving a plane crash without a scratch, for example, someone might say "God helped me to survive"... but didnt God also cause the plane crash?

As you might be able to tell I'm definately against the idea of God "helping me out". As well as the reasons above, theres also the fact that I dislike the idea of being a marionette on God's strings.

I dont believe in higher powers or fate. Life is what we make it, and to pass the buck and say "God did it" is both ignorant and cowardly.

9. uchiha mike New Member

Most of those shit happens at the hands of people.

I definately believe in God, if i achieve something i always believe it's because of him.

Of course, diseases and stuff happen, i can't explain it, but it doesn't mean God does not exist.

I just can't imagine the whole world as being superficial and one big coincidence.

10. Kimi Sama A sphincter says what?

Thats a contradiction. If someone does something bad, it's their own fault and not God's, but if you achieve something, God helped you do it?
    What about when you fail then? Does that mean God abandoned you for a time?

I agree with you here - theres far too much about the world that cannot be explained. Science doesnt hold all the answers by a long shot, but then neither does any religion out there, so I choose to go for the one that means I dont have to follow lots of extra rules in the hopes of some reward afterwards.

11. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

No proof he does, no proof he doesn't.

So I don know.

12. uchiha mike New Member

I just meant God helps you on you're way, but in the end you must do it by yourself. Forget my English, it not my home language.

And for the rules and stuff. I never go to church. But that doesn't mean i believe in a wrong way in God. Religion is just your own thing. You'll just have to think about it, i don't think it will help for everyone if you sing those songs every week.:tem All those different kind of religions.....the most important thing is there's a God.

13. kakako petja New Member

maybe people give up the search for the way and don't get helped.

I myself don't believe in god because i do not have a reason to do so. my vision on the question "why": if something(universe,dimension whatever) can't appear from nothing(so also no god) and something can't become nothing then there is only something. we have logic because our universe works that way. cause and effect. if this then that. And it gives us the need to explain things with reasons.
    but anyway i made a mistake by putting the thread title as it is. i wanted other people to tell their storys of luck and as it may seem "helping" along whatever they are trying to accomplish and whether it is because of ourselves, interrelations, or maybe god. but it is not just a discussion of whether god exist or not.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  14. kataimiko 忘れるものか この一分一秒を

It boils down to this:

The road to heaven is a long and sometimes difficult path but what lies at the end of if is well worth the time and effort spent travelling to it.

What difficulties we overcome in life, will make us stronger. God does not give us situations that he does not think we can handle. Sometimes it may seem like we can't, but that is because we are blinded by our own fear or willingness to give up.

15. Lord Itachi Uchiha God

we just do not realize how much God helps us. When was the last time you needed something... i'm pretty sure you got it. but you do not realize that that is God that helped you

16. SuperStylin Music Aficianado

the idea that god helps you along the way is more embracing the philosophies in buddhism, which would be the boddhisatvas.

in judaism
    God-distant creator, respected and feared

in Christianity
    God-the father, loving and kind

17. Asmodai FX Zero

If god is loving and kind than why must go things his way. *cough*aids*cough*
    If god was so kind than we we're allowed to spill the juice of life, rather than having thousands of people die every day of that awfull desease.
    Or did we just made that rule up, if so, for what motives?

18. SmokingPepper Sasuke Rules

Thats exactly how I think it is.

19. TDM Toast

I can honestly say, no.

20. chaosenigma Member

This is turning into a belief vs. non-belief thread but oh well.

I believe in God. I can't prove He exists but I believe in Him and I feel I have had experiences in life where He was there. However, I don't feel that he is necessarily playing an active role in our lives. We are not his puppets, because we have free will to choose what we want. I feel God started us all off and let the rules of this world govern the rest. While He may not play an active role, He does things from time to time to show us He's there. It's up to us to see how we interpret that.

For those who complain about "God letting all the bad things happen", how would we appreciate life and all the good things in it if there werent any bad things in it? Yeah some people die in worse ways than others but everyone will die at some point. Everything that happens to someone affects their life and that in turn affects the life of another, and that process continues. Thats why I feel everything happens for a reason.

21. Sands

what he said
    if he has helped me i don't remember

22. SaitouBatch New Member

Doesnt saying that god helps you directly in life essentially destroy the idea of free will? Almost everything we achieve in life comes to us through our own actions or the actions of others. Like if you really needed like 10 bucks really bad for something, and just then your dad walks in with 10 bucks that he wanted to give you, and you say god must have done it because it was such a coincidence, then arent you saying god must have influenced your dad to bring that 10 dollars to you, and therefore robbed your dad of his free will? Or if your plane gets into serious turbulence and is about to crash, but at the last minute the pilots take control and land the plane safely. Many people might thank god for the "miracle", but doesnt that mean god took away those pilots' free will and "made" them land the plane safely? Not to mention that seems pretty lame, thanking god when it is thanks to the pilots' skill and effort that your life was saved. People who thank god for things that humans have done are pretty ungrateful. Its like thanking god for a meal before eating, when its thanks to the farmers, distributors, etc that you got that food.

23. diglossiablues No really, it's this big.

"Jesus built my hotrod" XD

24. Sands

to me this is what u r saying
    ' i had to become tougher and ppl around me listened to so and so so i listened and it made things clear and god helped me do that'
    that is the work of society, cause and efect not god
    god may have helped some ppl but not in that way
    as for the pain let me give u a scenario:

u skateboard. your parents tell u to be careful and then let u. they don't follow u around to stop u from getting hurt though. u fall and scrape your knee. your parents could have prevented it by following u everywhere but instead u learn from that pain and be more careful.
    because we learn from our mistakes and pain we know to be careful.
    god could stop that pain but it teaches humans that u need to learn form your mistakes

25. Kurairu Lords of Insufficient Light

No. I don't believe in any religion at all.

26. SuperStylin Music Aficianado

most Christians purport the idea of free will.

without evil there would be no basis for good or to show love.

i don't know exact details...you should ask someone more knowledgeable than me in that subject.

27. fukush Banned

...can u all stop saying thinks like that? "God loves u, God helps u" blablaba kiss my ass.

U dont have any proff that he exist, so until he comes "down", stfu about him helping and lovin, its annoyin.

UNTIL HE COMES "DOWN" HE DOES NOT EXIST, period.

28. SuperStylin Music Aficianado

And from the way you speak it seems that you have no proof that God doesn't exist. And your last sentence would defeat your argument, and imply that you too acknowledge the existence of God.

29. fukush Banned

How come? because I address "him" with "he"?

*Igorance is blizz*

30. SuperStylin Music Aficianado

Because you said until he comes "down" he does not exist.

That is a very poorly written sentence if you are trying to say God does not exist. In fact it seems to say that he DOES exist but he has just not come "down" yet.